Sign in to follow this  
ardvarkdb

TF86 Navy SEALs Pack

Thanks supergrunt I should beable to figure it out now.

Great pack ! Currently am using it and love them. But, do you think you could make a ace config that doesn't remove the backpacks ? I like the looks of the back packs on the seals but without the default bis weapons.

The whole idea of the ACE config is to allow them to use ALL (or at least, the majority) of ACE's features, mainly the backpacks. Your best bet would be to simply use the default SEALs and just manually adjust their loadouts via the init line.

Great pack ! Currently am using it and love them. But, do you think you could make a ace config that doesn't remove the backpacks ? I like the looks of the back packs on the seals but without the default bis weapons.

Yes, that's the whole point of removing the backpacks from the model. Just add the backpacks via the init line to the units you want to use. If he put the backpack back on then it would kinda defeat the purpose of removing it so it doesn't look funny when you actually have a usable backpack on.

@ardvarkdb,

would you mind if i changes a few texture features for my own personal use but posted the pictures online? i hope to hear back soon!

@Bugkill: I don't understand why you need to change the config so they are generic SF units. They don't wear big signs on their backs that say "I'm a Navy SEAL", it's just where they are categorized under the editor. Use your imagination and pretend where it says "Navy SEAL" it says "JSOC Operator".

Was planning a civvie version but not anymore.

@daveygary1979: That is fine. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. THANK YOU FOR ASKING. If you are looking to do something specific pm me and I can see what I can do to help texture resource wise.

Working on the ace integration with a complete overhaul of the way the units are put together. Having some issues now but once those are sorted shouldn't be long. Ace integration update will also be same time new vanilla arma version is released.

Hi ardvarkdb, could you please include this in your future ACE config?

class CfgFactionClasses {
class MyFaction {
ACE_Language = "English"; // "Russian", "Arab"
};
};

Define the SEALs language as English. This will make them compatible with the ACE AI Talk module so they will shout during gameplay.

Thanks.

(reference: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9813#note-2)

awesome work fellas, may it be possible to get the assault head gear in the profile editor?

awesome work fellas, may it be possible to get the assault head gear in the profile editor?

I will be adding the ACE dialogue system. Thanks for the code. Found out about this the other day when we were playing a mission and the AI sneezed and scared the crap out of us.

I have already added 6 helmets to the profile editor for the next update. Currently they are the ACU helmets. I'm going to keep it that way unless there is a strong preference for a different set of 6, not going to do them all.

Currently reworking some textures and updating the models. File size should be significantly smaller for version 1.1. Hoping to have them done sooner rather than later.

I will be adding the ACE dialogue system. Thanks for the code. Found out about this the other day when we were playing a mission and the AI sneezed and scared the crap out of us.

I have already added 6 helmets to the profile editor for the next update. Currently they are the ACU helmets. I'm going to keep it that way unless there is a strong preference for a different set of 6, not going to do them all.

Currently reworking some textures and updating the models. File size should be significantly smaller for version 1.1. Hoping to have them done sooner rather than later.

awesome thank you sir cant wait to try them...:yay::bounce3:

cool, any word on these guys joining ACEX?

Integration into ACEX is the main reason v1.1 is taking so long. I've been pretty busy, but I also have to change the entire pbo structure to fit in with ACE's design scheme, which is not a big deal, just takes time. Lots of repathing models and reorganizing resources.

V1.1 will only be available for download here as a vanilla Arma 2 version. The ACE version will be included in an ACEX update, so if you only play with ACE you just need to keep using the SIX updater and they will eventually appear. I'll post here when everything is ready and available.

The ACE version will be included in an ACEX update, so if you only play with ACE you just need to keep using the SIX updater and they will eventually appear. I'll post here when everything is ready and available.

Thanks for the response, great news :)

any way to make the icons on the map like normal units? (not like the USN SEALs trident)

great fan of your work! multicam units are great and the units with the helmets are perfect for realism.

nice to see a RTO too :) not a lot of them around in other mods

Edited by pre-Vet
forgot the "?" what a shame!

Version 1.1 for Vanilla Arma 2 released

See first post for download link.

s3s.jpg

*Click for larger version*

s4s.jpg

*Click for larger version*

Note this is just for vanilla Arma 2. The Ace version will be included in an upcoming ACE X update.

Ardvarkdb

Edited by ardvarkdb

Thanks, I'll make sure there compatible with ST4:)

I've encountered something a bit odd with the textures. This is with "Normal" texture settings @ 1920x1200. (click images for full res)

Here you can see the SEAL which is really blurry.

8rPAr.jpg

For comparison, this is the standard BIS USMC soldier with the same settings. The textures are sharp.

8rS4A.jpg

I don't remember this issue in the previous version, can this be fixed?

Thx for the new version! :thumbsup:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

6999908.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1317][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/6999908.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1317]DOWNLOAD - TF86 Navy SEALs Pack (v.1.1) - [213 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

I have some problems with the multicam assault units,they have some spots where the camo should be but right now that area is white.

It's located on their back near their shoulders and only the team leader,rto and automatic rifleman have this problem.

~3 weeks until they're in ACEX...

O__O

Thats a joke, right? :(

Really NICE Update ardvarkdb, keep it up the absolute great work !!!

:yay: