Latest Zeus AI is only 100 KBytes (and even less before that), it physically can't contain custom sound files. I've been using Zeus since very much its beginning and it never had any AI chatter.

Maybe that is lite, but mine is almost a meg, and as I have told you, it -does- have chatter, it -is- part of a Zeus package specifically for ACE, I know how to check my loaded mods, nothing extra has ever shown up. Having over 70 mods you'd think I might know what I'm on about.

Anyways you're hard of hearing and think you got all the answers so I'm done with this debate, flooding this good man's forums with pointless bickering. If your Zeus doesn't chatter, you don't got the full package for ace, all I need to say.

I have no plans for adding AI chatter, there are enough good addons for this out there already.

Any good ones you think might do as I described? As I said I tried RUG_DSAI but that was a long time ago. We really like the idle chatter, standing around in their safe setting randomly saying stuff like vodka, is quite amusing. Zeus is quite outdated now just looking to replace it without LOOSING features.

Edited by Kevaskous

I'm done with this debate, flooding this good man's forums with pointless bickering.
Any good ones you think might do as I described? As I said I tried RUG_DSAI but that was a long time ago. We really like the idle chatter, standing around in their safe setting randomly saying stuff like vodka, is quite amusing. Zeus is quite outdated now just looking to replace it without LOOSING features.
You could say your flooding this good mans forum with off topic thing to do with other mods, there is no AI chatter in this mod and you also know about all the others as your aware of them, what can Robalo actually say that you aren't aware of already with AI chatter? You know the options, try them or forum search. Edited by mrcash2009

I find the ACE one a bit limited in vocabulary terms. If you use DAC to create your missions, the units it spawns will talk AFAIK.

I find the ACE one a bit limited in vocabulary terms. If you use DAC to create your missions, the units it spawns will talk AFAIK.

Can't use DAC with things like MCC and VTS which we mainly use thanks for the suggestion though.

Maybe that is lite

There's no "lite" Zeus. And there is no "official" ACE version of Zeus. Zeus never ever contained AI chatter.

You just have some additional module in your Zeus mod folder. Maybe someone gave you Zeus with DAC/SarKrik/DSAI already put into the same folder.

Check Zeus folder and see for yourself. Anything that doesn't start with zeu_ isn't a part of the mod.

So you can just put it into ASR folder and have AI chatter just as easily (IIRC only DSAI had laughter so it's most likely this one)

Edited by metalcraze

Made me go check, there's Zeus_AI and then there's Zeus_AI_ACE. I briefly checked the addons in both and did not see anything for AI talk in there.

Can you please move this Zeus AI discussion to the Zeus thread, thanks.

So far I used RUG_DSAI until ACE added the AI talk module. Since I always play with ACE it then became somewhat redundant and an addon I could live without.

I recently reinstalled RUG_DSAI though and quite enjoyed it, apart from a few bugs which I will probably talk to Wolfrug about soon.

There's no "lite" Zeus. And there is no "official" ACE version of Zeus. Zeus never ever contained AI chatter.

You just have some additional module in your Zeus mod folder. Maybe someone gave you Zeus with DAC/SarKrik/DSAI already put into the same folder.

Check Zeus folder and see for yourself. Anything that doesn't start with zeu_ isn't a part of the mod.

So you can just put it into ASR folder and have AI chatter just as easily (IIRC only DSAI had laughter so it's most likely this one)

All modules say Zeu.

Made me go check, there's Zeus_AI and then there's Zeus_AI_ACE. I briefly checked the addons in both and did not see anything for AI talk in there.

Can you please move this Zeus AI discussion to the Zeus thread, thanks.

So far I used RUG_DSAI until ACE added the AI talk module. Since I always play with ACE it then became somewhat redundant and an addon I could live without.

I recently reinstalled RUG_DSAI though and quite enjoyed it, apart from a few bugs which I will probably talk to Wolfrug about soon.

thanks for the info man and sorry for the thread hijaking.

Hey Rob, thanx for the update, working like a charm.

Since switching to 1.11 and CBA 0.7.9 (which is required) I get a lot of the following errors in my RPT:

Error in expression <
if (_isMan) then { if !(_slx_xeh_unit in SLX_XEH_INIT_MEN) then { SLX_XEH_INIT>
 Error position: <in SLX_XEH_INIT_MEN) then { SLX_XEH_INIT>
 Error Generic error in expression
File extended_eventhandlers\fnc_init.sqf, line 69 

When I say a lot I mean my RPT gets flooded; like 17,000 lines of errors in a 4 hour Warfare scenario. Subtracting the usual amount of 2,000 or 3,000 the rest is your's :D. Well, I'm not really sure though if they are your's or more like Sickboy's. I noticed, that those errors don't occur at first, only after some time (like 1 or 2 hours) into the mission.

Thanx for looking in to it. If you want me to, i'll post this also in the CBA thread. Arma version is beta build 84686.

Guess Who:

I haven't seen that error yet but it looks like a CBA issue at first glance.

Please open a ticket at CBA here with full details and the rpt file.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Looks to me that's to do with "SLX" than this mod? Tried it without SLX loaded?

No, that's actually code from CBA. It looks like SLX_XEH_INIT_MEN is not initialized there for some reason.

Guess Who:

I haven't seen that error yet but it looks like a CBA issue at first glance.

Please open a ticket at CBA here with full details and the rpt file.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

No, that's actually code from CBA. It looks like SLX_XEH_INIT_MEN is not initialized there for some reason.

Hello Rob,

I'm at work right now and I don't have an account at dev-heaven. Can you forward this to Sickboy and I'll try to provide the missing information later.

Thanx.

That's most probably an issue only in conjunction with certain 3rd party addons.

Without details the report is useless, once possible, please create a DH account and create a ticket with clean rpt file (delete rpt, start game, start mission, confirm messages in rpt, close game, attach rpt).

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/issues/new

Edited by Sickboy

That's most probably an issue only in conjunction with certain 3rd party addons.

Without details the report is useless, once possible, please create a DH account and create a ticket with clean rpt file (delete rpt, start game, start mission, confirm messages in rpt, close game, attach rpt).

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/issues/new

Hey Sickboy, just created an account at dev-heaven. I'll create a ticket as soon as the account is confirmed.

Thanx.

--------------------------

Ticket created: Bug #24904: SLX_XEH_INIT_MEN is not initialized with ASR_AI version 1.11

Edited by Guess Who
Ticket created at dev-heaven

asr_sys_ai_skills is breaking some weapon inheritances in add-on weapons.

Various default weapons have this added to their configs under :

class Burst : Single {
burst = "3 + round random 5";
showtoplayer = false;

I think I see what you're trying to do there, but when I use Robert Hammer's M4 package, which inherits details of the default weapons' fire modes, I end up with a semi-auto M4. This might be an issue in other add-on weapons, too. :(

Any chance you could rethink this portion of your mod to maintain the inheritances? At least for the M4A1. If not, it's cool, I can adjust it privately. Thanks for all the effort you've put in so far. :cool:

Edited by BigMorgan

Hey BigMorgan,

There is only once I have this:

class Burst : Single {

under class M4A1_AIM_SD_camo

This is a new class, so the inheritance is not broken and it's done this way to get the correct sound for that burst mode (which in this case is actually the AI shooting short bursts of auto).

After looking at RH's M4 configs, I don't see how they would be affected by this. Perhaps you can point me to the conflicting addon config bit.

Thanks

EDIT: I see what you mean, class Burst for the RH M4 needs these: burst = 3; showToPlayer = 1; I'll look into it.

Edited by Robalo

I also noticed similar code under some of the G36 entries. Haven't actually seen any issue with them, but it might still cause some issue.

The "easiest" fix for me, right now, is probably to make a quick edit of the weapons mods that object to make them dependent on your mod; however just thought you may want to be aware of this for other users. :)

If you go that way, you don't need to add a dependency, just add those parameters for the burst mode as in my prev. post.

Hi,

I am using ASR AI skill & AI First Aid Support modes with arma2 OA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12105&highlight=ASR

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13841&highlight=DAPMAN

which are really nice mods, thanks.

But when one of my team guy gets wounded, he will crawl no matter what toward the objective. Even a HALT order doesn't do any good. He keeps crawling most of the time toward his death. Could you improve that ?

Another possible improvement, but this seems pretty tough, is a better ability of the AI to take cover. Most of the time my guys get killed trying to fire from the middle of the street.

Keep the terrific work, thanks !

Chris.

Hi Chris,

I need to understand this better first:

Hi,

I am using ASR AI skill & AI First Aid Support modes with arma2 OA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12105&highlight=ASR

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13841&highlight=DAPMAN

which are really nice mods, thanks.

But when one of my team guy gets wounded, he will crawl no matter what toward the objective. Even a HALT order doesn't do any good. He keeps crawling most of the time toward his death. Could you improve that ?

- What is the expected behaviour ?

- Where is the unit crawling to exactly ?

- Does it happen with only one of the mods loaded ?

Another possible improvement, but this seems pretty tough, is a better ability of the AI to take cover. Most of the time my guys get killed trying to fire from the middle of the street.

Keep the terrific work, thanks !

Chris.

This is one for BIS to improve, IMO, it's not too bad since Arma 2 and trying to override it with scripting might cause more issues than good.

Thanks

Robaldo,

Is it possible to increase the likely hood of moving to cover in buildings. I have noticed that they will use trees and walls etc which is fantastic, allowing us to at last suppress an enemy realistically. However they rarely seem to move into buildings.

Edited by UGLY58

Robaldo,

Is it possible to increase the likely hood of moving to cover in buildings. I have noticed that they will use trees and walls etc which is fantastic, allowing us to at last suppress an enemy realistically. However they rarely seem to move into buildings.

yes I vote on this, this is really missing with current AI!