British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Can BIS actually tell me what i paid for with the DLC... ive seen the update thats available and it comes with low res textures, but essentially, it comes with the BAF, Im confused

:rolleyes:

We have a solid plan to address this problem.

:pc: :ok: :pc:

Edited by ruebe

Really??

Arma 2: British Armed Forces Lite - all units, vehicles and weapons from Arma 2: British Armed Forces are included in this patch with lower quality textures and audio files

Sorry but that's fishy...

So I payed only for High Res Textures 9 Euro?? (I dont care about the campaign)

I think it's a great solution, I don't want low-res textures and I also don't want this additional content I've bought to be a curio I never get to use online simply because other people haven't bothered to get it. Thumbs up here too!

I dont have any problem by spending 9€ to BIS for high textures.. The need all the support there is, because its one the few companies who care to their community and delivers a superb product.. If i had to pay 10€ a month to play this game, no problem at all...!!

For me no loss just pure gain..! :)

I feel a little raped by this. I understand the reasons for why it's been done but I know there are a lot of people who have been eagerly waiting for the BAF download that are now going to feel cheated because the content has been released for free as a surprise bonus for non-baf customers and surprise buttsecks for people who bought it.

I think it's a great solution, I don't want low-res textures and I also don't want this additional content I've bought to be a curio I never get to use online simply because other people haven't bothered to get it. Thumbs up here too!

I also like their solution. I had pre-ordered awhile back and I thank BIS as always!

oh boy, psychology is such a bitch :rolleyes:.

You pay for Arma 2: British Armed Forces and you get Arma 2: British Armed Forces. Nothing more, nothing less. Or did they take anything away from you? Do you miss something that was announced previously to your decision to buy BAF?

Really, the only thing fishy is that attitude of yours. Only because others that didn't buy BAF (yet?) also get something, your BAF doesn't have any less value.

In fact, you get more value, because the chances just skyrocketed, that you may play with your BAF online too.

But nooo, you rather choose thy whine...

again: :rolleyes:

Really??

Arma 2: British Armed Forces Lite - all units, vehicles and weapons from Arma 2: British Armed Forces are included in this patch with lower quality textures and audio files

Check out the pic in the new patch thread. The difference between that and the actual article is huge. BIS included the units so that everyone can at least play together, but you're hardly gonna get any real joy from the low res units.

So quit the fucking whining already.

I think the main issue is not that it's been done but that all the people pre-ordering were not explicitly told that they were only getting a hi-res texture pack and some missions.

The package itself was billed to bring all these features and units to OA for the sum of £8.

The units and features have now been brought to the game for free.

Regardless of their motives, what BIS have done here is encourage people to enter into a contract (pre-order) through misrepresentation of the product.

The update thats available and it comes with low res textures, but essentially, it comes with the BAF, Im confused

Essentially, patch 1.54 offers a preview version of British Armed Forces, alongside fixes, improvements and extensions detailed in the release documentation.

The patch adds BAF objects at placeholder-resolution quality - capped at 64px. For reference: the original Operation Flashpoint commonly uses 256px; Arma 2 textures are capped at 2048px. Audio is sampled to 22KHz; compression quality is minimal.

Fundamentally, this means they can act as proxies during multiplayer sessions, enabling a workable degree of compatibility across the community.

The official DLC provides top-spec quality textures, audio, Crimson Lance, nine standalone missions, and a showcase scenario. Furthermore, Shapur's satellite texture is provided in high-resolution quality.

RiE

Nine single player mission cool.

Still I think it was a good idea.

It's called BAF, I think I'll buy it.

Easily pleased me.

Well i think its a great idea, nobody loses really. Anyone who wants to moan about 8 euro clearly doesnt want the Arma series to continue.

Very smart move, well done on ensuring MP compatibility.

Agreed. Very smart move. This was my one hangup about getting the content, because I want to still be able to play with my cheap friends without having to change servers all the time. Good job BIS, just wish you would've let me know sooner lol. (we already had a plan in place to deal with DLC/non-DLC users by setting up 2 servers)

If only the units were playable, right now it seems some of them are so low quality you can't even aim down their sights properly, completely beating the whole point of this move.

Ive been playing with them while waiting for the DLC to start and they seem fine to me.

If only the units were playable, right now it seems some of them are so low quality you can't even aim down their sights properly, completely beating the whole point of this move.

I doubt this was the point of the whole move, actually. The point is more likely to be to allow you to play alongside people who are using the DLC content - & not to play with the DLC content. Kinda ArmA2s version of how in Company of Heroes you could only play factions that you'd purchased, but you could still play along guys with other factions.

Pathy has it spot on, if you want to play it buy it. If not then you can play other units or put up with what you get for free. I've played them and some are ok, some are a little ugly. I'd still be happy with that tbh.

BAF is live...downloading now

At what speed? I cant even get their download helper thing to work and the direct download is so slow it's silly.

Ugh....the downloader isn't working for me, and by downloading directly I'm getting roughly 5 KB/s. Ouch.

Me too!

:p

Same, but gaaaaaaaaawd is it slooooooow.... :(