Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

Arma 2 1.06 Patch Suggestions

-More missions&campaigns (free or buyable)

-Easier tank commanding (being a commander feels very clumsy. e.g. the machine gun view forces the view to random angles when the tank is moving. Its much easier just to jump between driver and gunner positions)

2. Having The campaigns being compatible with A.C.E. would be good. Especially if you can get to manage rucks and extra weapons in the briefing. I don't think you can change weapons in the briefing screen which is a shame

I agree mostly with those that replied to this comment. It's more ACE being compatible with A2.

A2 could help the mod makers out by releasing more documentation on subject less well covered in the BIKI ( e.g. graphics effects, details on how certain variables in class definitions actually work, full list of simulations available via configs and how to interact with them, blahblahblah ). And either provide a clear 'heads-up' about if/when they change a unit's notion of it's parent class ( ala UH-1 ) or better yet - don't do that.

The disabling of mods, rather than disconnecting from server, guessing new mods, and re-starting. And showing both used and allowed mods in server browser.

The disabling of mods, rather than disconnecting from server, guessing new mods, and re-starting. And showing both used and allowed mods in server browser.

well, then use Yoma, and spread the word about it so other server admins implement it. You can see which mods are on the server.

dissabling mods from ingame is not possible since the game needs a restart to load the addon content as well..

1. Being able to move in the map view. Currently when switching your character stops moving. You could move in ofp and it actually made it easier to cross country fast by moving in the map view especially if you sped up time and didn't have to deal with an fps issue. So could this be fixed?

QUOTE]

Another -1 for this.

So you are telling me that you are able to run through woods at full tilt while reading a map! Good thing that realism isnt what you are aiming for !

1.05 is damn near perfect.

PICTURE IN PICTURE would be my only real request.

Edited by Kremator

well, then use Yoma, and spread the word about it so other server admins implement it. You can see which mods are on the server.

dissabling mods from ingame is not possible since the game needs a restart to load the addon content as well..

Yeah. That's why I mentioned it.

I do use Yoma, but while it tells you what mods the server is running, it doesn't say what is signed for. I like to use an english mod for my german version for example, but the server wouldn't nned that, though it may allow it. Same for audio mods. Anyway, this is patch suggestions, not third party browser suggestions, so I put it in.

A few simple fixes:

1. Add missing voice for aware command.

2. Field of View option I would like to be able to zoom out more 80 degrees maybe.

3. fix the -(minus) +(plus) keys for vehicles it only works for infantry, thats for camera.

4. AI chatter sentance structure fixing, like when I ask my squad where we are located, I say "Where?" but not the rest of the sentance.

5. LOD scaling improvements for trees, the high LODS should NOT load when you're only 200 feet in front of them, they should load alot further away, right now for me I can see way too much LOD popping and switching, and the trees only need a few LODS, the trees should not look blurry and have no detail at 300 feet.

6. wider circle for targeting actions like targeting a moving man/vehicle or opening/closing doors and gates.

7. Less extreme weapon movement when fatigued or wounded

8. longer weapon priming times and reloads, not realistic at all, no explaination is needed for this improvement.

9. Reflection graphics should have its own option under video options.

10. Add option to respawn unit in editor (tick box) and for MP, under host options allow respawns.

BIS, make contents of ammo crates (and all other vehicles), which are global , also global and JIP compatible !!! and where are the functions to get the inventory of a crate?

PLEASE ! MAKE US HAPPY ! :)

Edited by McArcher

I'd like to be able to play Manhatten at more than 20FPS.

Maybe I ask too much.

I would like to play Manhatten without it frezzing on me :(

Additional markers for the High Command Module:

70px-APP-6_Air_Defence.svg.png

Air Defence

70px-APP-6_Anti_Tank.svg.png

Anti-tank

70px-APP-6_Combat_Service_Support.svg.png

Combat Service Support

70px-APP-6_Engineer.svg.png

Engineers

70px-APP-6_Refuel.svg.png

Fuel

fix the campaign... I have played Manhattan so many times just to get to a dead end or for it to wipe itself from the saved files, So now I can not bring myself to finish it. Please just Delete Manhattan or turn it into mini missions that can be done individually... it is too buggy and ruins a good game...

Anyone got a completed campaign I can use... I just want to skip Manhattan and finish this thing.

First time and only time i played Manhattan everything worked great - right through - even with addons. And i didnt follow the missions strictly plus i saved and loaded a lot (closed the game and started again later). Just to let you know. :D

Suggestion 1.06

Can 1.06 bring a bit better UAV? Like lockable zoom plus more zoom. More zoom to make up for no FLIR - its hard to detect anything from the height it has to fly at without getting shot down instantly. Just want the UAV to work better for player controlled action. So we can have "live intel" section. :)

Finnaly fix that bug where there is a delay between the enemy getting hit and actually reacting to it.

And have you noticed you can shoot a reloading enemy and he won't die untill he has finished reloading.

You guy's really need to ditch death animations.

;1523840']Maybe I'm asking too much' date=' but i'd like to see helicopter taxing[/quote']

+1 for me

Its possibly in the Osprey, would love to be able to taxi all helicopters though.

not sure about this thread

beta thread is no more...

I could be wrong but...

from what I can tell there will be no 1.06 coz 1.05 is "final".

I could be wrong but...

from what I can tell there will be no 1.06 coz 1.05 is "final".

Lol...

More people who fail to understand the meaning of "final" when applied to BI's patches. :j:

fix the campaign... I have played Manhattan so many times just to get to a dead end or for it to wipe itself from the saved files, So now I can not bring myself to finish it. Please just Delete Manhattan or turn it into mini missions that can be done individually... it is too buggy and ruins a good game...

Anyone got a completed campaign I can use... I just want to skip Manhattan and finish this thing.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Cheats

You want the endmission one.

Lol...

More people who fail to understand the meaning of "final" when applied to BI's patches. :j:

Sorry my bad... so BIS still do patches for ARMA1?

well that is good, I thought they would put all their effort into Arrowhead.