Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

Arma 2 1.06 Patch Suggestions

Hi guys! I have a little question...i searched for it but never found a solution. Hope you can help me.

I don't know if it is a bug or I just don't know how to do it, but when i order my squad to "watch there" (with the alt-spacebar menu, if i remember well) they keep watch that point until the end of the mission (or their death, obviously); i mean, i can tell them to "watch there" another point, or target someone, but there's no way to restore the default "watch where you want" behaviour; and when they'll have no target assigned, they will start watching again the point i previously ordered to watch.

It's extremely disappointing, because you have to keep saying them where to look for enemies, and if you are in an APC and you pass the point the gunner were watching he starts turning the turret backwards, and all this kind of chaotic things.

Is there a command I don't know or it's just a feature missing?

Thanks for the advice..

a trailer script...... therefor giving us the ability to move arty pieces with vehicles

and the fire bug issue... when joining late, after a vehicle is destroyed there is a large area or massive fire coming from a single object making game play hard

Obviously ArmA's 1st and 3rd person model is the same but they have done it in Project Reality on the 3rd person models so it is possible.

I don't remember Project Reality being on the same engine as ArmA2?

When games run on a different engine, it's a whole other ball game and you can't even compare them.

1. For first person driving in tanks. Please allow us to look inside the tank if that is possible with freelook. Also could you let us use the other view ports. For example a M1A1 Abrams driver seat has 3 view ports. -one looking infront of the tank, -one at 45 degrees left of the tank and one at 90 degrees left of the tank.

2. Fix the bug for towers and high buildings where you can walk through the railings and fall to your death.

3. Is it possible to implement waves and wakes in the water after a boat has been on them or is the water part of the map and is a solid object?

4. Increase the amount of sound channels so that when you fire a rapid ordinance weapon your sound doesnt die out momentarily?

5. Increase the timer for grass when its crushed to standing back up again. So that people sniping or shooting have a longer period and better view to shoot from prone. Also it means people can possibly track enemies down with the dents left in the grass? (which leads onto point 6).

6. Tracks and footprints. Obviously on roads/concrete there wont be tracks but a heavy vehicle going through soil could leave marks as well as treaded vehicles. Soldiers could also leave footprints on soft soil/sand , wet foot marks near water.

Thankyou for allowing me this oppurtunity to post my suggestions.

---

I don't remember Project Reality being on the same engine as ArmA2?

When games run on a different engine, it's a whole other ball game and you can't even compare them.

I meant that you see proper reload animation on 3rd person models in PR. I know that ArmA has a different engine, but if proper 3rd person reload anims are possible on BF engine, than with ArmA's engine this also should not be a huge issue. It just looks weird to see all those great movement animation and then you get that strange reload thing, not to mention lack of proper bolt action guns anims.

Of course bug fixes should come first. For example with 1.5 there is some issues with cutscenes - in the intro there are paratroopers frozen in the air - they start descending only after the plane that is to drop them passes by. I did not experience this with 1.2.

Make it so you can lower sidearms like with rifles. Why is this not implemented? When you are nly carrying a pistil it seems unrealistic that it has to constantly raised.

As I've said before and others have as well:

WE NEED RCON IMPLEMENTED INTO THE DEDICATED SERVERS!

I heard that the O2 tools from BIS, lower texture quality when importing them into the game, dunno if this is true I dont do any modding, but I heard from others, if true I would like to see a solution to this.

I notice alot of really low resolution textures on weapon models and such made into mods they look better before being imported into arma 2.

gameplay refinements like Rocket launchers and they need realism.

LOD issues i think zooming shouldnt affect LOD switching its really annoying to see a whole group of trees that are completely blobs of green paint blurred and then when I zoom they look normal this is also only at a couple hundred meters, very pathetic.

Chernarus is still pretty much unplayable for me, in large cities and forests get 20 or below, I upgraded to a 9800gt oc ive only seen improvement on Utes such a shame.

um AI not following leader, and not disengaging automatically when told to follow or move thats a breaker.

fix the z-fighting

+1

smoother LOD

+1

vote ;)

¦

v

I have already voted for almost everything on dev heaven :lol:

Alot of work needs to be done with the engine.

