Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Guys, mods at CM forums have already started banning anyone who mentions the last game or even questions their motives on their forums

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/6340400-post119.html

Its gonna be one big circle-jerk fest

Do you think a user registering on this forum here using a name like "BIS are liars" would stay for long?

Although i admit that over at CM forum they're very rude with the banhammer, in this case it isn't really a surprise.

OFP 3 by CM

buahahahahahahahaha

it is all i can say and go to water closet

I wish that BIS had the rights to the OFP name originally, I mean if you look at what were all coming from and now play OFP to Arma, to Arma 2 ect..

It should have been OFP to OFP2, to OFP3, or expansions to OFP2, like in OFP, and then OFP2 ect.,

I think in one way CM has hurt BIS by the use of the OFP name by creating a game that we all know could have at least run parallel in performance gameplay with possibly Arma2 but it totally failed.

I dont support OFP DR at all I bought the game when it came out and was totally dissapointed and just basically screwed by it, and have not played it since that day, and dont plan to.

CM should have let BIS have the name, i think they tainted the OFP name with their horseshit version, and now instead of patching the game and coming out with expansions like the original OFP did their coming out with a supposedly "new" version of OFP.

Different time period of gaming if you think about it, games in 2001 are alot different then they are now.

is CM made of wood ?

burn it , burn it !!!

BI have a better name under their sleeve that never been use;)

P.S. Oh, and there are people who do notice our forum, guess there was a lot to spy on us:p

Edited by 4 IN 1

"Oh look! Someone tells the truth, call him a troll and ban him! Hurrr." FPDR

Sad to see that they didn't fire that tool Sion Lemon.

So you welcome constructive criticism, eh? Well, here it is: give the OFP name back to BIS, quit trying to make tactical shooters (because you fail at the genre anyway) and apologize to BIS and the OFP / ArmA fanbase.

It's unbelievable... Codemaggots screwed over the few people who played DR, and still the players actually believe that the sequel will be any good? How many lousy sequels will it take before they realize it's not going to be any better?

It's like CM kicks the fanboys in the balls. The fanboys hope CM will stop and treat them nicely. But CM won't. CM will continue to kick them in the balls and get away with it, because they know their fans pretend to like it anyway.

I have not a single ounce of respect for CM, because respect should be earned. And after what CM has done, they most certainly do not deserve any respect at all.

Nice... Since that you mentioned Sion Lenton, he is now jumping up saying hello to everyone as if notthing have ever happened FPDR

We'll do Q&A's, but not for a little while. We talked about features we wanted to make it into the final game that in the end didn't make it. This time, anything we say can be guaranteed to be in the game.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-consoles-1312/420735-new-operation-flashpoint-coming-codemasters-11.html

I like that line, maybe its turning out good?

I have my doubts.

A World First preview of Operation Flashpoint: Red River is contained in the pages of the all-new Official Xbox Magazine - and the publication is impressed with what it's seen.

The title's name was outed yesterday by CVG - but very few further details are known, save an approximate 2011 release date.

However, OXM - which is with some subscribers today and in stores next week in the UK - has seen the game, and believes it's a "tighter", "more focused" games than predecessor Dragon Rising.

"Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising was tremendously ambitious, but struggled to deliver," OXM editor Jon Hicks told CVG.

"So we were pleased to see that the sequel is a tighter, more focused game that's nevertheless still striving for a more realistic recreation of warfare."

Dragon Rising got a decent critical reception on its release back in October, 2009 - but some of you had issues with it.

I have the funny feeling that the sequel is going to be "tight" and "focused" in the same way that Rainbow Six Vegas was more "tight" and "focused" than Rogue Spear...

I have the funny feeling that the sequel is going to be "tight" and "focused" in the same way that Rainbow Six Vegas was more "tight" and "focused" than Rogue Spear...

That's being too nice. It'll be more like... how Rainbow Six: Letdown-.. I mean Lockdown was compared to Raven Shield.

Vegas was actually a good game, just not deserving of the Rainbow Six title because it's not even a tiny little bit like the original games. But Lockdown. Gods. :butbut:

A Tight corridor with the enemies focused in front of you :p

Well hopefully it's actually a decent game this time, realistic or not. I really think they should drop the OFP name though, they killed any good image it had with the last game so it sure as hell wont benefit this one.

