Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

Arma 2 1.06 Patch Suggestions

-ai rearming on dead bodys and ammoboxes would be nice

Fix the F-35 cockpit.

Good idea, but lets change a few other things about the F-35B first.

For example it would be nice if the skin was updated to the darker grey used in the pre-production aircraft being tested. The AIM-9L should be replaced by either a AIM-9X or AIM-120. And some different weapon load-outs would be nice. For example a variant with external stores.

Edited by W0lle
quoted image

Please improve the tank AI.

If they attack and are less away from enemy tanks they often spin around and show the back part to the enemy and fire from 6 o'clock for example. :rolleyes:

If they note enemy tanks they schould try to show the front to their position and also drive backwards in that way.

It's also possible in some RTS games why not in ARMA2?

Tino

Fix refuelling, rearming and repairing at towncenters for both your squad and

for High Command units.

Simply i would like to be able to order my squad or parts of it to refuel/repair/rearm

at a towncenter.

Fix AI driving & piloting skill

Add a take off and a land command to Air units.

make use of combined arms, i think it would be great if the AI (on its own)

could use vehicles in their squad autonomously at least in Warfare missions.

Like in DoW if i send two BMPs to a Infantry squad they will then use it

for transporting themselves (depending on how far away move

order target is) and etc.

Add a function similar to "doMove" but preventing units to regroup

Be good if there was a function to modify your 'skin'. i.e play as a USMC soldier but look like a civilian

I think they should change the gunner sight on the Apache to look like that of the real Apache. It looks exactly like Cobra's sight on the game.

Create some additional groups (CfgGroup) in order to get more units when using Ambient Combat Manager (ACM). This whole proces should take approx. less than 10 minuttes. What I mean is this:

USMC_AH64DSquadron

USMC_AH64D_SidewindersSquadron

USMC_A10AttackSquadron

CDF_Su25DSquadron

RU_Su39Squadron (Su25)

INS_Su25Squadron

Config could look like this: (BIS: Feel free to copy/paste the code)

//USMC

class USMC_AH64DSquadron {

name = "AH64D Attack Squadron";

faction = "USMC";

rarityGroup = 0.300000;

minAltitude = 40;

maxAltitude = 100;

class Unit0 {

side = 1;

vehicle = "AH64D";

rank = "CAPTAIN";

position = {0, 15, 0};

};

class Unit1 {

side = 1;

vehicle = "AH64D";

rank = "LIEUTENANT";

position = {15, 0, 0};

};

};

class USMC_AH64D_Sidewinders {

name = "AH64D AA Squadron";

faction = "USMC";

rarityGroup = 0.300000;

minAltitude = 40;

maxAltitude = 100;

class Unit0 {

side = 1;

vehicle = "AH64D_Sidewinders";

rank = "CAPTAIN";

position = {0, 15, 0};

};

class Unit1 {

side = 1;

vehicle = "AH64D_Sidewinders";

rank = "LIEUTENANT";

position = {15, 0, 0};

};

};

class USMC_A10AttackSquadron {

name = "A10 Attack Squadron";

faction = "USMC";

rarityGroup = 0.300000;

minAltitude = 40;

maxAltitude = 100;

class Unit0 {

side = 1;

vehicle = "A10";

rank = "CAPTAIN";

position = {0, 15, 0};

};

class Unit1 {

side = 1;

vehicle = "A10";

rank = "LIEUTENANT";

position = {15, 0, 0};

};

};

//CDF

class CDF_Su25Squadron {

name = "Su25 Attack Squadron";

faction = "CDF";

rarityGroup = 0.300000;

minAltitude = 40;

maxAltitude = 100;

class Unit0 {

side = 1;

vehicle = "Su25_CDF";

rank = "CAPTAIN";

position = {0, 15, 0};

};

class Unit1 {

side = 1;

vehicle = "Su25_CDF";

rank = "LIEUTENANT";

position = {15, 0, 0};

};

};

//Russia

class RU_Su39Squadron {

name = "Su39 Attack Squadron";

faction = "RU";

rarityGroup = 0.300000;

minAltitude = 40;

maxAltitude = 100;

class Unit0 {

side = 0;

vehicle = "Su39";

rank = "CAPTAIN";

position = {0, 15, 0};

};

class Unit1 {

side = 0;

vehicle = "Su39";

rank = "LIEUTENANT";

position = {15, 0, 0};

};

};

//Insurgents

class INS_Su25Squadron {

name = "Su25 Attack Squadron";

faction = "INS";

rarityGroup = 0.300000;

minAltitude = 40;

maxAltitude = 100;

class Unit0 {

side = 0;

vehicle = "Su25_Ins";

rank = "CAPTAIN";

position = {0, 15, 0};