Edit: Been teaching myself some more texture crap, Z-fighting is escentially clipping planes, lol I thought you were talking about joysticks or something. DOH!

lol, I would really love that if it was fixed, its annoying to see it on character models all the time! see if i can vote again its been a while :)

Edited by Flash Thunder

i was joking about pink menu and pokemons, now seriously

new (since Arma2) medic usage is horrible

yesterday i made myself easy mission

i used to play sometimes in editor, i am putting 4 squads and concquer one, second city with my platoon

and i was few times wounded and bleeded , although i had 2 medics in my platoon

i was not able to order them to heal me

in OFP or A1 i was just near medic, cross appearing and option "heal at medic"

now it is horror

i cannot order my own guy to heal me :(

i order him to heal my teammates

he crawls 10 minutes to bleeding soldier

if there is a other friendly soldier medi - oooo my goooood, i cannot order him to heal men and i die lying next to 3 medicians

i am pushing "5-1" "status need medic, action call medic" and there is "HQ, no suport available" and .. 3 medics 5 meters from me and i bleed to death :(

please bring back way it was in OFP/Arma 1 and other games

i played twice coop missions, i had 2 medics in squad - i died bleeding few minutes crawling on ground without beeing able to move) and medic was few meters from me, i simply couldn't order him, nor action available

please bring back the OFP way of "healing"

Graphical Options and drop-down boxes similar to ArmA 1.
? help me here?

You don't like the "Advanced" Graphix options?

I love it. Except for the fact that those options should always be visible. Do anyone ever go to graphics screen without opening the advanced section?

server filter option to see if server game using mods and what kind off mods are installed

option to download mods/addons from server ore for server host to set links on were to get tham out of game

getting way to must unable to connect is dependable to downloadable bla bla :( i really hate that message

it’s really makes this game bate (on MP part) and really frustrating there are so many mods and small add-ons

for this game and no easy way to install them :( ore so see what severs have installed on it

off the 20 severs that have ppl in 16 got mods I don’t have installed ore to se what the have installed on it

this is the biggest problem atm ( at least that what i think)

Edited by defqon

AI don't get out of some helicopters when damaged if they land softly also a add favorite section from multiplayer server list would be nice

Fix the height at which heli's attack ground targets, they almost always get shot down when they attack at 50 meters height.

A way to remove actions (which were added by addaction) by their string. So, in situations where multiple related addactions need to be processed, once one is triggered, you can remove the other ones without knowing what their index values are. :)

1. Make the "Illuminant Tower" actually illuminate things. It just sits there looking silly at the moment.

2. Teach the AI to use smoke grenades, or add some sort of "Smoke 'em" command similar to suppressive fire.

after some playing (SP) in Arma2 i am getting angry

many times i bleed to death because i cannot call medic

in OFP and Arma1 there was such option as "heal at medic", no more in A2

i cannot make medic 5 meters from me to heal me (he is from other squad)

i have my own medic - i cannot order him to heal me

i died in some SP missions cause... i was not able to use medic

i could order my medic to heal my team mates, but not me :(

and bug number 2

AI have problems with using machineguns (static as KORD)

i made mission:

triger makes AI soldiers from base to get in KORDs when enemy squad is spoted

they not fire

only when i will told my teammates AI to get in KORD/DSHK they fire

when AI is not from my team they aim but not fire to enemy

--------

edit

i just died in mission

i had 2 medics in my squad

i was not able to order them to heal me, i was shot one time... minute later second time

third time done the job :(

horrible BUG of this game :( in OFP and ARMA1 it was how it should be

i select medic unit, when i use mouse - on other wounded i have this symbol of 8 arms star, not on "player" :(

Edited by vilas

I'd want a campaign where I am a man with a gun. Not the man or men, but a man. I want to be just a simple soldier, doing his duty in a war led by raging diplomats. Not the leader of a 12 man squad, nor a commando or anything special ops like that. That's how OFP was like.

I want to be glad I killed at least one enemy, that I did not need to be the hero who killed a hundred and died for heroism, but got trough the deaths of all those fine people around me, alive.

I did my duty, and I'm ready to head home for a cuppa tea and R&R. The true drama, it's important.

And I'd really like it if one could skip all of the "movie" sequences or at least speed up time during these events.

Thankie.

I have one suggestion - the turning speed of tracked vehicles should be slower, so the AI would turn not the whole tank or APC to the enemy so quickly.