British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Do we received any sort of special item for preordering BAF? Having said that, I already preordered regardless :p

Do we received any sort of special item for preordering BAF?

Unconfirmed reports suggest the first 500 preorders of BAF will recieve a hand-delivered clipping of the Queen's dog's hair.

With any luck, those are gonna be some cold motherluvin' corgies.

RiE

a bit of topic but here it is as soon it release the Advanced Combined Operations Server will have 3 missions that you can play here the ip address

ip address 217.146.93.132:2332 no password

http://aco-arma.com/

Hi...

Where do I get BAF if I haven't steam. Will it be available on arma2.com where is the "coming soon" image? Don't want to wait any minute longer than nesessary ;-)

Will there be a checkout with paypal or so?

Ok I've seen it. No direct link.

http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-honza.tpl&product_id=37&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

Edited by pestbeule

No, if you've got steam OA or CO, then get steam BAF.

This DLC is available only in English and Czech languages but it is compatible with all language versions of original A2:Operation Arrowhead and A2:Combined Operations.

Do I understand correctly that there won't be any kind of localization (even subtitles) of the mission objectives or cutscene dialogues etc... ?

I'm pretty comfortable with english myself, but not everybody does in the large non-native speaking community.

Just a thought...

15:00 cst = 14:00 bst

Is that right? I thought CEST was 2 hours ahead of UK in the summer?

Is that right? I thought CEST was 2 hours ahead of UK in the summer?

It's correct. CEST is two hours ahead of GMT, but BST (British Summer Time) is GMT+1 itself, so we're just one hour ahead of the UK.

This has always been a source of much confusion, because people tend to use GMT and BST interchangably, although they are not the same.

Yes, I'm looking at you, Charlie Foxtrot admins. ;)

Edited by MadDogX

It's correct. CEST is two hours ahead of GMT, but BST (British Summer Time) is GMT+1 itself, so we're just one hour ahead of the UK.

This has always been a source of much confusion, because people tend to use GMT and BST interchangably, although they are not the same.

Yes, I'm looking at you, Charlie Foxtrot admins. ;)

Aaah dammit. Well thanks for clearing that up :(

according to my steam account the contents are unlocked in 13 hours that makes it nearer 2300 hours tonight :( that's UK time ;)

So 1500 CEST equal to what in zulu?

Zulu, UTC and GMT are all the same thing, I believe. That would make it 1300 Zulu.

according to my steam account the contents are unlocked in 13 hours that makes it nearer 2300 hours tonight :( that's UK time ;)

That's good for Steam, usually you have to wait till after the release date before they get their backsides in gear.

LOL I might just wait and see if Sprocket is a quicker release then

LOL I might just wait and see if Sprocket is a quicker release then

FPDR

Can't use steam with sprocket dlc and vice versa. This has been discussed to death on this very thread already.

ah .......walks away with head under his arm .....

I can wait, it's not like I'm going anywhere fast ......oh wait I am, I'm flying out on leave tomoro yipeeeeeeee.....

I could say I was only checking to see if both were released at the same times....... and bluff my case :p

Zulu, UTC and GMT are all the same thing.

Yep.

5 ch

You can't blame anyone though,

a.) the thread is very long so its easy to miss something

b.) it shows that BIS shouldve announced this more publicly (Steam/Sprocket issues etc)

)rStrangelove;1730229']You can't blame anyone though...

...b.) it shows that BIS shouldve announced this more publicly (Steam/Sprocket issues etc)

Errr I like what you did there :)

Can BIS actually tell me what i paid for with the DLC... ive seen the update thats available and it comes with low res textures, but essentially, it comes with the BAF, Im confused

timezone_map.gif

Hi all, yesterday my friend told me about a really cool thing on the internet... ever heard of google anyone?

You can search your queries on the whoooole internet, just like you can search on the BIS forums!

OA Patch is out, note this little gem:

Arma 2: British Armed Forces Lite - all units, vehicles and weapons from Arma 2: British Armed Forces are included in this patch with lower quality textures and audio files.

Thread discussing it here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=106248

Edited by El_MUERkO

Lol u gotta be kiddin.:eek2:

Anyway I'm still going to buy it of course.

edit: Well BAF is 400 MB, this one is only 189. Yea the low-res tex look super bad. :D

Edited by ziiip