Sign in to follow this  
the.d

User Add-On Guide for more Realism and Immersion (ACE2-based)

Last time I spoke with The D, he told me the following:

"^^ Yeah, I will, as soon as I find the necessary time to write an OA-based guide."

So there are plans to update, it's just a matter of finding the time to, hehe.

I've been stumped with work recently and I do not when I will find the time to bring this up to date - I was planning a second guide concerning basic mods and enhancements for OA (not ACE-based this time!*) but there is no way I can accomplish anything in that direction at the moment. My apologies!

*No, screw that - ACE just rocks on so many levels, it's really a fundamental contribution to gameplay.

Edited by The.D

Well I look forward to your next compilation, I am testing some things right now with the following mods with OA combined Ops:

@ ACEOA- Ace is a great base mod IMO, glad to see its inclusion

@ JSRS using all of it, best sound mod IMO wow

@GL4-

@Zeus AI skills- still messing with this, not sure about ACE_ zcommon OA etc..

@SLX- the wounding is just something I can't play without now

@WARFFX_ - I can't wait for the blast core to be released

@Mando missle-

@JTD smoke

@ASC- this ones great, lets you customize some weapons,

@RH- and of course all the RH guns !!

It is hard to have time to test if things are working right with all this!

Steve

Edited by stevedrumsdw

I seem to have some kind of bug where my team mates wont use their rifles, when I use any mods at all. ACE, zeus, gl4, slx, I've tried isolating all of them and it only works right with vanilla OA. anyone heard of this problem?

to be more exact, the guys will switch to binocs and then to pistols and will fire at the enemy at assault rifle range with their pistols. not much fun.

I did a search on this topic but haven't found an answer to my question-

Is there a way to mix both SLX Woundings and ACE Wounding together?

I've tried it by just whacking in SLX and turning on the ACE Wounding mod - and yes both seem to work. However, what appears to be happening is that both are working concurrently.

Example:

I shoot a guy in the legs. He drops to the ground and can only crawl now.

Using ACE I apply bandages and morphine and now he appears fine.

Except that his legs are still bloody (which would be fine as is, because let's face it, we're not running around with a bottle of Vanish in our backpacks) and he can't get up until I use SLX's "Bandage PersonXYZ" from my action menu.

Has anyone got it to work so that the ACE Medical appliances also heal SLX wounds?

I am fairly sure that these 2 systems conflict with each other, I have tried many times to install both of these together, and I just don't think it can be done without issues.

I am fairly sure that these 2 systems conflict with each other...

Bingo!

Hi Th.D

Thanks very much indeed for producing this great guide and the accompanying scripts for GL4; I'm sure other new players will also find them both most helpful in getting these wonderful mods installed & functioning. Playing some missions later today to start tweaking the settings.

Already, using your setup seems to have solved one very frustrating issue I found using SLX both in Bardosy's excellent campaigns & Thomsonb's Flashpoint Utes & Chernarus missions (intermittently the 'fire' button would delay or fail to work altogether. Usually had to quit & restart as it only gets worse & inevitably leads the player's character to a chronic condition doctors call 'death' IRL. Definitely an issue due to SLX, not h/w or other s/w).

I'm sure you know what needs to be done to update it far better than I, but when you find the time to do it if you want a (non-stupid :) noob to read through a draft & try it out please ask.

By the way, on a brief trial the setup seems to work fine without ACE; haven't yet looked at how differently the AI behaves or tweaking the settings.

Cheers

Carl

has anyone tried to use this combination with OA. Im trying to create a mission with Urban Combat features "Operation al-Fajr " ; AI act strange in buldings.

@CBA;@ACE2; @ACEX;@GL4; @ZCommon_ace; @SLX_WOUNDS;@CSM2OA

I'm guessing it would be between Zcommon and GL4.

