Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

CM has announced the development of the Ego Engine 2, probably in light of the limitations of the first one.

CM has announced the development of the Ego Engine 2, probably in light of the limitations of the first one.

Aka, they added one useless feature, and called it Ego 2.

// Entity* entityArray = new Entity[64]; // EGO 1.0
Entity *entityArray = new Entity[96]; // EGO 2.0

Object draw distance increased to 750m!

Can't wait for round 2 of liemasters: Operation Failpoint 3

I'm going to enjoy the circus show that awaits

Is it just me or is it some what childish to throw stones, point fingers and poke your tounge at someone with both thumbs in your ears, i understand the history... but, dont real men move in silence?

Im probably just old and old school as they say.

Is it just me or is it some what childish to throw stones, point fingers and poke your tounge at someone with both thumbs in your ears, i understand the history... but, dont real men move in silence?

Im probably just old and old school as they say.

Before the first DR was released I probably would have agreed with you, but the fact that they've announced a successor to that steaming turd is nothing more than a joke. So you really can't fault people for treating it as such.

Well from what ive learnt in life, when you start openly disrespecting the opposition (if thats what they are) then the opposition have won... if i was on the DR team i would come here and read these comments for inspiration, id print them out and put them all around my work area.

But hey, far be it from me to be all moralistic, so ill get off my high horse and back to my cave and continue to try and figure out addWaypoint!?

Aka, they added one useless feature, and called it Ego 2.

You never know... Ego being their engine for many games, it would make sense for them to invest a significant amount of resources into new features to make it future proof and be able to use it for everything.

I'm pretty sure CM developpers are more than aware of the limitations they ran into when developping Dragon Rising : Entity count and draw distance, 4 square km mp tether, units draw distance, physics etc...

No offence, but this works just as well for the Arma community. And like BIS I think the developers at Codemasters have the full right to feed their families.

The sole fact that Piccard is an official emoticon on this board should fully make everyone aware of how mindless this community has become as well . I also await replies proving my point.

As with the last title I fully look forward to Failpoint 2 , because:

• BIS implements features properly that CM attempted to
  • Wolle and Placebo get an easy job managing drooling fanboys that scream 'DR!! LOL!!' everytime someone tries to point out bugs or flaws in this game
  • When DR2 fails BIS gets a lot more customers
  • As the customers have very low standards as proven by the current community , BIS gets an very easy job pleasing them. "Uhhh.. British gusn!! SHINY!! Here you have 50 euros please!! Love BIS!!! :yay:"

I am still very pissed off that they get to use the name of the best game ever made tho. At least BIS has the courtesy to rename their mainstream version of OFP.

The council of BIS Forum elders requests you to leave our village and thou shall not return!

---

On Topic:

I played the demo ofp that so called Dragon Rising and that alone told me that it wasnt even worth the 2,50Eur deal on Steam ...

If they base it on the same engine my hopes are already very very low to this new game being good, BIS has proven themself and from a rather dissapointing -yet still miles above DR- ArmA1 they moved to a lot lot better and more OFP worthy ArmA2 and now to a really excellent Operation Arrowhead that is a must have like Resistance was back then.

Edited by Shadow NX

dont real men move in silence?

What an interesting discussion forum it would be if everyone on it was a 'real man'.

dragon rising was also a commercial success for codemasters, reaching the top five of the uk all formats chart.

... FPDR

:j:

You'd have to be an immense retard to buy this one.

Long before Dragon Failing was released, we warned everybody about that piece of shit, fully knowing that Codemasters would rape the OFP name.

Then it came out, and not only did it turn out to be an epic failure as most OFP fans predicted, but they also dropped support after 4 months. Nice...

Probably no one plays the game even more, but I bet some of those crazy fanboys (in their infinite naivety) will give Codemaggots a second chance. That is Stockholm Syndrome, right there.

I was really, really hoping that they would give up trying to make "tactical shooters" after DR but I guess I should have expected this. And they still have the nerve to call it Operation Flashpoint. OFP3 even! As if DR was a sequal.

Stuff like this makes me rage.

FPDR

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn

... FPDR

let me add to this quote that you quoted good sir.

FPDRFPDRFPDR

TOP sales in UK LOL QUE Cooked books I smell.

OF: Red River what a stupid name!

PS: Surprising its coming out for PC everybody do the wave with me!!

NOT!

@Max Power

LMAO

Operation Flashpoint: Red River.

FPDR

The name Dragon Rising was easy enough to make fun of. I've not seen such a not-thought-through name since Call of Duty 3: Big Red One. :rolleyes:

What an interesting discussion forum it would be if everyone on it was a 'real man'.

True, seems to be for 'kids'

So did you see what I typed? Im a real man :j:

Seems you missed my meaning, but i guess thats understandable.

Ok, I'm slowly starting to regret 'introducing' that smiley here :D

"Red River", huh.

That has a strong "let's copy MW2 storyline" stench to it.. FPDR

If liemasters did somehow manage to make OFP3 a good game id'e still not buy it. And the OFP4 game that comes out 1 year later.

They lied and ripped people off

Never again means never again from me.

And i know what liemasters treat there community like.

They will make the OFP3 videos look so cool and get everyone excites then just like in Dragon Failure u will get nothing good in a game.

Then u will recieve 2 patches in a year that fix nothing and the mods will ban you for been an angry customer.