Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2 (OA) : DLC discussion thread

Taking things on a slightly different path....

How exactly will the DLC work? By that I mean, if the DLC ends up just being PBOs surely everyone will end up sharing them for free so are they going to be encrypted in some way that stops them working in vanilla Op:A?

Well the fact that this news comes shortly after OA gone Gold tells us that all the beer supposed for exports is now in Mníšek pod Brdy. It wouldn't surprise me if Ivan is behind that who has organized a 'little' party. :D

Or better: it was in Mníšek pod Brdy.

Edited by W0lle
Fixed so ProfTournesol stops nagging

Or better: it was in Mnisek pod Brdy.

Better be, so much beer, and a wine festival starting tomorrow, would just confuse the local populace.

Taking things on a slightly different path....

How exactly will the DLC work? By that I mean, if the DLC ends up just being PBOs surely everyone will end up sharing them for free so are they going to be encrypted in some way that stops them working in vanilla Op:A?

If its paid DLC I'm sure BIS will attach some sort of DRM or encryption to whatever they release. If it's free then obviously they wouldn't need that type of security.

3D Editor is for girls. Real men use the 2D editor. ;)

ArmA 2 Editor is for girls, real men write the mission.sqm from scratch in Notepad++. :yay:

Notepad++ is for girls, men use plain old vanilla notepad.. ;)

Real men plays the missions and campaigns that other wrote/edit with notepad/notepad ++/2D editor/3D editor.

For me 3d editor can stay as it is now. I use it only for settup positions and objects in my mission.

For me 3d editor can stay as it is now. I use it only for settup positions and objects in my mission.

This with one exception. While there are 3de converters available, it'd be nice if BIS added the ability to convert 3de missions to regular .sqm missions in the 3de itself.

Or better: it was in Mnisek pod Brdy.

My god, the Czech really don't know where to place the vowels...

My god, the Czech really don't know where to place the vowels...

I fixed it - just for you. ;)

With regards to the latest AAN post (http://www.aan-online.com/en/europe/26-chernarussian-beer-export-market-stagnates.html) am I missing somthing blindingly obvious or is it just an artical on fictional beer markets?

I really don't have a clue what it is trying to hint at :p

I was hoping for the ability to board large ships since it mentions problems with pirates. Unlikely though.

I would pay $30 for a

Bloody hell same!!

Would have to have the American AND British navy though ;)

Bloody hell same!!

Would have to have the American AND British navy though ;)

You'd have to throw the Russian Navy in there too. Who else is going to gutshot the only Arab on a pirate boat?*

*Please be advised that SEALVI is referring to a video of the Russian Navy boarding a pirate vessel.

Just to throw my 2 cents in. I'd happily buy packs, if they had some meat/value. I've seen some games that charge $10 for garbage. A few novelty guns for a run 'n gun shooter, no thanks.

Put together a meaningful, and logical package, and I'd pay for it happily. Eg: Put together an entire force pack, I'd plunk down $20 or so easily. (Eg: UK forces, having weapons, troops, vehicles, etc.) Of course, I mean something substantial. Forr something like a couple guns, 2 troop types and a truck, better be a lot less. ;)

With regards to the latest AAN post (http://www.aan-online.com/en/europe/26-chernarussian-beer-export-market-stagnates.html) am I missing somthing blindingly obvious or is it just an artical on fictional beer markets?

I really don't have a clue what it is trying to hint at :p

Did you read the article? :D This is clearly a reply from BIS on the 'lack' of an advertising campaign, as well as a funny little jab at the 'competition':

“Despite the current state of the market in - what are historically - our core territories, I am fully confident that Zagoria Zdroj will persevere through this period of uncertainty by sticking to our core values. While other companies may boast to have the most realistic simulation of our product, there is no substitute for the real thing.â€

"We obviously need to look at different business models, and evaluate the most appropriate ways of getting our very popular product to market. Sometimes these moves can spark controversy; sometimes it's justified, sometimes it isn't. Ultimately, Our loyal customers need to appreciate that the company has always put the consumer at the heart of its business choices, and that is certainly not something that is going to change"

;)

Regards,

Wolfrug

I've got a question about OA, I don't really think its fair that their selling combo pack of ArmA II +OA for 59.99, when ArmA II came out it was 49.99 by itself, When now OA comes out by itself its 39.99, I know BI wants to make some cash but still, not at the Price of ripping off its customers. This is my opinion and I support it.

The price is set by distributors. 20 euro(from play.com with free delivery) does not seem unreasonable to me, for that I think you are getting a lot for your money.

Which also seems to be the case with most BI products.(yes QG, I have forgotten about you)

Edited by sparks50

I've got a question about OA, I don't really think its fair that their selling combo pack of ArmA II +OA for 59.99, when ArmA II came out it was 49.99 by itself, When now OA comes out by itself its 39.99, I know BI wants to make some cash but still, not at the Price of ripping off its customers. This is my opinion and I support it.

Then i advice you not to buy it, we wouldnt have you to feel ripped off :)

The only reason I HATE DLC is because most games come out at release with some already ready. in other words, they leave stuff out of the game you just paid for in order to charge you more. So, if they dont leave whole chapters out of the game (Assassins Creed 2) just for DLC, and they just come up with new stuff *after* the game is done, and its something worth paying for, not a new set of camo or something.

So, as long as its something brand new after release, and pretty expansive, yeah why not? They know when their ripping you off though, so as long as they dont rip us off.