Howdy, I've got this little problem of AI unit leaders. I'm making and testing a beach landing mission; the shore has some enemy presence, amphibious APCs coming in and dropping the troops. Problem comes after it, because once they come in contact with the enemy, the AI leader will lay on the ground, ordering some elements to engage this or that...but he won't move his ass until everything is "clear", so I have half/3rd quadrant of the landing squads laying on the slopes of the beach, while some smaller ones are advancing, especially LAVs are running rampant all-around...I played with the different mod-combinations, and I've shrunken the possible responsible ones to either ACE or ASR AI skills...

Or is this some bug related to latest vanilla patch (CO 1.54)?

So my question if anybody ever encountered this: why does the AI leader lays down on contact and stays stationary until everything is cleared?

Thanks for this but I'm still having a lot of trouble using SIX Updater. I consider myself an advanced user, even having made mods for ArmA1 and other games in my time.

Something needs to be done to compile all these top quality mods in to a 1-click package. Why arn't there any steps being made towards this?

EDIT: OK I've somewhat got closer to playing with this mod combination by means of manually installing and customizing all the mods, but one thing I absolutely hate is how the weapon optic sight pictures on the various small arms take up the entire screen space. What the hell happened to 3D scopes? It looks like your firing some kind of stationary weapons system than a bloody assault rifle - horrid. Someone Please tell me how this can be changed so the scope is only taking up half the screen and you can see the battlefield in your periphial. Hope I explained this well enough.

Edited by Locksley

Hi, could you please reassess and update the minimum file index for the latest SLX versions? There are a lot of new pbo files in current versions that might not need to be omitted.

Oh by the way, thanks for an amazing list, I've been using mods since day one and I've not seen some of these! Should be top!

Edited by Nosedive

Yes Soldaten and It work fine for me exsept for SLX. I have the same mods

@CBA;@ACE; @ACEX;@GL4; @ZCommon_ace; @SLX

I have arma 2 and OA (convined Ope) patched to 1.54.

In SLX work only some effects,melee, visuals cosmetic aspects of SLX are working. The more detailed bits, such as wounding,surrender, and morale, seem to be completely off. If I Use SLX alone whit CBA happend the same

I play it before but now is not working!

I Try in arma 2 Alone, in OA alone, in all the patchs, Alone whit CBA, whit anothers mod, the wounded addons drag and surrender whit the necesaries addons of SLX, but nothing. Only Ace and the others mods are working fine. What can be my problem? sorry for my bad english

Yes Soldaten and It work fine for me exsept for SLX. I have the same mods

@CBA;@ACE; @ACEX;@GL4; @ZCommon_ace; @SLX

I have arma 2 and OA (convined Ope) patched to 1.54.

In SLX work only some effects,melee, visuals cosmetic aspects of SLX are working. The more detailed bits, such as wounding,surrender, and morale, seem to be completely off. If I Use SLX alone whit CBA happend the same

I play it before but now is not working!

I Try in arma 2 Alone, in OA alone, in all the patchs, Alone whit CBA, whit anothers mod, the wounded addons drag and surrender whit the necesaries addons of SLX, but nothing. Only Ace and the others mods are working fine. What can be my problem? sorry for my bad english

Here is the official thread, you're more likely to get help here

thank you for this excellent list!

Edited by memento

Hey guys!

I was under the impression that ACE and ZEUS, while greatly improving gameplay, tend to make the AI too aware and give them all-seeing eyes.

HOWEVER, I found a way to combine ACE and ZEUS in a way that will not break your stealth.

Just DISABLE the following pbos in your ACE and Zeus folders:

ace_c_ai_sensors

ace_c_ai_skill

zeu_c_ai_recognition

zeu_c_ai_skill

If you don't want your enemys to call reinforcements that hunt you down like hitmen:

zeu_GLx

zeu_netcode

That way you can keep the important features of the mods and at the same time be able to shoot guys in the back like a coward. haha.

cheers

Edited by Hunter123

Hello guys,

a question.

is there ANY way to use the flare/sparkle/flying hot debris system from WarFX Particles, WITHOUT having the super-excessive smoke clouds that "puff" behind and in front on all vehicles?

