Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

how is it cowmilking to release work, and ask for you to pay if you want to use it? Especially for a small company that produces such top notch work as BIS? it seems pretty damn reasonable to me. As someone earlier stated, A3 is a long ways off. So everyone in the BI dev team is supposed to just join the bread line until they can give us an entire new game? I think that the British forces will be good, and definately worth the 9.99 USD. And note: I am buying this to support BI. I will still be using some of STALKERGB's stuff because I like to support the modders, and AFAIK, the BI thing wont be an entire british armed forces. I think everyone needs to just chill out. Last time i checked, people didnt complain nearly this much when COD released map packs with maps that were less than 1/4 of a click.

and the ultimate argument that is always brought up: nobody is forcing you to buy the DLC. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Just don't be sad when the civie sector of BIS goes out of business.

this wasnt particullarly aimed at you nocturna, i see what you are saying, im just sick of all the 'Hate on BIS for trying to make money to put food on the table' comments

Dont get me wrong, im not a BIS hater, i play arma 2 almost everyday and i love it =) I might even end up buying the DLCs, im just disappointed that BIS is trying to make money and wasting resources with such small addons while there are bugs that havent been fixed since the game came out, plus the AI is still so bad that i even avoid talking about it. There are many, many things can and MUST be improved in arma2

Thats very selfish and rude.

How is wanting a game i love to be in a much better state than it is selfish ? anyone that cares about this game would choose that over halfassed addons. And im sorry if i sound rude, but like i said, im not a hater.

The game isnt broken..

Only someone completely clueless would say that, either you dont play arma 2 or you're just a silly fanboy.

Edited by nocturna

I might even end up buying the DLCs, im just disappointed that BIS is trying to make money and wasting resources with such small addons while there are bugs that havent been fixed since the game came out, plus the AI is still so bad that i even avoid talking about it.

Dude, it has been mentioned hundreds of times. The guys creating on the DLC are not the same guys working on the patches, fixes and improvements. :rolleyes: So instead of kicking them out because Arrowhead is finished they got new projects.

How is wanting a game i love to be in a much better state than it is selfish ? anyone that cares about this game would choose that over halfassed addons. And im sorry if i sound rude, but like i said, im not a hater.

The game is not in such a bad state anymore, Arrowhead worked right out of the box.. also if you havent noticed support hasnt stoped yet.

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Perhaps you havent considered that this long term comitment to support the game comes with a price.. to BIS.

My sugestion stands, if you're not interested in future official content, units, campaigns, etc dont post here.

Thank you :) .

the OPFOR need some lovin too! screw more BLUFOR stuff

a russian/tak campaign, new troops (Russians are famous for having uncountable variations in camo, gear and weaponry :P), weapons vics, what ever.

maybe a new mini expansion with a new scenario thats something like Sri lanka, or African conflicts...

just not more BLU...

Yes please, I'd like to see some more Opfor stuff.

im just disappointed that BIS is trying to make money and wasting resources with such small addons while there are bugs that havent been fixed since the game came out, plus the AI is still so bad that i even avoid talking about it. There are many, many things can and MUST be improved in arma2

I think DM has since given up posting this millions of times because no one seems to understand, so I'll fill his shoes for the time being:

The people working on the DLC are not the same people working on fixes for either Arma 2 or OA, and never have been. They're being developed by a separate sub-studio of BIS, and have been in development since before OA's release.

I think it's simply wishful thinking to wonder if this is the last time this will have to be explained to those who are uninformed...

Only someone completely clueless would say that, either you dont play arma 2 or you're just a silly fanboy.

The word broken implies that the game doesn't work at all. I can play the game just fine with very few issues, as can many others, therefore it is not broken. It has issues and/or bugs. Your choice of words is wrong in this regard.

"Broken" is quite subjective you know... :) Surely we all agree that a 3D modeller/texture designer won't do changes to the code, but I guess everyone would have a reasonable chance to fix the content problems of the current game - especially the configs that fail (rucks not packing right, misaligned sights, glowing textures etc). You don't need to be a programmer to do this sort of thing. I.e. the visible stripe/edge on the smoke artillery in Arma2 was never fixed afaik. That's most definitely content. Not bad enough to be game breaking, but bad enough to be reluctant to using the feature.