I haven't played anything after Raven Shield, and I have absolutely no intention of doing so... The concept of those games was simple, yet almost infinitely replayable, and they pissed on it to turn it into another boring console FPS, sigh...

Well hopefully it's actually a decent game this time, realistic or not. I really think they should drop the OFP name though, they killed any good image it had with the last game so it sure as hell wont benefit this one.

Yeah. I mean, after raping, beating and spitting on the franchise, turning into a hollow, broken shell in the eyes of almost everyone, why would they stick with the name again? It's like intentionally asking to need a twice as expensive PR campaign as last time, just to clean the broken, dirty name and not make people nauseous at the mere sight of it.

Would be more sensible in my eyes to drop a franchise with such a (now) terrible reputation and simply call the game 'Red River' or whatever.

Edited by Inkompetent

You say tighter and more focussed, and I say reduced scope. The problem wasn't that the first one was too diffuse. The problem was that it had major design flaws.... like ground floor, should have been exed off of the white board during planning design flaws.

"Red River"...

"Tighter"...

So far I'm liking CM giving us a pool of puns to use. :p

I wouldn't want them to give BIS back the OFP name. It's garnered a bad reputation from modern gamers thanks to DR. As much as that may royally suck, they can stick with their own bad reputation as they deserve it.

Just look at their sticked topic :j:

Your Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising Experiences (Positive ones)

FPDR

We'll do Q&A's, but not for a little while. We talked about features we wanted to make it into the final game that in the end didn't make it. This time, anything we say can be guaranteed to be in the game.

Oh yeah our last genre defining, ground breaking, messiah returning game turned out to be crap, but the next one will be ok i promise :yay:

FPDRFPDR

Red River +

Devs are actually talking now saying things like, AEIOU

Helios assured everyone with "WORDS" that RR will not have any uber features cut out

There marketing department is smart by deploying the ultimatum, TemplarGFX as some kind of re-assurance to CM's BS and empty claims.

So CM seems really dedicated to making Red River on a scale "never before seen" and truely better than Dragon rising.

Let the good times roll!

Helios assured everyone with "WORDS" that RR will not have any uber features cut out

So CM seems really dedicated to making Red River on a scale "never before seen" and truely better than Dragon rising.

Does anyone else see the problem here? =P

No doubt that Red River will be better than Dragon raising. Or do you think it could get worse? ;)

Maybe they should subtitle it instead of Red River simply...

OFP3 : Menstruation

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/operation-flashpoint-3/news/operation_flashpoint_3,46341,2316579.html

A quick free translation:

Operation Flashpoint 3 - Codemaster is working on the sequel of Dragon Rising

War goes on in Operation Flashpoint 3

British publisher CM is working on a new part of the military simulation Operation Flashpoint. The game, which still doesn't have an official name, is the third part of the series.

Codemaster's chief Jamie MacDonald confirmed that OFP3 is being produced in the british studio Guildford. The antecessor Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, which was released in October 2009, also was produced here.

McDonald did not give further details, only that a completely new version of the Ego engine will be used. The graphic engine, programmed by Codemasters itself, is in constant developement.

To voice my opinion with the vocabulary of a standard OFP-DR fanboy:

[13yearoldmode]

"LOLOLOLOLOL ROFLROFLROFL LOLOLOLOL"

[/13yearoldmode]

Well, ill bring popcorn and beer for the launch. It was fun to watch the shitstorm on their forum the first time around, cant wait for the next one! :D

The reappearance of Sion Lentil to the forums is really making me a bit ill. First, he said a lot, then he disappeared. Then one post in 6 months to people crying for help (which needs no introduction, I'm sure), and now he's on the forums throwing about the banter? That's not right.

On the bright side, IF they include dedicated servers and mod support, and spend more time on it (a lot more time) it could turn out pretty decent. Any competition would be good, frankly.

nothing won't help public (customers) of CM

in Polish we have one foreword :

"cure and take medicine for legs, cause for head it is too late"

Maybe they should subtitle it instead of Red River simply...

OFP3 : Menstruation

You bad, bad man! FPDR:D