I tried disabling the **VEH file but it is requested...

I love the sparkles! down with the dust!

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Hey guys!

I was under the impression that ACE and ZEUS, while greatly improving gameplay, tend to make the AI too aware and give them all-seeing eyes.

HOWEVER, I found a way to combine ACE and ZEUS in a way that will not break your stealth.

Just DISABLE the following pbos in your ACE and Zeus folders:

ace_c_ai_sensors

ace_c_ai_skill

zeu_c_ai_recognition

zeu_c_ai_skill

If you don't want your enemys to call reinforcements that hunt you down like hitmen:

zeu_GLx

zeu_netcode

That way you can keep the important features of the mods and at the same time be able to shoot guys in the back like a coward. haha.

cheers

nice! I will try that

Okay, I'm wondering here what people do once they get all the mods in this list up and working.

Do you guys play multiplayer? In order to get the benefit of these mods, wouldn't you have to somehow find a server with this EXACT setup, including the specific modifications like disabling certain SLX features or custom GL4 configs as the OP prescribes?

As for single player, don't you find that having all of these changes often totally screws up the missions? For example, playing a mission where you have to assassinate an enemy officer as a sniper wouldn't really be playable because ACE requires you to have a range finder and maybe even a wind gauge in order to make extreme distance shots, but the missions don't spawn you with these items.

Even worse than that, it seems that something, somewhere in this mod list is routinely causing triggers and scripts to not function properly.

Lastly, having all of these mods increases load times by 4 or 5 times, and has caused my dedicated server to actually crash due to 100% CPU usage on AI dense maps.

This isn't a flame or anything, for the most part this mod makes this game 3 times as good, but I'm just having trouble finding an experience that isn't buggy and broken.

The triggers don't trigger probably because not all vehicles are always fully destructed.

You can work around that though by temporary disabling the vehicle damage simulation system; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Vehicle_Damage_System+notes

Also there were issues in the past with detonating multiple satchel charges at once, but that has been worked around in the latest ongoing dev version (will be in 1.9 stable).

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15383#note-55

Edited by Sickboy

hello , I need help with something

I have instalkled all the mods you stated. but then I couldn't join my own dedicated server

saying something abou ZEU_dispersion_somthing

I went and disabled ZEUS AI and everything was fine.

In the readme it sais I have to disable the AI difictult

except there are too many AI difficult XXXX

help me plz

great list!

There is just so many different mods out there so for a new player (me) it's very confusing to know what's good and what's still being maintained etc.

I will try the "big five" for starters but I have some questions on how things will work.

How will the AI be? I realize the question is a bit vague, but with many chopped up mods its hard to know what features there are.

will the AI heal/drag? react to suppression fire, take cover, occupy building flank etc? I'm guessing the answer is yes here, just making sure.

Will the players be able to revive the dead with a medic? or is it only for injuries?

will the AI have super human aim and awareness? I play vanilla now and while the tactics the AI use is pretty bad, they seem to locate me and fire in an instant, even while going prone and shooting a single shot from a nearby hill.

finally when creating custom missions will the mods with their functionality kick in by them self? or will I have to initiate / configure them for each mission?

thanks for any answer to the questions, and thanks for putting the list together!

great list!

There is just so many different mods out there so for a new player (me) it's very confusing to know what's good and what's still being maintained etc.

I will try the "big five" for starters but I have some questions on how things will work.

The "big five" are now quite old so I'd suggest either picking individual mods to suit your style of play from a more recent list or trying this mod which combines the best mods into a single package.

Don't know how compatible it is, but ÄŒSLA is quite good. Also, Balkan war mod and Isla Balkania are looking great. Just thought you would like to know...

Great mod combo by the way! :D