I'd like to see a DLC with new german stuff in addition to the ones in oa and the bwmod. Maybe BI can make some vehicles or planes the community is not working at. Some nice german stuff could be:

Cars/wheeled vehicles:

Eagle IV

Serval

Wolf MSA/MSS/SSA

GTK Boxer

Tracked vehicles:

PzH 2000

Wiesel 2

Planes:

Tornado

Eurofighter

Airbus A400M (would also be interesting for some other european countrys.)

Or an US. Air Force DLC with some planes, which have never been there in this game. B1, B2, C17, F22, F18, Awacs and so on.

Cars/wheeled vehicles:

Eagle IV

Serval

Wolf MSA/MSS/SSA

GTK Boxer

Tracked vehicles:

PzH 2000

Wiesel 2

Planes:

Tornado

Eurofighter

Airbus A400M (would also be interesting for some other european countrys.)

Dont forget the Leopard 2!!!!

Dont forget the Leopard 2!!!!

Many mods already have it. P85, BWMod, PRACS, and others have different versions of the Leo, including the Leo 2.

I just dont feel like downloading any of them ;) I will take a look at the BWmod though.

I'd like to see the complete OFP and ArmA 1 content officially ported to ArmA 2 OA, supporting all the latest game features (not just a blind port.) Plus more civilians.

Flight suit Force Recon Marines (In Tan & OD) DLC is all I want and need :pray:

I would LOVE to have working IED's.

use a satchel, a claymore, or an m2.

could change the models if they bother you

use a satchel, a claymore, or an m2.

could change the models if they bother you

That's the problem, that requires an AddOn on client/server for something that should be part of the core game if it's going to represent modern day combat.

VBS 2 includes a wonderful IED module. There's no reason they couldn't replicate and introduce the same into ArmA2. That would definitely be a nice addition to any DLC pack.

It will be nice if BIS reedit Sahrani island for arma2, with new building, new vegetation, better terrain.

I love this island so much

a 20+ full co-op mission campaign :)...Like goold old Operation flashpoint.

This would be more than great. Also more diffrent objects e.g. bigger and smaller trenches, walls, fortifications, small wooded stairways (to build complex fortifications by self in editor) and wooden floor pieces (like 1x1m^2).

Surely this is just an addon request thread? :D

I'd like core-engine modifications to allow cqb and possibility of reflections and render-to texture, I just reinstalled starwars battlefront yesterday for a little play-around and saw that even that had reflections on the water-surface :oh: something tells me I'll have to wait for ARMA 7 [patch 1.03 with beta 123] for this :p

Edited by SASrecon

I would guess that reflections are just too performance heavy for today´s high-polygon/resolution graphics.

British Army! not just men, but tanks too, i love tanks. :)
There's already a BAF DLC if you want more pray for more content from StalkerGB, UKF, and PR ArmA2...

I personally wouldn't mind seeing a map pack DLC with maps of real places such as the Korengal, Paktia, some locations in Africa, Korea, etc. BIS makes very good maps with an extreme attention to detail.

Edited by Big Mac

I'd pay just about anything for a medieval Holland vs Frisia DLC.

Ofcourse it has to have a seperate Grutte Pier model, and a bigass longsword that almost has anime-like proportions.

Then we can see how a Frisian farmer owns the shit out of a Dutch knight, using a pitchfork. :cool:

I personally wouldn't mind seeing a map pack DLC with maps of real places such as the Korengal, Paktia, some locations in Africa, Korea, etc. BIS makes very good maps with an extreme attention to detail.

Yes i would hope BIS provide map packs as future DLC, they dont need to be huge maps... just detailed and varied with some focusing on urban settings.

Yes i would hope BIS provide map packs as future DLC, they dont need to be huge maps... just detailed and varied with some focusing on urban settings.
I prefer something less urban and more along the lines of mountain warfare, maybe with caves or something.

@BIS

Great idea for DLC:

An assorted SOCOM/SOF pack with Rangers, Pararescue Jumpers, SEALs, Combat Controllers, etc to flesh out the US forces and be all around awesome.

And I know someone who would love to make the units for you *coughjohnnycough*