Foxhound: Thanks!

Dysta: I've already extended the spotting skills to a limit I'm afraid to go over. The awareness fixes should make up for the limited passive spotting. Do you think forcing the AI to use binocs more often when idle will help ? Sounds like a nice idea.

Yes, I've tried that when I play as spotter in M107 squad. Setting all of the snipers and my spotter skills into almost 0, the sniper squad can only found and engage in 300 meters.

But when I tried the rangefinder/binocular to observe and found the enemy patrol squad, these snipers are immediately firing even they're far away, and still pretty decent to hit the target.

I think that's just not give them a good use with the binos, maybe should add a new feature like they'll often use binos and observe the environment (Maybe set to used by Squad leader, sniper and spotter only, so will not see all the AIs are holding binos anytimes. Or set a behavior like only skilled member will use it regularly, or only use it when found an unknown target.)

Hi Robalo!

First : Thank you for the Update. This is one of my absolutely favourite Mods.

To the Question : ASR AI can be used with ACE now without Probs? Cause i have seen an Entry in the Release notes, that we should not use any AI Mod with it due to the ACE AI Enhancements. Maybe a dumb Question, but i´m a little bit confused now. :)

Hi Robalo!

First : Thank you for the Update. This is one of my absolutely favourite Mods.

To the Question : ASR AI can be used with ACE now without Probs? Cause i have seen an Entry in the Release notes, that we should not use any AI Mod with it due to the ACE AI Enhancements. Maybe a dumb Question, but i´m a little bit confused now. :)

You can expect perfect ACE compatibility from this one ;)

Just finished a tried and tested mission and the difference is AMAZING

AI react quickly, accuracy is believable (i.e. no hits on their 1st or 2nd shots), medics heal, UGLs are used, etc.

I tip my hat to you!

This is a great update Robalo, been waiting to get a real useful/threatening sniper for a long time. Thanks

You're welcome, it was a popular request. They're still no match against a human player that carries the same rifle but yet a fearsome opponent. Used to just stop and shoot back at them, now, when you hear that distinct shot sound, you better hide unless it's too late :)

You should not only keep watching after Snipers, AI with Grenadelaunchers are extreme deadly now also : "Hostiles!" "Enemy at.." *Whoom* You are Dead. :D

Do anyone here use ASR on a dedicated server? If so do you also use other AI enhancements togheter with it?

ASR_AI is the one stop shop IMO, no need for others. Except maybe AI groupmanagement like GroupLink or DAC, which is a different beast alltogether :)

Best play with the latest OA 1.60 betas.

Edited by Sickboy

ASR AI is always tested on dedicated servers, all the tweaks are based on playing coop missions against AI.

Thanks for the straight up answer, SB. I'm planning to also add GL4, but turn off the reinforcement feature. Might also add this, if it works out:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111819

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

ASR AI is always tested on dedicated servers, all the tweaks are based on playing coop missions against AI.

*thumbs up* Im really appreciative of your work on this mod!:yay:

You should not only keep watching after Snipers, AI with Grenadelaunchers are extreme deadly now also : "Hostiles!" "Enemy at.." *Whoom* You are Dead. :D

Too right, I now really fear that THOOMP! sound of a UGL...

Great for the gameplay as well since you are now forced to constantly move, can't perma-camp anymore.

This may sound silly, but, does this AI mod also have the idle chatter Zeus has? Like that will humm and all sorts of stuff, not over comms or in text, but in open world.

We do a-lot of stealth night ops as under equipped resistance, so that kinda thing really adds to the immersion

This may sound silly, but, does this AI mod also have the idle chatter Zeus has? Like that will humm and all sorts of stuff, not over comms or in text, but in open world.

We do a-lot of stealth night ops as under equipped resistance, so that kinda thing really adds to the immersion

There's no chatter in this one (and AFAIK not in Zeus either, but I may be wrong).

Mods that I know having the AI chatter:

- ACE has a module "AI talk"

- RUG_DSAI

- Group Link 4

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Hi, isn't this included in ACE or do I need seperate?

No, there are some common parts but this mod is not included in ACE.

Zeus has no idle chatter

He is confusing it with either Sar_krik (included in ACE) or Dynamic Speaking AI

If I disable my current ZEUS, they no longer chatter, I enable it, they do. Also other then ACE i have none of the above. And without Zeus while standing around in a "safe" setting, they do not laugh and chatter casually, or rather, at all, without Zeus.

Edited by Kevaskous

Then it means you've dropped the mod into the Zeus folder.

Dude get it, I got it straight from Zeus's servers ages ago, I'm not a idiot, I manage all these things on my own and ran servers and server companies related to this stuff for the last 6 years, I don't need your crap. I asked a simple question, got my answer, now bugger off, you're not always right like you think you are.

There's no chatter in this one (and AFAIK not in Zeus either, but I may be wrong).

Mods that I know having the AI chatter:

- ACE has a module "AI talk"

- RUG_DSAI

- Group Link 4

Sorry for the rant people and thank you Robalo for kindly answering my question :) Is there any possibility for this to be added in the future...I've tried RUG_DSAI in the past but it just didn't do what Zeus does for me, AI chatter wise, crazy I know but my guys really like the immersion it adds. Zeus does (Though seem to remember some versions or lighter packages not having it. But these I got straight from them on their last released link before he quit.)

Edited by Kevaskous

Latest Zeus AI is only 100 KBytes (and even less before that), it physically can't contain custom sound files. I've been using Zeus since very much its beginning and it never had any AI chatter.

I have no plans for adding AI chatter, there are enough good addons for this out there already.

Nice updates esp with snipers, I have a mission using UPS script and stationary snipers random on a map, now its time to be very careful :)

BTW its off topic but I have never known any AI mod to use sounds and talking built in, that's either ACE AI talk module or the addon that uses the same feature (name escapes me), or GL4/SLX? Cant remember about GL4/SLX if they do have that feature, but not Zeus, unless you got it from a server that bundled it with the AI speak pbo's in the folder.