Sign in to follow this  
ardvarkdb

TF86 Navy SEALs Pack

When Enad says single-player, in this instance, he's talking about the scenarios and campaigns that come with the game. When you make your own missions, your player can pretty much any character ingame.

Also: a replacement pack is in the works.

Appreciate the further info / clarification. Many thanks.

Yeah in the Editor, you can make the player character anything you want. In the SP Campaign I dont think its possible to replace the Razor Squad.

You might wanna try making some missions of your own in the editor to get the basics of the game before starting the campaign. It's kinda hard, boring and can be glitchy. :/

PM me if you need some more help. I'd be happy to assist you. :)

Ardvark very nice units by my favourites in Arma2, because of the high quality but also because you have given me the freedom to choose face and identy to my self for every single soldier without worry if a baclava will conflict with some headgear and so forth...

Will you make them compatible with OA when the time comes, could be nice to run around in Zargabad with these Seals..??

Just want to say thanks for this mod, top quality work made a lot of missions with these :) my favourite units by far thanks ad!

Will you make them compatible with OA when the time comes, could be nice to run around in Zargabad with these Seals..??

If the devs hold their promise, arma2 addons (besides sound addons probably due to the "changed sound system") should work in OA.

Adjustments would only be needed for special features such as the OA FLIR.

If the devs hold their promise, arma2 addons (besides sound addons probably due to the "changed sound system") should work in OA.

Adjustments would only be needed for special features such as the OA FLIR.

Really, perfect so i can start planning missions with most of the units i already got, what about weaponry and their sounds, could there be a problem there...

Dumb question here - What exactly is the difference between this addon (TF86 Navy SEALs Pack) and a "replacement pack" ??

If I understand things right... With this addon TF86 Navy SEALs Pack , I can go in the editor and create missions..where I can control soldiers who are these SEALs, correct?..... What then is the difference with a "replacement pack"?

TF86 ==> The units.

Replacement Pack ==> TF86 units in the place of some other (probably, Recon Marines).

This way you can play using "old" missions that uses Recon guys, with the TF86 untis without having to edit the mission.

TF86 ==> The units.

Replacement Pack ==> TF86 units in the place of some other (probably, Recon Marines).

This way you can play using "old" missions that uses Recon guys, with the TF86 untis without having to edit the mission.

Thank you, for clarifying that for me. Apprecatie it.

Question - I've done some quick playtesting now having been able to DL this great looking addon - (I'm new to ARMA) but within the editor when creating a few simple missions.......I've noticed when play testing them (in the preview)....When a friendly is down.... There doens't seem to be the option to "medic" them, "dragging" them??? (as if the SEALs aren't outfitted with such equipment).... Or is this just disabled during the preview setup within the mission building editor??

Question - I've done some quick playtesting now having been able to DL this great looking addon - (I'm new to ARMA) but within the editor when creating a few simple missions.......I've noticed when play testing them (in the preview)....When a friendly is down.... There doens't seem to be the option to "medic" them, "dragging" them??? (as if the SEALs aren't outfitted with such equipment).... Or is this just disabled during the preview setup within the mission building editor??

you must use the first aid modules to be able to heal and drag, you can do this by pressing F7 (modules) in the editor, double clicking on the map, selecting the three first aid modules (simulation, action, battlefield clearance) and placing them in the editor, after this hit F5, and drag a dark blue line to every group leader you want it to effect.

Is there a reason why in the editor, I select a grenadier unit in the editor, I see him with the hat 100% of the time, (I use the RTE editor, and I'm using preview). But when i start the game as that unit as player, (in preview) then 100% of the time I never have any head gear?

I'm still using the last version that had ACE. Once i got the new release, it caused problems, so i deleted it and put the old one back until ACE comes out with them. But I never had the problem until I got the last release.

I know I'll get the business for using old release but the reason I ask is to see if it is an error or something that was fixed. BTW it doesn't happen when using the (A) model.

Thanks, I love the units by the way, I use them alot.

Edited by victim913

You need to set the headgear YOUR unit uses in your player profile from the main menu. If you don't set it, you wont wear anything. The AI are set to wear randomised headgear fitting with their camo pattern.

This is the purpose of the (M) units (standing for "Multiplayer"). They all come with no headgear when you play as them, so you can wear whatever headgear you select from the ample selection Ardy provided in the player profile screen, or from another source e.g. Schap's Desert Merc pack, or my UKSF units. They're designed to be used in MP scenarios, so connecting players can choose a few different headgear setups to not only customise the appearance of the units, but also aid in identification of players in a co-op/team-based setup.

Edited by Jackal326

Cool, thanks for the info. I always wondered what they stood for.

Being new to ARMA, have a question. How do these addons (like this one) do they have an effect on weapons accuracy levels? I've noticed when selecting a Team Leader (A) (SEAL) putting his rating bar all the way to the top (slide all the way over to the right)..... his accuracy (mine, as I'm manning him) with red dot scope directly on a guy within 50 meters and I'm missing repeatedly it seems (too often).

Meade95 - These units do not affect gameplay in any way. They are merely visual changes to the game. They do not affect accuracy, that's all you bud.

I think the GENERAL section of the forum might be better suited for your Arma 2 questions in the future and not this thread, as this deals specifically with the SEAL units. Here's a link. Link to general forumThanks.

Nice units ardvarkdb, the headgear are really impressive..

I tried to use them using the setIdentity command with its class name..no result..

this setIdentity "class-name"

Is there a way to equipe a unit with the headgear apart from the profile menu?

You have to create identities in the description ext of your mission. Define what type of headgear you want in the glasses class using the classnames of the headgear and define your soldier as that identity using the "this setidentity" command.

Meade95 - These units do not affect gameplay in any way. They are merely visual changes to the game. They do not affect accuracy, that's all you bud.

I think the GENERAL section of the forum might be better suited for your Arma 2 questions in the future and not this thread, as this deals specifically with the SEAL units. Here's a link. Link to general forumThanks.

My bad - Noted for future reference -

And, I pretty much figured as much, that it was my problem with the accuracy...ha. Thanks

Theres any way to make the AI units NOT to come with the camo faces, without have to edit the description.ext and stuff?

About ACE version, it will feature all the headgear with the *(M) units or just the normal ones ,to no screw up\clipping others units?

Do the SEALs within this addon, do they use the standard weapons within the base game? Or do they come with their own unique weapons?

Standard weapons unless you're using the Ace version.

Btw. I got a big problem. I hope it's not just me....

But here it is..

Every single unit looks like this:

jQBji.jpg

jQDOr.jpg

It wasn't the newest update because I tested them after that and they worked fine. Just all of a sudden the textures are gone. I hope you can fix this. :/