dslyecxi

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

These markers your on about are to be made how? like a mission marker or what? sorry im a little confused on this... its not exactly exaplained perfectly! then again, im not completely sure also! sorry...

Things I need to know, how to put these so called markers?

and where abouts do i need to add the last part in my configs? thx.

First you need to ensure the markers are in the center of a grid square:

ST_FTHud_Centre = [150,150];

You will also need to adjust the zoom so the grid square fits inside the HUD without showing grid lines.

ST_FTHud_Zoom = 0.5;

If the markers are too big for the grid square, you'll need to change the scale value to shrink the markers:

ST_FTHud_Scale = 1.0;

Adding to the island's config:

class ST_FTHud_IslandSettings
{
   class NewIsland
   {
       Zoom = 0.5;
       Scale = 0.95;
       Centre[] = {150, 100};
   };
};

this is probably a horribly stupid question to ask but every time I load a save game or revert to an older save the hud disappears. Works fantastic on the first load of the mission but as soon as I die it disappears, any suggestions?

thanks

did anyone find an answer to this one?

*solved. Go to command view [KeyPad del] and back.Hud reappears.*

gh

Edited by GHOG
Solved problem

How do you tell what the current zoom level is? Is it 1? Because Shapur isn't supported by this yet, but in game the markers are just about perfect. Or is there a version of this that supports Shapur?

Id love this to work on my island/s ... but I dont understand how to get it to support it!

Please id love some help... thanks :)

Dslyecxi: indispensable mod. Thank you, zx64 and everyone else who worked on this!

Our Yoma server includes this and the st movement mods as defaults. I run a cloned Linux dedicated server for personal testing and mission editing that updates from the same Yoma repository. However, loading any of these three mods on the Linux server causes it to fail to display the mission list, or let anyone start a mission.

Is it possible to add support in these 3 mods to check on startup if running on a dedicated server, and not load? I don't know if BIS's API even offers a check for this...

My workaround right now is a script that runs after the yoma-linux-sync script that removes the fthud, st_collision and st_evasive pbo files.

Edited by wohali

Would someone (with skills beyond mine) be kind enough to add Lingor to the list of supported islands? In that density, it is extra useful to have this nice tool

Cheers,

OP

Been playing around with the settings and found some values that seem to work for a couple of islands not yet supported.

Lingor

class Lingor
   {
       Zoom = 0.048;
       Scale = 0.71;
       Centre[] = {50, 50};
   };

Proving Grounds

class ProvingGrounds_PMC
   {
       Zoom = 0.24;
       Scale = 0.71;
       Centre[] = {50, 50};
   };

Shapur

class Shapur_BAF
   {
       Zoom = 0.24;
       Scale = 0.71;
       Centre[] = {50, 50};
   };

Will there be an update to make STHUD Compatible for new recent made islands and maps like Mana, Fallujah and Lingor?

Edited by avengerzx

New version, see root post for link. Changes are:

12/13/2010

- Added Shapur, Proving Grounds, Plr Mana, I44 Omaha, Lingor, MBG Nam, and Unsung's Lowlands

- Potential workaround for "Error: No unit" issue

- Added AR and AT group icons. AT icon will revert to normal icon once AT has been expended

Good News! Dslyecxi, great. Usable for Lingor now! :D

Ask a question:

Only this Everon is supported, what about this Everon 2010??

Those 2 seems different, by 2 different persons

Edited by avengerzx

Excellent addon, many thanks! Certainly a must for multiplayer situational awareness. Keeps the blue on blue down in built up areas when online comms are not always 100%.

Just a question; does anyone know what is the weapon addon for the M4 carbine with the AimPoint Micro in the screenshot?

example_3_tmb.jpg

Much appreciated. Thanks

badger;1818844']In what version? Cant find it in latest version of ACE...

In ACE v1.3 ARMA 2 Only ACEX

Not the latest -.-

Hi, i was playing in MP yesterday and some weird things happened with the STHUD, shudently some blue banked lines appeared on the HUD, but it keept working; also (after a few respawns) half of the hud background appeared as white banked to the other direction.

First it was like this:' / ', all the HUD background with blue lines.

Later was like this: ' \ ', 3/4s of the HUD's background was solid white for the upper right corner to the middle's circle of the HUD.

Booth things happened a few times each, aparently at random while playing and fixed on it's own while playing too, also aparently at random.

The STHUD improves the gameplay in squad a 300% and it's F-great, i can't live without it now. The only bad point that i see with it is that the friendly units that are not on your squad don't apprear on the HUD, and will be great if they'll too, because that will make much easyer to work side by side with other players that aren't part of your squad. I love this addon, is great. Let's C ya

Yeah, would be cool if members of other squads would show up in different colors or something.

Something I noticed but don't know if it's been said already: the HUD seems to sometimes disappear when loading or saving the game.

Edited by Concurssi

Hi, i was playing in MP yesterday and some weird things happened with the STHUD, shudently some blue banked lines appeared on the HUD, but it keept working; also (after a few respawns) half of the hud background appeared as white banked to the other direction.

First it was like this:' / ', all the HUD background with blue lines.

Later was like this: ' \ ', 3/4s of the HUD's background was solid white for the upper right corner to the middle's circle of the HUD.

Booth things happened a few times each, aparently at random while playing and fixed on it's own while playing too, also aparently at random.

It was probably the case of the mission itself moving markers to origin or near origin on the map. Anything placed in that part of the map will show up on the HUD - you can test that by zooming out on the map, going to the bottom-left where you see the FTHUD stuff, and placing markers there.