Now you lost me. What about spawned units during the mission then? I asked that two posts before and you said when they were... "treated". So spawn units don't get anything?

Spawned units are given the skills too. I did not imply otherwise, check the context to see what I was replying to, was about accuracy and difficulty set in the profile.

Rearming works with AWARE mode. If not, there's something else that prevents it. The general rule is they should not rearm if they're busy, in COMBAT mode rearming is limited to the primary weapon so they won't run for scavenging when they should be fighting.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I setup a mission with just two units on the map: one AI USMC soldier with no weapons, me as an observer, and a weapons crate near us. None of the objects were in the same group. I set a single waypoint for the weapon-less soldier near the crate. With Careless & Safe he took weapons and ammo from the crate. With Aware, Combat and Stealth he just ignored the crate no matter how long I watched.

Hope I can get this working correctly with your help.

Cheers

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I setup a mission with just two units on the map: one AI USMC soldier with no weapons, me as an observer, and a weapons crate near us. None of the objects were in the same group. I set a single waypoint for the weapon-less soldier near the crate. With Careless & Safe he took weapons and ammo from the crate. With Aware, Combat and Stealth he just ignored the crate no matter how long I watched.

Hope I can get this working correctly with your help.

Cheers

I just tested the scenario described and it worked as it should. Please open a ticket and upload your test mission and rpt:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/asr-ai/issues

Hey! great mod just one suggestion:

You should think about making snipers more accurate and dangerous. I tested them on several occasions and they seem to have trouble hitting me and my enemies.

Hello Mr Robalo,

I have to say this is a great mod. Fantastic job.

My AI's can rearm fine from ammo crates, but they are not rearming from dead enemy soldiers. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

I mean, in the battlefield you wouldn't walk around salvaging weapons that you don't even know if they work or not.

So, is the AI not supposed to rearm from dead enemy soldiers? :)

I have been creating some simple missions in which the soldiers have weapons but no ammo, and just to our front there are dead enemy soldiers from whom they could get weapons and equipment, but they ignore the soldiers. Is this behavior correct? :)

Thank you again for all your effort and dedication. :bounce3:

=====================================================

I did some further testing and realized that if you set the enemy AI to "0" so it'll die at the beginning of the mission the friendly AI will ignore it and not rearm. If, however, you kill that same soldier your AI will proceed and rearm.

Interesting... :laugh:

Edited by henrique_rp

Hey! great mod just one suggestion:

You should think about making snipers more accurate and dangerous. I tested them on several occasions and they seem to have trouble hitting me and my enemies.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

Hello Mr Robalo,

I have to say this is a great mod. Fantastic job.

My AI's can rearm fine from ammo crates, but they are not rearming from dead enemy soldiers. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

I mean, in the battlefield you wouldn't walk around salvaging weapons that you don't even know if they work or not.

So, is the AI not supposed to rearm from dead enemy soldiers? :)

I have been creating some simple missions in which the soldiers have weapons but no ammo, and just to our front there are dead enemy soldiers from whom they could get weapons and equipment, but they ignore the soldiers. Is this behavior correct? :)

Thank you again for all your effort and dedication. :bounce3:

=====================================================

I did some further testing and realized that if you set the enemy AI to "0" so it'll die at the beginning of the mission the friendly AI will ignore it and not rearm. If, however, you kill that same soldier your AI will proceed and rearm.

Interesting... :laugh:

Thanks, that's interesting :)

I don't know what happens when you set them to 0 as you say (not exactly sure what that means) but if you want to test with some dead guys you can put

this setdamage 1 in their init line.

The AI should rearm from bodies too, dead or unconscious.

Great! I am also love to see AI snipers in serious business. Not too satisfy of the current result, though, but I think you can do it better to adding accuracy for sniper units. :)

Yes I want to see snipers improved as well.

I think a part of the problem is BIS' broken AI recoil control - which in case of sniper rifles is the worst

Very good addon, i'm really enjoying it. I too would like better snipers.

Also would it be possible to make units occupy building positions on their own ? I imagine that something like that is beyond the scope for your mod, but i thought i should ask anyway.

Good Snipers....

Well in theory a good Idea, but If you play SP and have a Squad to command and those Idiots are just to dumb to get into proper cover well.....

Maybe improve it only for friendly Snipers?

Great AddOn really like using in my missions. I can't seem to determine where this new config setting is in the hpp?

1.10 | 24 AUG 2011

New configs for sensitivity (how well a unit sees) and camouflage (how easily a unit is seen) based on unit type and clothing.

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

Thanks, that's interesting :)

I don't know what happens when you set them to 0 as you say (not exactly sure what that means) but if you want to test with some dead guys you can put

this setdamage 1 in their init line.

The AI should rearm from bodies too, dead or unconscious.

A little typo on my side Mr Robalo. I apologize. What I meant is that if you set the enemy soldier health bar to zero, so the soldier will start the mission dead, your soldiers who have no ammo on them will ignore the fallen soldier. :)

However, if you kill the soldier, your soldiers will rearm at him.

One more little thing, Mr Robalo, in the ASR_AI_SETTINGS file, there are some "spaces" before the "//". So when we comment out each setting line, are we supposed to remove those spaces as well?

Another thing I have been playing with is the "radio alert" feature. Is that still experimental? I've set the alert radius to more than 500m but I haven't been able to get the other group of AI's alerted. Do they also have to be synchronized, somehow, in the mission editor? :)

Thanks again for this great mod. :bounce3:

A little typo on my side Mr Robalo. I apologize. What I meant is that if you set the enemy soldier health bar to zero, so the soldier will start the mission dead, your soldiers who have no ammo on them will ignore the fallen soldier. :)

However, if you kill the soldier, your soldiers will rearm at him.

I haven't messed with this in a long time, but since OFP, there has always been an issue with using the slider. Sliding all the way to the left (full damage) doesn't actually kill an AI, as far as the game is concerned. They look dead, but aren't. If you use Robalo's "this setdamage 1" trick, it takes care of this.

@Robalo,

Thanks for continuing to support this great addition. I've pulled most of Zeus out while playing and still notice a very positive improvement with your addon from vanilla.

Also would it be possible to make units occupy building positions on their own ? I imagine that something like that is beyond the scope for your mod, but i thought i should ask anyway.

Better left for mission design as it would probably break missions if it were an addon thing. But I'll think about it, if it can be done in a safe way.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Great AddOn really like using in my missions. I can't seem to determine where this new config setting is in the hpp?

1.10 | 24 AUG 2011

New configs for sensitivity (how well a unit sees) and camouflage (how easily a unit is seen) based on unit type and clothing.

Those are game configs hardcoded in the addons, not part of the userconfig hpp.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

One more little thing, Mr Robalo, in the ASR_AI_SETTINGS file, there are some "spaces" before the "//". So when we comment out each setting line, are we supposed to remove those spaces as well?

Another thing I have been playing with is the "radio alert" feature. Is that still experimental? I've set the alert radius to more than 500m but I haven't been able to get the other group of AI's alerted. Do they also have to be synchronized, somehow, in the mission editor? :)

Thanks again for this great mod. :bounce3:

The leading spaces do not matter. The alert feature should work just fine and there's no synchronization involved. The alert will be sent with a delay so make sure you expose yourself to the alerter group then let them live a while so they have time to transmit. You can search the thread, I've explained the delay already.

Also feel free to open a ticket for this and attach your test mission, rpt and the userconfig if you've customized it: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/asr-ai/issues

Better left for mission design as it would probably break missions if it were an addon thing. But I'll think about it, if it can be done in a safe way.

Why not make it a switch that can be turn on/off? something like how GL4 or DAC did it? forgive me if i am dead wrong. :)

Why not make it a switch that can be turn on/off? something like how GL4 or DAC did it? forgive me if i am dead wrong. :)

That`s what i was thinking too in regards to mission compatibility. Anyway it`s entirely up to Robalo.

The safest way is (unfortunately) to make functions that mission makers will be able to use... Of course the drawback is that they will need to have ASR installed (but ASR should really become a part of ACE if only in the form of module that you drop in the editor - right now there are really no drawbacks to using it and if you'll go for functions that let you control AI (like radio distances) for each separate mission it's only for the best).

UPSMON does just that but you need to put it inside every mission which doesn't make it too comfortable to use in the editor just for testing (as you have to save every mission and put UPSMON scripts there)

Robalo, is there any way of making the AI ​​walk when ordered? because the enemy AI hear when command my a.i to move, run like a crazy, dont walk. Any form for add one command for a.i move only walk, dont run?

only an idea, do not know if it is possible ;P

Negative, unless you go to game options, edit each difficulty and hit default with the mod enabled, then the recommended skill/precision settings are saved in that file.

The mod only overrides mission editor assigned unit skills (or scripted setskill depending on when it's done).

So if I understand your explanation, your mod follows this logic:

If a misssion contains specific values for AI Accuracy (as specified by mission designer), then ASR AI mod overides these with values specified in its userconfig (Arma2/userconfig/asr). Otherwise the values defined in the user profile values (My Documents\ArmA2\Arma2OA.cfg) are those used by default.

Right?

Edited by domokun

Robalo, is there any way of making the AI ​​walk when ordered? because the enemy AI hear when command my a.i to move, run like a crazy, dont walk. Any form for add one command for a.i move only walk, dont run?

only an idea, do not know if it is possible ;P

I think it's doable, maybe in the future, low prio for now.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

So if I understand your explanation, your mod follows this logic:

If a misssion contains specific values for AI Accuracy (as specified by mission designer), then ASR AI mod overides these with values specified in its userconfig (Arma2/userconfig/asr). Otherwise the values defined in the user profile values (My Documents\ArmA2\Arma2OA.cfg) are those used by default.

Right?

Not Arma2OA.cfg, I guess you mean the .ArmA2OAProfile file. The settings there always matter.

The asr_ai_sys_aiskill_sets values from userconfig\asr_ai\asr_ai_settings.hpp will override mission assigned skills for those specified there.

Is it possible to have mission script override those skills back? Preferably in some global way, for example by setting some global variables that tell the mod to use those values, and then maybe calling a function to update the skills of all AI that are already present?

Is it possible to have mission script override those skills back? Preferably in some global way, for example by setting some global variables that tell the mod to use those values, and then maybe calling a function to update the skills of all AI that are already present?

Yes. You can:

1. Set the asr_ai_sys_aiskill_sets global var to custom values in your init.sqf

2. Set the asr_ai_sys_aiskill_setskills global var to 0 to disable setting skills for all units

2. Exclude some units from the setskill feature with variable with something like:

someunit setVariable ["asr_ai_sys_aiskill_exclude", true];

How can I actually be sure though that the variables were set before the skill was overridden?

How can I actually be sure though that the variables were set before the skill was overridden?

The SetSkill function is called with a spawned InitPost EH and with a delay of 5-10 seconds. So you can be sure whatever you set in init.sqf will be used. I've implemented it exactly with this kind of functionality in mind, so you can override things in the mission.

For spawned units, just make sure you set the exclude var within 5 sec. after they're created. See my notes from post 305 too.

Edited by Robalo_AS