Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 73478

Something broke, sounds mods stopped working, as far as I can tell. The ACE SM and Chammy's both have no effect, and were both working fine as of the beta before this one.

Something broke, sounds mods stopped working, as far as I can tell. The ACE SM and Chammy's both have no effect, and were both working fine as of the beta before this one.

From the changelog, havent tested the beta yet but i guess this is the answer:

When used with -mod commandline the prefix '%' should be used, such as -mod=%someInstalledMod.

radio communications are bugged.....ai sounds slowed down :confused:

client and server 73478 tested on several missions....ai voices appear slowed down

Edited by Wildgoose

ah, so I installed the beta and went straight to the mission editor where I placed a US rifleman player unit and synced it to the warfare OA module to see if it was working again. Of course it wasn't, but it was hilarious because when the AI commander was selected and started building things, the voice saying "headquarters deployed" and "barracks constructed was a female in "insert eastern european country's language here." Weird. I reloaded the test mission and it was back in english. So whatever. I don't really mind it as long as all of the language isnt changed.

Maybe it is linked to my particular game not having a functioning warfare module since 4 betas ago. who knows.

I can confirm this. No mods or addons except the BAF units in use.

thx BIS for fresh data :)

negative - cannot confirm on my side - voice pitching ok as it should be /as it was before 73478

(having tried vanilla missions and with ace - voices fine for player and for AI with or without mod)

client and server 73478 tested on several missions....ai voices appear slowed down

Sounds like you've not loaded BAF correctly, kinda like the "sound mods not working" posts above? Are you sure BAF loaded? You see the little Icon in the bottom left of the main window and BAF listed on the upper right side?

thx BIS for fresh data :)

negative - cannot confirm on my side - voice pitching ok as it should be /as it was before 73478

(having tried vanilla missions and with ace - voices fine for player and for AI with or without mod)

Maybe should have explained better....

only happens in MP on dedicated server client and server on latest beta.

shortcuts are fine, running BAF addon on client but not needed on server

Have noticed that with this beta playing missions at night cause ai to have their flash lights on all the time. Ordering them to turn off doesnt work. Kind of nuisance when you want to creep up on an enemy base.............hehe.

Congrats BIS to the new AI tank drivers skills!

As long as you keep them in save mode, they really drive well.

In the other modes they sometimes try to go funny routes, resulting in some minor or major accidents. Maybe there is room for improvement there, but save driving so far seems really good.

Cheers

Crusader

Can confirm this, it happens in Multiplayer and only on the client side; might be a specific voice.

shortcuts are fine, running BAF addon on client but not needed on server

I haven't tested but as a thought what happens in MP without BAF fully loaded (as its not needed)?

Funny I just got into warfare module and have to revert to standard pre beta patch to play, I assume it hasn't been fixed yet.

SInce applying this patch I ahve been getting this error for several weapons:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgweapons/rpk.FireSpreadAngle' "

It would appear this results in no shot deviation beyond what is given via recoil.

Edited by Xerxes-17

I can't run CO with the command script. just brings up the prompt window and closes immediately. fortunately, I can still run it with the A2 launcher. going to roll back to a previous beta to see if it wasn't something I did, instead.

edit: ok, guess there's something else going on. still couldn't run it with the previous patch. all I've done lately was install a couple things to use with justintv. so hmmm...

Edited by Capt. Sand
wasn't the beta patch

[73339] Improved: Improved helicopter AI formation flying and collision avoidance.

What was wrong with the previous helicopter AI formation?

THANKS for the patch BIS.

[73339] Improved: Improved helicopter AI formation flying and collision avoidance.

What was wrong with the previous helicopter AI formation?

THANKS for the patch BIS.

I think its pretty clear from the changelog alone? : they crashed into eachother...

I think its pretty clear from the changelog alone? : they crashed into eachother...

Hmmm... haven't been happening to me to be honest since Arma2 patch 1.5x.

I noticed that i get heavy CTD (those taskmanager hangups),when iam in the near or direct on an airfield mostly at night ingame.It would be great when you guys could take a look on this.

I learned to live with them now since about 1 year,but when it immediately switch back to the taskmanager 10 times in a row after i made the "flush",it kills any peace and harmony in me.

:(

if you get CTD, then please locate

arma2oa.bidmp

arma2oa.mdmp

arma2oa.rpt

compress them and send to my email (my forumname a_t bistudio.com)

Actually I think it's 2 points that have been improved on. iirc helos would often lag behind their group leader which made the leader do all sorts of weird moves to try and keep formation. Dunno if it's changed, haven't tested.

Thnx for the beta :)

I may have missed the reply, but I would still like to know what the "changed event handlers evaluation" means... :)

if you get CTD, then please locate

arma2oa.bidmp

arma2oa.mdmp

arma2oa.rpt

compress them and send to my email (my forumname a_t bistudio.com)

...c'mon. you guys already know it that there is no .bidmp,.mdmp nor .rpt report,when its CTD/switchingTD while still running in the taskmanager.

:j: