dslyecxi

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

I really appreciate this addon. However I have a slight problem. Occasionally the HUD disappears. This seems to occur when I die and revert to a saved point earlier in the same mission. Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, is there a workaround?

Doesn't Alt+Shfit+H work in MP? - sorry mate, but I can't check it myself as I only play SP. The original way to kickstart STHUD was to hit the command view key (NUMPAD . by default IIRC). Both work in SP when reloading save games, for example.

Just downloaded.

I activated the mod, it shows activated in the extensions.

But nothing shows ingame.

Shift+Alt+H doesn't do anything.

Same goes for NUM [.]

Is there an incompatibility with ACE or something?

Being using chernarus, OA 1.6 stable.

Make sure you are in a team first ! ACE is not needed.

I tried with the editor, setup a 12 element AI team. I was the leader.

ACE we use in our clan, so I need it to run.

Made up some variables for the islands that United Operations have in their map pack. Hopefully work fine.

Carrigdubh

ST_FTHud_Centre = [150,150]; ST_FTHud_Scale = 0.65; ST_FTHud_Zoom = 0.09;

MCN_Aliabad

ST_FTHud_Centre = [150,150]; ST_FTHud_Scale = 0.72; ST_FTHud_Zoom = 0.097;

Spritz

ST_FTHud_Centre = [150,150]; ST_FTHud_Scale = 0.65; ST_FTHud_Zoom = 0.045;

Tropica

ST_FTHud_Centre = [150,150]; ST_FTHud_Scale = 0.65; ST_FTHud_Zoom = 0.022;

I tried with the editor, setup a 12 element AI team. I was the leader.

ACE we use in our clan, so I need it to run.

Anybody wishing to help me?

Anybody wishing to help me?

I would guess (since you provided no information) that you have a mistake either in your start-up line or in the way you installed the mod. Or both!

Check the links in this post.

I would guess (since you provided no information) that you have a mistake either in your start-up line or in the way you installed the mod. Or both!

Check the links in this post.

I just uncompressed the zip in arma2\@shackhud and added @shackhud to my start line.

I should point out it's not the first mod I try and I have other mods configured to run on a daily basis.

Should I do anything different from any other mod?

Swiped on my Optimus2X with Tapas

You may not have an Addons subfolder to @shackhud? The full path for fthud.pbo should be:

c:\<path-to-Arma2OA.exe>\@sthud\Addons\fthud.pbo

You may not have an Addons subfolder to @shackhud? The full path for fthud.pbo should be:

c:\\@sthud\Addons\fthud.pbo

Is the "@sthud" mandatory?

I called the addon folder with another name as the files came just zipped without a parent folder.

I'll try changing names and checking the path is correct.

c:\\@sthud\Addons\fthud.pbo

Ok I checked and you were right:I had the path wrong. So I then corrected like you suggested but I'm still not getting the HUD.

Are you actually running the mod (Using the shortcut -mod= method or a launcher)? Or are you just ploping the @STHud\addons folder into your main arma directory?

You can name it whatever you want, it doesn't even need the @ in the beginning (People just put them there so addons go to the top of your folder for organizational reasons).

You can always use a launcher like SIX updater, Spirited Machines, or Alpinestars. Those would be the easiest methods. You could also go the desktop shortcut route (Option 2).

Are you actually running the mod (Using the shortcut -mod= method or a launcher)? Or are you just ploping the @STHud\addons folder into your main arma directory?

You can name it whatever you want, it doesn't even need the @ in the beginning (People just put them there so addons go to the top of your folder for organizational reasons).

You can always use a launcher like SIX updater, Spirited Machines, or Alpinestars. Those would be the easiest methods. You could also go the desktop shortcut route (Option 2).

Sure I'm loading it!

I have my mod string and have added the HUD to it.

OT

Regarding launchers my steam version has never wanted to work with any of them.(i even reinstalled everythingrecently os included, still the same)

it's like some path is missing so the only way is by right clicking on the game in steam and select "launch combined operations" otherwise the game would crash to desktop with some file not found error.

This way the steam client executes a script that loads the correct path and the game works (this does not depend on the mod string).

Is there a way to change the default mode? I prefer "HUD Only" but it's quite annoying to go into the Ctrl-Shift-H menu every time I start a new mission.

Which is the latest version (or which is the latest tested version) I should DL to try this? On the DL link there are 5 or 6 files. Do I just need 1 of them? the one with the latest date?

Which is the latest version (or which is the latest tested version) I should DL to try this? On the DL link there are 5 or 6 files. Do I just need 1 of them? the one with the latest date?

Latest date, yes.

Is there anyway of having more colors to choose from on the ShackTac.

The yellow/green are quite alike and is hard to determine sometimes.

Hi Dslyecxi,

If I was to provide the updated config's for a handful of maps that are not currently implemented, would you be able to add them to a new revision on six updater ?

Hi Dslyecxi,

If I was to provide the updated config's for a handful of maps that are not currently implemented, would you be able to add them to a new revision on six updater ?

Sure, if someone wants to send along a set of configs to us, we can add them. There are probably some already ticketed on the tracker that could be added as well.

Is there anyway of having more colors to choose from on the ShackTac.

With the way we're doing it, no, not easily.

When will the new ACR maps be supported?

When someone gives us the configs for it, I suppose. Haven't done an update in awhile, but I could do one soon if the configs were provided for whatever people want.

Sure I'm loading it!

I have my mod string and have added the HUD to it.

OT

Regarding launchers my steam version has never wanted to work with any of them.(i even reinstalled everythingrecently os included, still the same)

it's like some path is missing so the only way is by right clicking on the game in steam and select "launch combined operations" otherwise the game would crash to desktop with some file not found error.

This way the steam client executes a script that loads the correct path and the game works (this does not depend on the mod string).

You also need to actually be in a group for it to come up on your screen. Press ctrl + shift + H (or alt + shift + H, whatever) and see if the STHUD menu comes up.

Edited by Lokyi

Hi Guys,

can you put this one in your nex update please?

class reshmaan

{

Zoom = 0.024;

Scale = 0.7;

Centre[] = {550, 550};

};

thx fogu

Hi, I´ve tryed this little mod in the last few days. I like it much cause its small and not dominant.

But I cant open up any settingsmenue with shift+ctrl+h or whatever. I would like to disable the names.

The point is that i dont play coop missions with human players. I play cti with AI in my team and their names dont help me much.

Is it possible to disable the names via any setting ?

The menu is currently brought up by pressing alt-shift-H in-game.

Allows you to change to radar-only, names, names + radar, or turn the HUD off entirely.

You can check out this page:

sthud

And make sure you're using the latest version, 120417_sthud.

Edited by panther42

Hey Guys

Another great mod from you !

One question you can hopefully answer! Installed this on my server, which is running Patrol Ops 2.04 at the moment!

The sthud didn't appear, so I tried to restart it, still to no avail!

Would it be because patrol ops has it's own team hud to the top right of the screen which shows the ranks etc?

It would work in normal campaign single player mode, so it is installed properly on my pc!

Thanks