Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

Arma 2 1.06 Patch Suggestions

I would like a move command that with which you can order units to move a certain distance (perhaps a selection of 5-6 predefined distances i.e. 25,50,75,100,150 & 200m) forward but they would remain "In formation".

Like "2-3, move, 100m forward" and then they would move in

a straight line to their move order destination.

as it is now you have to point and click with the mouse.

Which means you usually have to move around to specify the

move destination for each one in your squad.

Player orders units 5 and 4 first to move 100m forward then 25m forward

units 3 and 2, first to move 50m forward then to move 75m forward.

When all 4 units have finished moving they would still be in the same place

in the formation as they were before they started to move.

Visual example:

5--------->X--->X

3----->X------->X

1 (player)------->X

2---->X-------->X

4--------->X--->X

I would like to say that planes usually fly at much higher heights than the game presents them, It is not realistic to have AI shot down by a machine gun.

Also, some sort of option to have a vehicle and infantry coordinate actions would be nice, as well as a Special Forces module that made AI always obey your directions to the letter.

BIS please fix the speed at which rockets travel, I always get shot across the utes island by an AI AT gunner and I can only hear the rocket for a split second, im traveling at 40Mph so I doubt he could pull that off, also no drop?

Rockets travel at the speed of light in this game, I expect a fix soon, its been here for ever and its annoying when you're patrolling in an AAVP just to be randomly blown to smithereens! :)

EDIT

Giving tanks zero fuel, means when close to them, you will constantly hear it turn off and on its engine, and it sounds like its moving even though theres ZERO fuel.

When giving engage orders, I should be able to shoot, in otherwords please remove the delay when the player does the hand signal, and allow me to shoot when ordered instead of 3 seconds after when they're already gone.

Edited by Flash Thunder

useful status reports, i usually know where my men are, if they need to tell you they are in another grid square i suppose something is very wrong with your squad cohesion

keep the location report by all means but add injury, weapon and ammunition status please!

please correct the trigger side holding position for dmr. it's kinda irritating :) models hold it like there's no pistol grip there. but there is :)

add variable -ip for specify ip in multiplayer server ,too many provider of gameserver search this variable for add arma2 server linux in panel of games

1. An easier way to remove and add addons so you don´t have to use the modfolder procedure.

2. And if its possible an option in the order menu that mekes it possible to easily contact a nearby helo and ask for pickup and that the pilots react to smoke grenades. what i mean with the smoke grenades is that if you ak for pickup they need to see a smoke grenade and you have to say the color and such.

Please forgive me for my bad english:( i hope it won´t bother anyone.

Make it so you can lower sidearms like with rifles. Why is this not implemented? When you are nly carrying a pistil it seems unrealistic that it has to constantly raised.

Being able to holster a pistol would be useful too, as would putting a rifle on the sling on your back as standard - neither would be hard, surely, but would be useful around base for the various squads around while in briefings, etc. The Holster Pistol would be very useful for pilots, such as myself - I'd hardly draw my pistol around the main base and the holster is showing as empty the whole time. Having both hands free might also be more useful when in certain terrain (seeing a soldier climbing up a rocky cliff might be pretty damned cool, tbh).

Can we also get custom helmets as well as faces? As a pilot, I'd like to vary my helmet skin to help to ID our pilots from the side or rear (let's face it, passengers can't really see a whole lot from the rear of a heli, except the back of the pilot and copilot's helmet). I wouldn't mind if it was just a logo or text, like the squad XML logos we've got now, but per player.

What I think they should do in the patch is get some goddamn real reload animations I love guns and this is a war sim the guns should be realistic including reload animations makes it feel that much more realistic and at its current state makes the game look very unfinished.

1. OFP type medic healing.

2. HDR and Blur adjustment sliders - colour sliders would be nice too.

3. Tanks to be like OFP in the way interiors are visible, view modes work and command system - as a soldier sim OFP was a very decent Tank sim but ARMA2 is rubbish for tank ops (same holds for helicopters too - but I won't go there) - it's beyond me why they screwed so many things they had perfect in OFP....

What I think they should do in the patch is get some goddamn real reload animations I love guns and this is a war sim the guns should be realistic including reload animations makes it feel that much more realistic and at its current state makes the game look very unfinished.

+10000

I make a ticket for this:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6891

Tanks to be like OFP in the way interiors are visible, view modes work and command system

Just wait for usermade addon packs which are around the corner(can't tell from who right now).;)

1)The AI should categorize the known enemys. Often a tank attacks enemy inf and an enemy tank appears on the battlefield. Instead of attacking this new, bigger threat, the tank keeps on shooting on the inf!

2) Damaged vehicles explode too fast.

3) A damaged M1 explodes the same way a T90 does. But there's a big difference between them. The M1 has a seperate ammo storage and a direct hit into the ammo does not necessarily destroys the whole tank. There are so called blowout panels! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Abrams

The russian tanks don't have this.