};

class Unit1 {

side = 0;

vehicle = "Su25_Ins";

rank = "LIEUTENANT";

position = {15, 0, 0};

};

};

Edited by Major Woody

i guess its been said before.. but a server command such as a ping check would be nice

_ping = ping Player_ID;

i have seen soo many people using autoconnect program. so if a admin is not online there will be seriouse problems to get rid of thouse people with high ping since they just reconnect after been votekicked.. they need to be baned.

sorry to say it but some morrons out there dont understand that you can not play with 500 ms in ping.

and people get sick of votekicking all the time resulting in getting a gameplay that is laggy.

we would not even need a command . we could just define MaxPing=xxx in our server config.

Please add an option to disable vsync

Hi MakubeX.

You can set "wait for vertical refresh" to "always off" (same thing) using the regular Catalyst Control Centre options for ATI cards. Its under 3D/All Settings, option. I did it a while ago and fps increased by 20%.

Cheers

ceedub

Edited by ceedub
wrong instructions

New 'round here, sorry if these get mentioned a lot already but I didn't see them so far, so:

1) Can we have the option to NOT have Alt+F4 as the standard shut down Arma 2 key? I know, every program tends to use it, but in combat I'll always forget, be holding alt for free look, and hit F4 to select my number four, and bam, straight out of the game followed by a short sharp 'FFFU-'

2) An option to command tanks like the old OFP where you saw the gunners weapon and ammo at all times (important! For me at least), you just clicked to order him to fire instead of ctrl click, etc. I tend to command from the driver's position because its so much simpler to do, and just let an AI man the commander's pos for an extra machinegun. Something's wrong with that, right?

3) Some of the animations are really bogus, are BIS planning to fix these in the near future? I avoid using pistols/moving around unarmed like the plague because the movement animations associated with them look so stiff and wierd.

4) Why are female civs so screwed up? They can't crouch walk, they can't crawl, the sportswoman is stuck in this perpetual sportswomanlike jog whether you try to slow down or not, they have no voice in radio, and they can't do anything. Bad enough that they can't use weapons or move normally, but I had a satchel in inventory to test and nope, can't even place it even though its there in the action menu. What gives? Why put the time and effort into female civs for them to just be useless eye candy?

5) As far as I can tell there's no way to adjust your voice pitch for if you're a non USA unit; or if the voice pitch thing does adjust OPFOR, there is no way to set it with OPFOR in mind without just guessing what it'll sound like. Would be nice for people who actually play OPFOR more than BLUFOR.

6) Can the in-game clan/squad and logo thing be streamlined so its not this convuluted process of creating an XML, hosting it and then referencing it? As in, can we just set our clan and pic in-game nice and easy? That'd be great.

7) Maybe the most important thing gameplay wise - it'd be great if AI pathfinding could be tweaked a bit so they were better in buildings. Its heartbreaking to have all these beautiful urban environments and generally having to stick to the streets for fear of wasting hours painstakingly moving AI through building 'positions'. Or worst of all, walking through a BIS-made default gap in a fence, and watching your AI run all the way around the fence into an enemy machinegun because they somehow can't use a fence gap to move.

8) What's with AI immediately pinpointing you even when firing a silenced weapon? At night, with no moon, pitch black, and they have no NVG? Why does this happen? I switched to the role of the NVG-less soldier and I was blind as a bat, but AI has spooky vision and ignores night it seems.

9) A really annoying bug for a helicopter dropship pilot - Sometimes AI won't disembark from the helo unless the pilot gets out first.

10) The AI drivers soemtimes seem to forget how to drive and just totally ram into other vehicles like they're not even there, totally wrecking either their vehicle, the one they hit, or both, depending on what we're driving here (M1A2 ramming into Bicycle is not nice)

11) One last thing I thought of - I was in an AH-64D with an AI gunner, sitting still 1.5k away from the target, and I was ordering him to attack with the cannon. He was firing, but he never hit once - the targeting reticule was saying that we had perfect aim, but he was consistently falling short by a fair margin. Maybe gunners need an overhaul for long range cannon shooting aim?

Don't mean to sound rude at all here either, OFP and Arma 2 are easily my favourite games of all time, and I have the utmost respect for you guys, which is why I'd love to see this stuff fixed so I can enjoy this game even more. I mean, the AI in A2 has really blown me away with the leaps and bounds you guys have made in their intelligence and initiative, so all this post is basically me thinking of every problem I can so I can either be told its to be fixed, unfixable, or I'm just doing something wrong.

