Sign in to follow this  
ardvarkdb

TF86 Navy SEALs Pack

@All - Thanks for all the positive feedback. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the units. I know we've really had a blast using them in our operations in TF86. If you make any missions using these guys let me know. I'd love to see them.

@ Sick1 - Here is a link to all the stuff you should need. If this is not it please pm me and we can figure it out. Pastebin

@Blackarrow1104 & Yuya88 - Jackal326 gave me a config for a replacement pack (I believe it is based off of the one Binkowski made for his ACU SF units) so I am working on that. Probably have something by the weekend.

@Cultivator - Thanks for the mirror!

@AnimalMother92 - I'm glad you like the models enough to want more, but the prospect of that happening is very slim right now. These units were made specifically for my squad (Task Force 86) and each unit was custom designed for the person that uses them. We currently operate in 6 man teams (and have some spots open for any interested), which is why there are 6 models :-) As our squad grows and we recruit more members it is likely more models will be created for the new members to use.

Sweet stuff finally something that motivates me to get my own ass back to creating addons for arma :P

I am going to try them out once i get home on friday. Looking amazing anyways

Finally Jonny is getting his ass back into creating addons, which motivates me to eat a peanut butter sandwich. :)

Astounding work, all it's missing is groups for the editor

Finally Jonny is getting his ass back into creating addons, which motivates me to eat a peanut butter sandwich. :)

Can you make me one too? please with strawberry jam :)

What are the class names to change the head gear? I type in this setidentity"classname?" right?

this setidentity "Identity1" where Identity1 is the classname

Classnames can be found here: Pastebin

I've only done this via a config so I'm not sure exactly how to do this in the editor.

Awesome work ardvarkdb, the units are simply the best SF so far....Thks for sharing those....:yay::yay:

@AnimalMother92 - I'm glad you like the models enough to want more, but the prospect of that happening is very slim right now. These units were made specifically for my squad (Task Force 86) and each unit was custom designed for the person that uses them. We currently operate in 6 man teams (and have some spots open for any interested), which is why there are 6 models :-) As our squad grows and we recruit more members it is likely more models will be created for the new members to use.

That makes perfect sense, I wasn't asking for more models (I'd say 120 is quite good) ;)

It was really more for the display names so when people play as a "Asst. Team Leader" they aren't confused when they get an SPR or a bunch of satchels for example. Pretty low priority, I was just comparing the classes to the Force Recon units, that's all.

One question, why no Marksman?

Can't you guys just grab whatever weapons you want? You can also change the description of the unit and it will show in the multiplayer setup screen. There is really no need for all these different varients. The units the addon already came with is plenty.

You can also change the description of the unit and it will show in the multiplayer setup screen.

Sure, that's what I'm doing, but it doesn't work when you mouse over them in game :rolleyes:

These units really have set the standards bar high, and no one is complaining. It's just feedback that the lack of marksman/AT soldier/demolitions seemed odd.

Superb job! Loved the extreme detail, mainly in the headgear.

BTW, theres any simple way to remove the non-ACE units from the list? I mean, there are already USMC W\D, Army, SOAR etc... making it too long.

I can't get the classnames to work in the editor any ideas?

What about a list of unit classnames? Does anyone have one yet? I was trying to put one together but I just don't have that much time at the moment. I got a few of the classnames put together but now I gotta figure out which one is which. The actual names do not help when it comes to identifying them. This could take me a while to put together due to time constraints so if anyone has one put together I'd appreciate if you could post it.

Maybe I'm blind but I couldn't seem to find one.

What about a list of unit classnames? Does anyone have one yet? I was trying to put one together but I just don't have that much time at the moment. I got a few of the classnames put together but now I gotta figure out which one is which. The actual names do not help when it comes to identifying them. This could take me a while to put together due to time constraints so if anyone has one put together I'd appreciate if you could post it.

Maybe I'm blind but I couldn't seem to find one.

I think what you are after is this. I used a simple formula that might help.

CAMO LETTER_seal#h or m

h = assault unit

m = random headgear / mp unit

So, for example, the ACU Assault Team Leader is a_seal1h. If you wanted the regular TL it would be a_seal1 or if you wanted the TL with random headgear it would be a_seal1m.

Unit numbers:

Team Leader - seal1

Asst. Team Leader - seal2

Medic - seal3

RTO - seal4

GL - seal5

Saw - seal6

The camo letters go as follows

ACU - a_

Woodland - w_

DCU - d_

AOR 1 - o_

Multicam - m_

Woodland Mix - y_

Desert Mix - x_

Hopefully this helps.

Sorry guys I'm new at all this.I still can't figure out how to change the helmets,mics,glasses.Can someone break it down to a retard level of how to do this.Thanks.

Damn they are nice...REALLY nice...You know..Maby you could do this.

I miss some realy heavy dute rucksacks. The one ingame is more like a day

pack to me. Id like to see something like the Berghaus Vulcan or some other..

One problem:

I build a mission and used your units with the "m" (multiplayer version for unique headgear). But everytime i get shot and revived or when i simply go and grab something out of a weaponcrate my headgear changes on their own. Sometimes i got my basecap (as chosen in the playerprofile), but after going to a weaponcrate i wear a hat (boonie).

Kind of strange...

I think what you are after is this. I used a simple formula that might help.

CAMO LETTER_seal#h or m

h = assault unit

m = random headgear / mp unit

So, for example, the ACU Assault Team Leader is a_seal1h. If you wanted the regular TL it would be a_seal1 or if you wanted the TL with random headgear it would be a_seal1m.

Unit numbers:

Team Leader - seal1

Asst. Team Leader - seal2

Medic - seal3

RTO - seal4

GL - seal5

Saw - seal6

The camo letters go as follows

ACU - a_

Woodland - w_

DCU - d_

AOR 1 - o_

Multicam - m_

Woodland Mix - y_

Desert Mix - x_

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks for the breakdown, bud! That's quite simple to remember. Good idea!

It looks like things are under way for getting these into ACE! :yay:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9740#note-7

Updated by Sickboy about 10 hours ago

* Category set to Model

* Status changed from New to Assigned

* Assigned to set to rocko

* Target version changed from Maybe to 1.1.0

* % Done changed from 0 to 10

Sounds good! Tnx ardvark for the offer!

Sorry guys I'm new at all this.I still can't figure out how to change the helmets,mics,glasses.Can someone break it down to a retard level of how to do this.Thanks.

changing the head extra's is extremely easy

i will put up a copy of my description and will tell you what to change

these are 8 guys from a mission i am working on (the names are working names and are subject to change)

COPY THIS TO YOUR DESCRIPTION AND CHANGE WHAT YOU WANT

class CfgIdentities
{
  class LT //<<--- the setidentity class (to be set in the units init 
                       //  this setidentity "LT" 

{
     name = "John Clark"; //<<-- name of persone
     face = "Merc_Face6"; //<<-- persons face
     glasses = "TF86_Boonie_C2_WDL"; //<<-- the custom hlemets,glasses etc. 
     speaker = "male6"; //<<-- the mans voice
     pitch = 0.9111557; //<<-- the deth of his voice
  };
  class blane
  {
     name = "Jonas Blane";
     face = "Merc_Face12";
     glasses = "TF86_Boonie_C2_WDL";
     speaker = "male1EN";
     pitch = 0.9111557;
  };
  class gerhard
  {
     name = "Mack Gerhard";
     face = "Merc_Face8";
     glasses = "TF86_Bballb_c2_tan";
     speaker = "male5";
     pitch = 0.9111557;
  };
  class brown
  {
     name = "Bob Brown";
     face = "Merc_Face5";
     glasses = "TF86_skull_c2_grn";
     speaker = "male4";
     pitch = 0.9111557;
  };
  class grey
  {
     name = "Charles Grey";
     face = "Face107";
     speaker = "male2";
     pitch = 0.9111557;
  };
  class williams
  {
     name = "Hector Williams";
     face = "Merc_Face13";
     glasses = "TF86_skull_c2_grn";
     speaker = "male3";
     pitch = 0.9111557;
  };
  class plaster
  {
     name = "John Plaster";
     face = "Merc_Face26";
     speaker = "male3";
     pitch = 0.9111557;
  };
  class haney
  {
     name = "Eric Haney"; 
     face = "Merc_Face4";
     speaker = "male3";
     pitch = 0.9111557;
  };

hope its clear for you now there is a class breakdown for all the boonies,hats etc. for the seal units on these pages so see that for all the options

Edited by supergruntsb78

Sweet stuff finally something that motivates me to get my own ass back to creating addons for arma :P

I am going to try them out once i get home on friday. Looking amazing anyways

Would be great to see you get back in the game.

@ardvarkdb,

I plan on changing the config a bit and making these guys known only as Joint Special Operations Forces or a representation of JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command). They would be a mixture of Seals, Delta, and SF and they would theoretically make up the task force. We actually do not have any idea who is really who in these SOF units and I would like to recreate that very same thing. I know that it is a Seal addon, but I like my SOF units to be non-specific so that it could be basically any of the above mentioned units.

Also, is there any chance of you creating SOF wearing civilian attire complete with tactical holsters and plate carriers? A good example of this would be the models used in Modern Warfare 2 during the Favela mission.

Would be great to see you get back in the game.

@ardvarkdb,

I plan on changing the config a bit and making these guys known only as Joint Special Operations Forces or a representation of JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command). They would be a mixture of Seals, Delta, and SF and they would theoretically make up the task force. We actually do not have any idea who is really who in these SOF units and I would like to recreate that very same thing. I know that it is a Seal addon, but I like my SOF units to be non-specific so that it could be basically any of the above mentioned units.

Also, is there any chance of you creating SOF wearing civilian attire complete with tactical holsters and plate carriers? A good example of this would be the models used in Modern Warfare 2 during the Favela mission.

That would be a great idea for adding them to ACEX as well. Good idea.