Add a command that can check the information you can see on the multiplayer score board and possibly another that can manipulate it. It would make custom scores so much easier, for example when you don't want to include destroying vehicles (which might be empty) in the score.

As you allready can definde custom sounds, radio, music and identities in the description.ext file I would also like to have the ability to definde custom markers, icons, groups , units ect...

This way you'll easily be able to create your custom "whatever" in the missionfolder instead of making a whole new addon...

Alright just did some more AI testing, running the game at a constant 30FPS, so frame rate cant be the problem anymore. Experiencing AI being able to see through objects and buildings, there barrels follow my every move, without me exposing myself, or making hardly any noice.

Please look into this.

T90's main cannon pivot needs to be fixed, currently can look right through the tank and at the ground see the bugs thread in troubleshooting, i posted a picture there.

Higher 3D resolution like 150%+ equals More Tree'es with HIGHER LOD, at 100% below trees have extremely low LOD at close distance like 800 meters, check the troubleshooting thread and my latest post.

Please add an Ambience Sound option under Audio, so its Radio, Effects and Music.

G36C is still messed up while aiming, the bullet goes lower then where the aimpoint is.

Fix the inability to shoot m203's and tank cannons through small shrubs and leaves, currently they explode on impact.

Fix the launchers, their damage values, the reload time, perhaps the interface for the javelin and some preperation time before firing, make them feel less "simple to use"

Not able to enter the Igla Pod after 1.05, no option to get on it.

Windows for interface bigger, so we can read the entire mission name, and all the other properties before clicking and joining.

AI ROE needs some simple work, 1 guy should never engage more than 6 people by themselves at close range.

A cool small addition adding gloves to the character customization, I would really love to put some gloves on my character, hands are getting torn up here BIS using those HMG'S all the time. :p

It might just be me, but is the Moon really small in this game?? I love playing at 5am while making missions etc, it would be nice if the moon was alittle bit bigger and more luminous is you look at it without Post Process effects, like I said might just be me. Night time looks awesome in Arma2.

(EDIT) When using Night Vision Goggles, they should use the grain effect "film grain" without the need of having to enable Post Process, the little fuzziness in the quality makes the NVG's feel more real. right now unless HIGH PP effects are enabled they are very clean and crisp.

AI in aware mode, are too "aware" I think I found on the issues, with the AI as I state above being able to hear well and see through buildings etc.

Please add Xfire video/chat support aswell, I would love to film some videos, I dont got Fraps pro plus its hard on Frame rates, which I need more of.

(EDIT)

The splash damage on the Cobras cannon and alot of the cannon weapons in this game need massive splash damage increase and improved collision detection with AI, times where I have shot AI multiple times directly with cobra cannon or the M2A1's main cannon, and no damage inflicted on the AI.

Player should be able to move while switching weapons.

Cannot see bullet impacts at a certain distance making it really hard to try and compensate.

Still have alot of stutter in small villages on Chernarus, that map is a nightmare on any setting, tons of popup, z-fighting, frame rate drops that are very consistent when nothing is going on, when 20+ AI enter the picture its unplayable, since that AI frame rate issue with the RV engine, them not working properly when experiencing low frame rates 25 below.

KA-52 Pylons gun should have a bigger pivot than 5 degrees...

Edited by Flash Thunder

I think BIS should improve AKs ironsight: someone posted some time ago how AKs ironsights should look (with images too) but I can't find that post...did someone make a ticket for that?

I would like it if the free look in 3rd person in aircraft's revolved around the plane rather then the horizon or whatever it spins around right now. It is so annoying when the camera gets stuck in weird angles when you are manoeuvring.

cannot delete

Edited by Vick
no delete option offtopic

I'd like to see the AI improved. Maybe so they can take cover more and move faster, at the moment they just take forever. I'd also like to see a "rush" type of movement, for example if you want your guys to take a hill and not just stand there getting mowed down by MGs or for SWAT style situations.

I would like a move command that with which you can order units to move a certain distance (perhaps a selection of 5-6 predefined distances i.e. 25,50,75,100,150 & 200m) forward but they would remain "In formation".

Like "2-3, move, 100m forward" and then they would move in

a straight line to their move order destination.

as it is now you have to point and click with the mouse.

Which means you usually have to move around to specify the

move destination for each one in your squad.

Player orders units 5 and 4 first to move 100m forward then 25m forward

units 3 and 2, first to move 50m forward then to move 75m forward.

When all 4 units have finished moving they would still be in the same place

in the formation as they were before they started to move.

Visual example:

5--------->X--->X

3----->X------->X

1 (player)------->X

2---->X-------->X

4--------->X--->X

Already possible. Order your troops to ADVANCE (Fx, 1--2) This will move them forwards by 50 meter increments. And yes. They will attempt to remain in formation.

Use withdraw for the opposite functionality.

-k

Fix the fire command so your soldier doesn't aim up when he gets the command. It would have lots of cool uses if it didn't have that strange and useless feature.