British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

But...these are features I already see every day in my warfare sessions...correct?

Yes, but those are written specifically into the mission and not universally available as these new commands now are. You'll now be able to do that without having to write scripts for it.

Judging by what I understood from the Armaholic review, the new engineer features will be somewhat more advanced, like repairing individual components of a vehicle (car tires, helicopter tail rotor etc.). Hopefully they won't be able to magically restore a totalled vehicle to full "health", instead only repairing the most important components to make it operational again.

Edited by MadDogX

Hopefully they won't be able to magically restore a totalled vehicle

Quoted from Dead3yez on the Armaholic forums...

Yeah, the engineer skills work on non BAF units too.

You can disable mines, which just tilts them to the side to let you know that they're disarmed. When you disable a satchel charge you can take it back, however if a different unit placed it then it will just disappear. I have not disabled any IEDs yet.

I tried on helicopters, I think you can repair stuff like broken tail rotors and engines.. But you can't fully repair all the damage. With cars it's stuff like tyres. I might try get a vid on this.

Ah, cool. I guess after reading about repairing broken tail rotors and engines I got so excited that I missed the following couple of sentences. :D

I hate buying content and downloading it, hope Bohemia only makes this one time or DLC's can kiss my ass..

And I kind of don't get why this is released just before PR mod.. I would have no problem if it was just sold on discs, but a small DLC isn't worth the effort.

Edited by RavoC

I hate buying content and downloading it, hope Bohemia only makes this one time or DLC's can kiss my ass..

And I kind of don't get why this is released just before PR mod.. I would have no problem if it was just sold on discs, but a small DLC isn't worth the effort.

Previous page dude..

Previous page dude..

Any knowledge on future DLC's or something? Or if they will later on sell it in a DVD package?

Any knowledge on future DLC's or something? Or if they will later on sell it in a DVD package?

BIS has said that they wish to expand on the Armaverse even more, and if DLC sales proves to be a success, which i personally hope, there might be more.

More discussion on the pro's and con's of DLC should be here.

This is for discussions on the BAF DLC, and not DLC's in general.

Hopefully not overloaded on the first day (26.08), the download server on Sprocket Games.

I can see already the download Speed with ~0.20-0.50 kb/s ! :p :D

Would be nice if they gave those of us who pre-ordered a 12 hour head start! (hint, hint)

Would be nice if they gave those of us who pre-ordered a 12 hour head start! (hint, hint)

Yes that would be great. :D But I do not think.

Ah, cool. I guess after reading about repairing broken tail rotors and engines I got so excited that I missed the following couple of sentences. :D

The idea was to give engineers limited capability, somewhat realistic but still useful and fun for gameplay.

So e.g. tire does not get fully fixed etc.

Technically, it works in a way that every individual damaged component gets fixed by an engineer to only about 65 percent and overall damage of the entity remains unchanged.

This new unit class adds some nice variety to gameplay and as it is fully in-engine it seems to be more robust and polished than scripted solutions.

It's a shame you didn't think to include a British Politician class. They could remove 65% of the kit that the units carry while talking 100% of the bullshit. ;)

On topic though - looking forward to trying out the new kit and features tomorrow.

EDIT: Fuck - it's Tuesday.

Edited by Das Attorney

I don't know if you question has been answered yet but would like some details if at all possible does the new artillery system require scripting or do you just need to place a unit equipped with it or maybe a module ? And will you be able to use the artillery in a support role. ie. can you have the AI use it

This new unit class adds some nice variety to gameplay and as it is fully in-engine it seems to be more robust and polished than scripted solutions.

Will we be able to assign these abilities to other units, say a mechanically trained Delta Operator to repair SOV vehicles in the field perhaps?

The idea was to give engineers limited capability, somewhat realistic but still useful and fun for gameplay.

Technically, it works in a way that every individual damaged component gets fixed by an engineer to only about 65 percent and overall damage of the entity remains unchanged.

Sounds good to me. I would have been disappointed if the engineer was able to apply a magic spanner for ten seconds and the totalled Abrams is as good as new. :)

Will we be able to assign these abilities to other units, say a mechanically trained Delta Operator to repair SOV vehicles in the field perhaps?

I dare say: of course. Just like with the medic, the abilities will surely be determined by a value in the config.

Sounds good to me. I would have been disappointed if the engineer was able to apply a magic spanner for ten seconds and the totalled Abrams is as good as new. :)

And me, a bloke with a magic spanner isnt my idea of realism!

I knew this day would come when you mere mortals would forget about our kind and our magic spanners *Sniff*

Highly agree on the limited part. Well thought out.

New unit class? Doesn't existing OA engineers get this ability? Or at least OA factions get this new class? Or is it strictly limited to BAF (I sure hope not)?

I'm sorry for my dumb question ... but will BAF be only in download version or also on cd we can find in a shop ?

I'm sorry for my dumb question ... but will BAF be only in download version or also on cd we can find in a shop ?

Current plans for BAF put it as D/L only. Sprocket is the most direct way to purchase the content; an account on Steam is another option.

Pretty pictures of Box Art are, however, available.. http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=11605

RiE

There is information on Sprocket Idea about purchasing BAF (digital download - I don't think physical discs are available).

Personally though, I have given up the "physical disk habit" and now buy all of the BIS products through Sprocket Idea. It provides you with an installable archive and activation key you can easily burn to disc for safe keeping and you never need a physical disc to play. Also, you get the product as soon as it's released rather than waiting days or weeks for the physical disc to be mailed.

Edited by KaBoNG
d'oh!

Ordered and awaiting delivery!!

Hope the sprocket servers are upto the job!!

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Oh, question, it says the download will be available on the 26th, exactly what timezone are we talking about on the 26th? Could people download it at 00:01 hrs on the 26th local time (to them)?

Hope that made sense lol.