Thanks Robalo,

Some sweet updates in this, a force to be reckoned with in many ways.

Great updates.

:bounce3:

Ok I'm searching for a good AI Mod. Currently my AI is only improved by ACE. Could someone please sum up what makes this Mod so special? How does it change the gameplay?

Ok I'm searching for a good AI Mod. Currently my AI is only improved by ACE. Could someone please sum up what makes this Mod so special? How does it change the gameplay?

It stands to reason that you may want to check the first post, where there is an extensive list of features. ;)

A few notes about the mission editor skill slider and this mod.

Pretty much this mod overrides whatever skill you set for a unit in there, except for the particular skills that are not changed by default.

The skills that can be changed are:

aimingAccuracy

aimingShake

aimingSpeed

endurance

spotDistance

spotTime

courage

reloadSpeed

commanding

general

This mod, by default, changes all of them to random values within certain levels based on the unit type, except these: endurance, courage, reloadSpeed and commanding. So only for these 4, the skill slider setting in the editor will still matter.

But, anyone interested can limit or change which skills to be overriden, based on unit type, with the power of the userconfig at hands :)

Also about the ALICE module, it's common practice to set skill 0 for the spawned civilians in order to save resources. My mod would override that, but it can be prevented. Here's how:

waitUntil{!isNil "BIS_alice_mainscope"};
[bIS_alice_mainscope, "ALICE_civilianinit", [
{_this setVariable ["asr_ai_sys_aiskill_exclude", true]},
{_this setSkill 0}
]] call BIS_fnc_variableSpaceAdd;

I have already read the first post, but I would like to hear from someone how this Mod changed his game

The nicest thing I love about this mod is it does make firefights longer and more tactical, seeting two squads of usmc and two squads of russian infantry on seek and destroy waypoints(danger mode) from opposite ends of utes airfield I watched from the air control tower. The first thing i noticed is the very efficient usage of ammo, instead of previously ai spamming rounds at theyre opponents I noticed machine gunners using controlled bursts, snipers moving to flanking positions along with machine gunners setting up fire support positions. Awesome work robalo one of the finest ai mods out - not to mention the painstaking testing that must have gone into it.:cylon:

[...] snipers moving to flanking positions along with machine gunners setting up fire support positions. Awesome work robalo one of the finest ai mods out - not to mention the painstaking testing that must have gone into it.:cylon:

Ignorance is bliss? Just kidding.

I have a question though, for units spawned during the mission... when do you apply the new skills and what do you use to detect them as new?

Thanks, it's good to see people working on things besides ACE ;).

I have already read the first post, but I would like to hear from someone how this Mod changed his game

... then you download it, try it and see for yourself.

Tonci87, you can say this is an alternative to ACE w/o the bulkiness ACE has yet retaining similar goodness to the AI improvement for ACE. I use this for official missions/campaign that is not possible to finish/play with ACE on. Hence this shines for me.

Increased default accuracy skills a bit (they're tuned for use with latest betas).

Configured the recommended skill and precision defaults (open difficulty settings and hit default for them to be applied).

Thx very much for this update. Can't wait to try it. Your continuous improvements have made this the main AI mod on our server.

But due to issues in MP with the latest beta we're still running the 1.59 patch. So what settings do you recommend for those who aren't using the latest betas?

I have a question though, for units spawned during the mission... when do you apply the new skills and what do you use to detect them as new?

Thanks, it's good to see people working on things besides ACE ;).

There is an init event handler for each unit and the skills are applied 5 to 10 seconds after the unit is created.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Thx very much for this update. Can't wait to try it. Your continuous improvements have made this the main AI mod on our server.

But due to issues in MP with the latest beta we're still running the 1.59 patch. So what settings do you recommend for those who aren't using the latest betas?

The only thing to look for is the AI accuracy which is often a matter of preference. I'd recommend trying to tweak that in the server config first and userconfig second.

The only thing to look for is the AI accuracy which is often a matter of preference. I'd recommend trying to tweak that in the server config first and userconfig second.

Thanks but we're not running a dedicated server. In that case should we edit the accuracy settings (enemyPrecision?) in My Documents\ArmA2\Arma2OA.cfg? And then in the userconfig?

Edited by domokun

Thanks but we're not running a dedicated server. In that case should we edit the accuracy settings (enemyPrecision?) in My Documents\ArmA2\Arma2OA.cfg? And then in the userconfig?

Settings can be adjusted in my documents\Arma2\user.ArmA2OAProfile

Thx but aren't those settings overidden by the paramters set in your mod?

Thx but aren't those settings overidden by the paramters set in your mod?

Negative, unless you go to game options, edit each difficulty and hit default with the mod enabled, then the recommended skill/precision settings are saved in that file.

The mod only overrides mission editor assigned unit skills (or scripted setskill depending on when it's done).

Units grab ammo from their backpacks which is the only most important feature of this mod you should care about

That and other stuff like different types of units fighting better or worse (instead of fighting all the same in vanilla), deploying smoke when wounded a lot, seeing worse at night, sharing info about enemies using radios (if they have one). Any of this can be disabled (like when playing missions where info sharing can make them unplayable - like f.e. CWR2's Clean Sweep)

It's pretty sweet and not broken like last versions of Zeus and GroupLink

snip

It's pretty sweet and not broken like last versions of Zeus and GroupLink

Good summary. Whats broken in GL4?

I run ASR_AI, GL4 + findcover.pbo from Zeus AI on my server.

GL4 much like Zeus (which uses GL's components) tend to take away AI control from the player/mission maker (unless you start taking away components but what's the point then?)

Meaning AIs can go on about their own thing, not intended by a mission maker while also producing a noticeable CPU overhead due to more complex scripts.

Granted there can be moments when AI doing stuff like spreading into separate coloured fireteams, switching formations, etc can be good - but most of the time this doesn't produce more useful results.

OK, exactly the answers I searched for, I think I will try this Mod together with ACE

Robalo, maby can you combine all the known versions of one?

Robalo, maby can you combine all the known versions of one?

I have no idea about what you're trying to say.

ZeusLinkASRGroup_AI_SpectacularSkillClash_Mod.pbo

If nothing else, the name would be good ;)

Edited by mrcash2009

ZeusLinkASRGroup_AI_SpectacularSkillClash_Mod.pbo

If nothing else, the name would be good ;)

... and to own the CPU that would run that :D.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

The mod only overrides mission editor assigned unit skills.

Now you lost me. What about spawned units during the mission then? I asked that two posts before and you said when they were... "treated". So spawn units don't get anything?