Would setting the sniper to combat mode do any good in that case?

Would setting the sniper to combat mode do any good in that case?

Yes giving a waypoint with behaviour COMBAT certainly helps.

But I will upgrade their eyes a bit with next update too :)

Loving this mod. It certainly adds a twist to the campaigns I have already played. Just been playing the DEVGRU campaign on Duala - in the middle of the briefing, the CO gets up, runs off and comes back two minutes later armed to the teeth! He was obviously fed up of his desk job! Hilarious.

The new smoke works really well too.

Excellent piece of work mate.

Im not sure if this is 1.8 or 1.9 but I set rearming off on start up (you then get the message AI rearming disabled show up to confirm at mission start) ... but then my team will start rearming?

Can anyone else switch off rearming in config and sit near a weapon crate and wait ... do they rearm anyway for you? Im sure 1.8 didn't do this but at the moment 1.9 its happening, I may need to fully test anything conflicting.

If anyone else can simply try it and post back if you get the same?

EDIT ... I start my mission in danger mode via waypoint for the team, so will that simply override it at mission start?

So ... disable rearming at start, set a team next to crate set to "stealth" waypoint just in front of you as a team & then try also the same but way point "danger" ... do they auto rearm anyway in those states on mission start?

Edited by mrcash2009

@mrcash2009

I tried the above and could not reproduce the issue. Two things to check:

1. Make sure you don't have an older version of the rearming addon somewhere, or another mod that does rearming.

Specifically if you have asr_vfai.pbo you should delete it. Having that rearming hint at the beginning indicates that you're running that old one.

2. How are you exactly disabling rearming ?

I did find another bug though:

- disabled rearming at mission start in userconfig by setting this in userconfig\asr_ai\asr_ai_settings.hpp:

/* Enable rearming at mission start */
asr_ai_sys_airearming_run = 0;

As expected, they do not rearm.

- re-enabled rearming with 0 - 8 - Equipment AI - Enable

This should enable rearming but it doesn't

Fixed for next update.

Edited by Robalo_AS

I propose add a little but important feature!

If you squad leader, you can order to friendly AI "Throw grenade" on your cursor position

Or if target is soldier and his in house or behind wall, throw grenade, in some time bots without ammo for main weapon, just stay and look on you :), but has grenades in inventory

If teach AI's rearming, throw grenades its must been eazy...

Maby on next release, add ability change throw grenade modes for AI

What you think, it actualy?

I don't know, can't trust myself enough with throwing frags where I want them, showing an AI where to put them seems even harder. But feel free to contribute this feature if you think it's easy to implement :)

How about an option, that tells AI, to load up on tracer ammo (or other kinds), preferably.

As an ACE feature ?

What do you think ?

How about an option, that tells AI, to load up on tracer ammo (or other kinds), preferably.

As an ACE feature ?

What do you think ?

Please explain. You mean when rearming, or using. What would determine them choosing tracer ammo ?

After looking ASR_VFAI was still in one of my mod folders which im sure I moved to "disabled" folder but it wasnt, thanks for mention. Everything else you mention I have set so will check this later, pretty damn sure thats the issue.

BTW as regards tracer ammo, isn't that just a case of adding the ammo class into the array in the config for ammo selection options?

Yes giving a waypoint with behaviour COMBAT certainly helps.

But I will upgrade their eyes a bit with next update too :)

not forgetting better aiming skill as well and lesser shake. Can't stand to see a sniper that misses it's target by 10 meter apart.

I don't know, can't trust myself enough with throwing frags where I want them, showing an AI where to put them seems even harder. But feel free to contribute this feature if you think it's easy to implement :)

Its just a command to AIs Atack with grenade, not weapons!

Please explain. You mean when rearming, or using. What would determine them choosing tracer ammo ?

Hi,

I assume that if they stock up on tracer ammo,

that's what ultimately they will have to use.

And they would stock up on tracer ammo, because:

maybe list of ammo could be provided to them in config file, and

if some ammo type is first on that list and fits their rifle,

then it would have higher priority for pickup.