Also, hope these aren't really common and mentioned a lot, and hope I didn't post this in the wrong place or something.

Keep up the awesome work!

ARMA2 makers, please fix the inability for players to access the UAV on dedicated servers

and allow the dedicated server admin to BAN a player via the GUIDE instead of the nickname or ID. Nicknames and IDs change but GUIDES are harder to change. Allow a ban via the first 6 characters of the GUIDE, is the best way. Punkbuster does it best that way and I have used it many times with 100% success that they don't come back.

UPDATE: See the battleye link and there is a way to ban a player at the server using a text editor and Battleye is working on a remote server control to ban players also.

Edited by Karlo
Improved info

Please fix the crash when the memory usage goes up to 610-620 MB. ArmA 2 ALWAYS crashes when it reaches that much memory usage.

It's getting really, really annoying. 90% of my crashes are because of that.

EDIT:

Also... THIS!

I've love it if you fix this too.

BIS, please launch your own game and see how many bugs you have. I think it is useless to write about same bugs for the 6th time :)

there is one, the biggest bug in game - the engine of the game :D - it is clearly seen with great AI amount in the mission.

in most games, more AI - more is CPU/GPU load, it tries to reach 100%, but in Arma2 the situation is opposite: more AI, less CPU usage...

it seems that all the CPU work is "sleep 0.01;" with 100000x times (i have seen this in all your pseudo-code scripts... I'm afraid of what could i see in game's code in C++ or in what are you writing it) .....which makes it lag...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91860&highlight=multicore&page=3

Edited by -=Grunt=-

perhaps its mentioned before.

Now these day's we got major flatscreens 22 to 27", but still when u are in the mission select screen u hardly see mission details:

arma2_missionselect.jpg

Perhaps its possible to expand this.

So make mission name wider, so u can read more in mission select screen.

And 2nd remark: a bigger list with connected users. Now u can only see a few depending on the nickname length

Please update the graphic of the 1911 to have the hammer cocked back at all times like this:

sf2.jpg?t=1264869270

The 1911 is a single action pistol and will ONLY fire if the hammer is back. It won't fire if the hammer is forward like the m9, makarov, etc. Also, there are 8 and 10 round magazines for the 1911 now, so an 8 round capacity instead of 7 would also be very nice :)

perhaps its mentioned before.

Now these day's we got major flatscreens 22 to 27", but still when u are in the mission select screen u hardly see mission details:

I see this issue with many games since I'm @2560x1600.

It doesn't actually "bug" me though.

fix multiplayer stuck at "receiving" bug

fix Windows 7 64bit bug where game window closes, unable to open it again but game still running under Task Manager and consuming resources.

i also agree with the AI pinpointing you even though its night and they dont have NVG, AI seems to be more related with Vicinity than anything, even when prone with vegatation behind me when i was pretty far from the Enemy NPC's they started to react to me anyway. Trying t be stealthy in this game just doesnt seem to work at the moment.

also fixing Squad AI so they dont go charging into open ground when hey have access to cover would be nice. Also stopping them running into the middle of the enemy would be nice also. I had carefully set up an ambush, positioned my men back in strategic points but as soon as i allow them to go weapons live they all stand up from prone and go running into the enemys, giving away their position, advantage and making themselves easy targets.

Edited by Leopoldo

I'd like to see a scripting command getIndentity so that a unit's identity could be returned instead of just set..

fix a tank fire control system.When the tank moves,

the horizontal amendment operates not correctly,in wrong direction!

Edited by Armored

I have just one suggestion. Players that are not group leaders need the ability to se the names of other players. This is essential for tactical teamplay.

Apart from bugs there are several things that need to be changed IMO:

1. Rudder controls on aircraft need to work better, at normal flight speeds they are useless and almost non-responsive. I have played other sims like Lock On and black Shark, and there you could actually turn using the rudder, why not in ArmA 2?

2. Reloads--when you fire 19 rounds out of 20 and change the mag you should have 21 rounds in your gun (20 in the mag + one still in the chamber), but you get 20.

3. Reload animations--why can't we have propper realod and bolt action animation for each weapon? Obviously ArmA's 1st and 3rd person model is the same but they have done it in Project Reality on the 3rd person models so it is possible.

4. Some damage model for vehicles would be nice, even a changed texture, maybe at least smoke comming from the damaged chopper after we accidently crash into a tree and manage to land.

A createVehicle command array that lets you set the direction of the object BEFORE the object's init is run. Will help with the spawning of certain custom objects.

(Oh, and if this can already be done, somebody tell me how!) :D