It's hard to define "as good as humans". For example, if I like them at 0.4 and set them to behave like that at 1, then metalcraze will find them too easy to go against :)

It's better to allow tweaking both ways IMO.

Yes...

I just decided to run a little test...

Basically I've upped skills even more in userconfig (by 0.1-0.15), put a marine squad (13 people) in the editor with max skills (1.0) and 3 insurgent squads (24 people) with default skills (which are 0.0-0.3). Friendly skill/prec 0.85/0.8, enemy skill/prec 0.85/0.55...

The result is 11 people in my squad out of 13 dead, I'm alive, wounded in the foot and hands and yet with 20 frags in my statistics...

It now feels like ASR actually nerfs AI if anything

Thanks for sharing that. Sounds like it's working to me. As I said, everyone's expectations will not be the same.

I wonder what the results are for the same scenario except without ASR AI ?

Edited by Robalo_AS

Updated with v1.8 in first post. Changes:

AI rearming distance can be set in userconfig (asr_ai_sys_airearming_radius value in meters, default 50).

Enabled rearming from another AI unit's backpack on the same side (was limited to same group).

Getting primary ammo has better priority, should no longer change primary weapon if mags for it can be found.

Rearming from own backpack is faster.

AI skills revised. Recommended difficulty settings: between 0.5 and 1.0 for skill and 0.5 to 0.8 for precision.

Edited by Robalo_AS

great, now my team will grab ammo from their own backpack immediately instead of running around looking for dead bodies.

Excellent - this just gets better and better!

Now, if you could just tweak it so AI don't walk through walls.....

just kidding ;-)

They're figuring out the smoke grenades, finally :)

PFp14ao4nzw

Very nice matey, love your mod. Btw what tracer fx are you using? ACE Ball?

Will AI deploying smoke mess with the same ability in UPSMON? Like cause an unnecessary smoke spam if both mods/scripts will make AI deploy it

Just asking if you've tested it with UPSMON missions

wonderful news, next release coming soon?

Soon I hope, still tweaking it

Very nice matey, love your mod. Btw what tracer fx are you using? ACE Ball?

Yes

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Will AI deploying smoke mess with the same ability in UPSMON? Like cause an unnecessary smoke spam if both mods/scripts will make AI deploy it

Just asking if you've tested it with UPSMON missions

I have not tested it with UPSMON yet, but I'm implementing measures to skip throwing smoke in certain situations.

Also, you can add the 'nosmoke' parameter to UPSMON should there be issues.

Also, as usual, it's an optional feature :)

Here's another WIP video:

I should probably mention that it's a debug version which has as much smoke as possible.

In final version, there's some randomness whether they use it, and of course they only throw what they have.

Edited by Robalo_AS

Also, as usual, it's an optional feature :)

Here's another WIP video:

I should probably mention that it's a debug version which has as much smoke as possible.

In final version, there's some randomness whether they use it, and of course they only throw what they have.

Can't be sure from watching that vid, but it looks like they make a throw animation, then you spawn a smokeshell, then they move up to it using it as cover? If so, nice implementation :)

I wonder if a system is possible where a nearby unit can throw a smokeshell that hides a wounded comrade, so that he can then move up & administer first aid?

Can't be sure from watching that vid, but it looks like they make a throw animation, then you spawn a smokeshell, then they move up to it using it as cover? If so, nice implementation :)

I wonder if a system is possible where a nearby unit can throw a smokeshell that hides a wounded comrade, so that he can then move up & administer first aid?

Just playing the anim and spawning the smoke, the rest is part of whatever they were doing. They throw it in the direction of the closest known threat.

Had to resort to this to avoid that retarded "throw smoke straight up into the air " move :)

It's the first I fiddle with AI and smoke, who knows what else this will lead to.

But making medics use it when healing their buddys is something I want to add for sure.

Edited by Robalo_AS

Just playing the anim and spawning the smoke, the rest is part of whatever they were doing. Had to resort to this to avoid that retarded "throw smoke straight up into the air " move :)

It's the first I fiddle with AI and smoke, who knows what else this will lead to.

But making medics use it when healing their buddys is something I want to add for sure.

That's exactly how UPSMON does it. I had a look because I tried to implement a 'throw smoke when hit' routine into one of my missions and all they do is perform some crazy yoga move and throw the smoke shell 100m into the air!!

I stopped using UPSOM for heavy missions as it was giving me an FPS headache, so the addition of this into ASR_AI is excellent.

Updated to v1.9, with the new AI smoke feature.

How do I know what Skill set a particular unit uses? for example if I have a takistani militia man how do I know which of the 9 sets of stats he is going to be using?

Also, what exactly does aiming shake do?

Edited by -Coulum-

How do I know what Skill set a particular unit uses? for example if I have a takistani militia man how do I know which of the 9 sets of stats he is going to be using?

Also, what exactly does aiming shake do?

You can look inside the pbo and check the level of the unit in the cfgVehicles class, or look at the sources here at dev-heaven. A Taki militia is level 6 (or 5 if a team leader or sniper).

Aiming shake is how steady they hold the weapon towards the target. The lower the value the more they "shake" it :)

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thank you Foxhound!

You can look inside the pbo and check the level of the unit in the cfgVehicles class, or look at the sources here at dev-heaven. A Taki militia is level 6 (or 5 if a team leader or sniper).

Aiming shake is how steady they hold the weapon towards the target. The lower the value the more they "shake" it

Thanks alot! Great mod so far. adds alot more immersion when your enemies are skilled differently and you have to change your tactics accordingly. the rearming bit is just icing on the cake and it is just awesome that after a battle your ai teamates have aquired some new toys like rpgs and grenades. Haven't ever really been a fan of ai and smoke grenades but so far they seem to be working out pretty well. also like how the ai communicate. my only suggestion would be to have the ai evaluate a situation and if outnumbered they will retreat or try to dig in rather than rush up lie they do now.

Thanks for a great mod!

hey folks,

i really don´t know, cause i can´t isolate that phänomena exactly to the mod but:

sometimes ai-soldiers in my squad freeze at their position and change to pistol there´s nothing to do they don´t move anymore

did anyone notice that too???

hey folks,

i really don´t know, cause i can´t isolate that phänomena exactly to the mod but:

sometimes ai-soldiers in my squad freeze at their position and change to pistol there´s nothing to do they don´t move anymore

did anyone notice that too???

That's an old game bug unfortunately. See http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16676

New on front page at Armed Assault.info

Link to mirror :

ASR AI addons (v 1.9): http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1557

Thanks Old Bear !

When you set the "nighttime multiplyer" more than 1 it increases the spotting range of a unit at night right? Would then be possible to make a "daytime multiplyer" so It is possible to further increase the spotting ability of a unit in the day to increase the range at which firefights occur? I only ask because right now I still can't get snipers to see me before I see them even with a spotting distance/speed of 1 and a skill and precision of 1.

When you set the "nighttime multiplyer" more than 1 it increases the spotting range of a unit at night right? Would then be possible to make a "daytime multiplyer" so It is possible to further increase the spotting ability of a unit in the day to increase the range at which firefights occur? I only ask because right now I still can't get snipers to see me before I see them even with a spotting distance/speed of 1 and a skill and precision of 1.

There's already a view distance setting in game that you can use for that. Other than that and the spotting skill in the userconfig there's not much else that can be done. The passive units always have a limited view no matter what.