I'm sorry if, it's still unclear. It's kind of late here...

tomorrow..

The AI is taking whatever magazines they can find and are compatible for their weapons, including tracer mags.

Magazine compatibility is determined automatically, I don't see why it should be externalized, it would just break mod support.

Nvm then.

I was thinking about situation,when AI comes up to the crate full of ammo.

If there was a way, for It to choose tracer mag, over non tracer.

thanks for your answers

Maybe allow to have a variable (possibly unit specific) that sets mag priority, so it will always pick the highest priority mag from the list, and only go for random compatible mags if there aren't any "priority" mags available? That way you'll keep mod compatibility, because if a crate doesn't have tracers but has some new mags from some mod they will be picked up anyway.

Of course making tracers a priority by default is quite silly and unrealistic, but a mission-specific option can't hurt I suppose.

Well, to repeat my initial question about this: under which conditions should AI prefer picking up tracer mags ?

It just seems to me that adding the code for this feature, that will always run in the background, for very rare instances where this could ever be useful, does not seem worth the extra load.

Hey, Robalo,

Can AI use nearby empty static weapons(including vechicle empty weapons)?

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Hey, Robalo,

Can AI use nearby empty static weapons(including vechicle empty weapons)?

I did not add this feature, perhaps I will, gotta think about it.

So now that BIS fixed that 2 years old bug with AI skill not affecting their precision will you tweak the recommended settings for ASR AI?

I've noticed that AI seems to be much less precise now in comparison with the same settings pre 83500.

Probably. Next update will be tested with latest beta changes.

Hi Robalo,

Thanks for this addon, it's great. Just one question:

Should units only be able to re-arm if their currect waypoint is set to Careless or Safe? If yes, then how do you suggest this works in a big battle where the waypoints are set usually higher than that and they really need the re-arm facility?

I've tested it and my AI troops ignore weapon and ammo crates unless their current waypoint is a lower than 'aware'.

I'm using 1.9

Cheers

Gadget

Hi Robalo,

Thanks for this addon, it's great. Just one question:

Should units only be able to re-arm if their currect waypoint is set to Careless or Safe? If yes, then how do you suggest this works in a big battle where the waypoints are set usually higher than that and they really need the re-arm facility?

I've tested it and my AI troops ignore weapon and ammo crates unless their current waypoint is a lower than 'aware'.

I'm using 1.9

Cheers

Gadget

Rearming works with AWARE mode. If not, there's something else that prevents it. The general rule is they should not rearm if they're busy, in COMBAT mode rearming is limited to the primary weapon so they won't run for scavenging when they should be fighting.

Rearming works with AWARE mode. If not, there's something else that prevents it. The general rule is they should not rearm if they're busy, in COMBAT mode rearming is limited to the primary weapon so they won't run for scavenging when they should be fighting.

hopping on this topic. In the event when AI runs out of ammo during combat and enemies are around (still in danger mode). The only way to get the AI rearm is to manually order via action manual ?

If they run out of ammo even in DANGER more they should get ammo or a new weapon. Here's the function that checks all the conditions - if it returns true they will be allowed to rearm:

//#define DEBUG_MODE_FULL
#include "script_component.hpp"
if (GVAR(run) == 0) exitWith {false}; // suspended globally
if (_this call FNCMAIN(isUnc)) exitWith {false}; // dead or unconscious
if (currentCommand _this != "") exitWith {false}; // doing something
if (vehicle _this != _this) exitWith {false}; // in a vehicle
if (captive _this) exitWith {false}; // captive
if (isHidden _this) exitWith {false}; // hiding
if (_this getVariable [QGVAR(pause), 0] == 1) exitWith {false}; // individually suspended

private "_free";
_free = switch (behaviour _this) do {
case "STEALTH": {false};
case "COMBAT": {_this ammo (primaryWeapon _this) == 0};
default {true};
};
//TRACE_2("NOTBUSY",_this,_free);
_free