dslyecxi

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

I have not tested yet, but do you use v2 signatures?

I want to move over to v2 on my dedicated servers, but this is depending on the addons.

No, it's still v1. I'll look into v2 sometime.

Any chance the islands requested have been added yet? or is a in-house testing of the islands going on? :p

A Readme would have been nice.

Just at the moment i dont know where to put the Serverkey-folder, as all other key folders from mods are stated as "key" and not "serverkey"-folder

You don't need the server keys unless you're running a server, but the files from that folder go in they go in the "Keys" folder.

Thank v much but best update the changelog in the first thread

Thank v much but best update the changelog in the first thread

How do you mean? The root post says:

As of 5/28/2011, release info can be found on the DevHeaven STHUD Project Page.

Hi dyslexci

You think there is a possibility of incorporating a digital compass or compass of sorts into the HUD? I tried to use digital compass and blend it with HUD as an example but alas my coding skills are lacking.

Hi dyslexci

You think there is a possibility of incorporating a digital compass or compass of sorts into the HUD? I tried to use digital compass and blend it with HUD as an example but alas my coding skills are lacking.

We were considering this at one point, but I've since decided not to pursue it. The 'normal' compass seems to work well enough, and isn't intrusive or slow to use.

No, it's still v1. I'll look into v2 sometime.

Thanks mate!

I can send you a cookie if you look into V2

:D

Hi, on a next update will be pimp if it could support the W0lle's Elephant Island v1.03, it kinda works but not at a 100% and it advises that the island is not supported by the STHUD; thanks for the last update. Let's C ya

If you want an island you have to go through the correct procedure and create a ticket... Let's C ya

is it possible to get a script version?

would be great!

cheers

Edited by Bulldog Six

is it possible to get a script version?

would be great!

cheers

Don't have the time to look into that presently, but if someone else would like to try, we could host/distribute it for those that would like to use it (presumably in A2 free?).

Don't have the time to look into that presently, but if someone else would like to try, we could host/distribute it for those that would like to use it (presumably in A2 free?).

No, not just for Arma2 free. For all mission makers who would like to include this great tool and don't want their mission to require downloading addons.

It would be great if someone could find the time to make a script version. If I was better at scripting I'd do it myself. Most of it is already scripted, looks like it just needs some minor changes when one extracts the pbo. Dslyecxi stated he'd support such an improvement but lacks the time to do it himself.

Edited by Bulldog Six

Dslyecxi stated he'd support such an improvement but lacks the time to do it himself.

I support the concept as applied to something like A2Free, where custom addons aren't allowed. I'm not keen on the idea of making it into a script form for A2/OA people, though - allowing it as an addon is a much smarter choice from the server standpoint.

You can always make sure the mission script checks for the addon first, and if the addon is loaded the mission script does nothing. That way you can put it in a mission and it'll work on both servers that allow STHUD along with ones that don't.

@Dslyecxi

Here's the settings I came up with for Yapal by Old Bear.

class yapal
   {
       Zoom = 0.07;
       Scale = 0.55;
       Centre[] = {150, 170};
   };

And i don't know if anyone else has had a line going through the HUD on Chernarus. These settings worked for me anyway.

class Chernarus
   {
       Zoom = 0.031;
       Scale = 0.7;
       Centre[] = {150, 200};
   };

Could you add these to your next update? Thanks mate! ;)

And i don't know if anyone else has had a line going through the HUD on Chernarus.

Yes...

Problem is, that the FT Hud position on the map is [0,0,0]. In some missions there are other markers on that "null pos". And the ACE Map Tools are there as well. Bit annoying sometimes.

I think [-200,-200,0] or similar would work better.

We've released a version of the ShackTac Fireteam HUD that supports group color-coding (as well as support for a few more islands). To use it, simply use the in-game interface to select team members, then hit 9-> assign them to a team, and a few seconds later you will see it reflect your changes (which are propagated to all clients in your group). You can find the new version on our Devheaven page, here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/sthud/files

fthud_color_coding_sample.jpg

@Dslyecxi

Thanks for the update, and the Chernarus problem i had with the line through the HUD has gone. Thx

But please could you add YAPAL in the next update? I hoped you'd implemented it but noticed you hadn't. :(

class yapal
   {
       Zoom = 0.07;
       Scale = 0.55;
       Centre[] = {150, 170};
   };

I edited your previous version and it worked fine for me! Have a merry Xmas mate. ;)

New version released. This includes significant performance improvements - the HUD draws much, much faster and just looks sexier all around.

Find it here:

http://dev-heaven.net/news/686

Yapal is included.

Edited by Dslyecxi