Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

...I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

That is probably the best thrill you'll get out of this game.

Here's something...just for the fun of it :D

Link to a thread on the "other side"

5 pages full of fail, really, how twist your mind have to be inorder to like Operation Facepalm Dumbass Rumbling (or should i say OFPDR? :D )to that level?

you do realize nothing was drawn past like 500 meters in a suitable detail?

32km viewdistance of the most low res textures and the crappiest mesh around.

Boo

Yeah I know, but it did look okay apart from the awful colour design and 3D cartoon looks. I wish ArmA2 could render a super-low-detail 32km on top of the current.

Awesome. We can enjoy dancing on its grave once again. :D

What about pooping ?

That thread on the codemasters forum is like watching a herd of Lemmings. Everyone is really really excited and blindly marching towards the cliff face...

That thread on the codemasters forum is like watching a herd of Lemmings. Everyone is really really excited and blindly marching towards the cliff face...

I am genuinely lol'ing.

On a much lesser scale of course, but it makes you realise why this world is so retarded.

I won't be getting involved in any posting on their forums this time, I'll just watch and enjoy.

Operation Flashpoint Lonely Island 3 would be better name tbh.

Story goes like:

"In OPF:LI3 will allow the player to experience the traumatic effects of the events of Dragon Rising. Psychological issues like feeling lonely on a patrol, repairing flat tires on hummvees and guarding a small valley against invading wild boars and other dangers will put the player under massive stress not to press the 'aboard mission' button.

Also: Lonely Island 3 will feature 200 archievements: can you find all 200 red exploding barrels [tm] within 48 hours?

That and more! PRE ORDER NOOOOOWWWW! :D :D :D

Operation Flashpoint DragonRising2 will be called "Operation BarrowShed" and will accurately simulate the maintenance of an allotment in an occupied country.

NEW FEATURES:

Realisitically intelligent insects

Ever present danger of slug attacks

Potato Blight

Compete online to see who can grow the biggest cabbages...

From CM thread:

In the ArmA II editor you CANNOT use scripts

FPDR

/\ lol

I wonder if the BIS dev's secretly posted on the CM forums i would of lol

I also wonder how it feels beating a multimillion pound company, and then watching them walk the same path to faildomland

Opens up bet365 and makes a bet:

Chances of OFP3 flunking: 1000:1, oh how I'm full of optimism.

Best reply ever on the CM forums.

From CM thread:

FPDR

What a CF in there....

Where exactly is that from?

so they are really gonna do it huh?

for fairness sake we should withhold our hate until at least the first pre-renders are released :p

who knows, maybe they have seen the light, and mended their ways? perhaps building the whole game from scratch will allow them to recreate bugs shortcoming and faults all over again. ... eerr i mean "learn from past mistakes".

maybe the game will truly shine and become the standard by which all future games are measured

i wouldn't hold my breath though

OFPDR

Maybe they consider their console sales of DR a success. Maybe they'll try to build on that, rather than compete directly with ArmA on the PC. In the end (after the 16 some odd development reboots- how ever many there were), I don't think the PC was the primary platform for DR. On the console, at least some of their marketing propaganda may be true.

Infantry did some nice things in DR such as stack doors; enter house/use windows by default; AT soldiers generally fired upon armor sighting; and stay oriented to threats. Other than that, the game needed a serious overhaul:

-Entity limits

-Stupid dispersion shields

-AI driving that made OA look like Andretti

-Editor: No animations; dialogues etc...

-Depressingly monotonous land

-support

-etc...

Oh, and the Jean Luc smiley is killing kittens :eek:

Please stop...

While all the mindless masses of DR's limited fanbase are led into yet another cash-grab at the expense of a great name, I'll be watching from the sidelines as the process repeats itself once more.

While all the mindless masses of DR's limited fanbase are led into yet another cash-grab at the expense of a great name, I'll be watching from the sidelines as the process repeats itself once more.

No offence, but this works just as well for the Arma community. And like BIS I think the developers at Codemasters have the full right to feed their families.

The sole fact that Piccard is an official emoticon on this board should fully make everyone aware of how mindless this community has become as well . I also await replies proving my point.

As with the last title I fully look forward to Failpoint 2 , because:

• BIS implements features properly that CM attempted to
  • Wolle and Placebo get an easy job managing drooling fanboys that scream 'DR!! LOL!!' everytime someone tries to point out bugs or flaws in this game
  • When DR2 fails BIS gets a lot more customers
  • As the customers have very low standards as proven by the current community , BIS gets an very easy job pleasing them. "Uhhh.. British gusn!! SHINY!! Here you have 50 euros please!! Love BIS!!! :yay:"

I am still very pissed off that they get to use the name of the best game ever made tho. At least BIS has the courtesy to rename their mainstream version of OFP.

Edited by lwlooz

The sole fact that Piccard is an official emoticon on this board should fully make everyone aware of how mindless this community has become as well . I also await replies proving my point.

I'm sure the moderators could easily flip a switch and revert back to the dealing-with-the-ArmA-release-fallout mode if you really want them to. Have a look at posts circa 2006 for examples. The community's simply become more light-hearted. Sorry if that's not what you like. ;)

FPDR

• As the customers have very low standards as proven by the current community , BIS gets an very easy job pleasing them. "Uhhh.. British gusn!! SHINY!! Here you have 50 euros please!! Love BIS!!! :yay:"

First, the DLC for OA costs $10. Second, you obviously haven't read the feature list, or have chosen to ignore the other features. I'm not going to link it here because it's not exactly hard to find.

At least BIS has the courtesy to rename their mainstream version of OFP.

Ah right, because ArmA, Arma 2 and OA, with all their new improvements and features, have made the game more mainstream than OFP. :rolleyes:

Comparation

Operation Flashpoint > Operation Failure 2: Failure Rising

Armed Assault 1 > Operation Failure 2: Failure Rising

Armed Assault 2 > Operation Failure 2: Failure Rising

Armed Assault 2 OA > Operation Failure 2: Failure Rising

Operation Failure 2: Failure Raising AI:

funny-pictures-cat-mouse-fail.jpg

FPDR

Edited by Royal-Killer

TemplarGFX from the codies forum is making false promisses,

"I cannot wait for the sequal, it is going to be an amazing game, I have no doubts. What little I know about the title is all amazing" -TemplarGFX

FPDR

False hype is False

Source post 28 http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/420746-operation-flashpoint-sequel-under-development-3.html

Edited by Flash Thunder

FPDR FPDR FPDR FPDR

Original post PWND.