Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Patch 1.05 Satisfaction Survey

How satisfied are you with patch 1.05 overall?  

479 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with patch 1.05 overall?

• Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

Definitely the best patch to date.

I can't say it exceeded my expectations since I've been using the beta patches extensively so I sort of knew what to expect fix-wise even though some have been added since. Haven't tried the new mini-campaign though.

I'm over the moon that this little gem:

[59691] Improved: Small hit be ignored by hitpoints (configurable by minimalHit)

is now proerly implemented on some of the vehicles, and in in a form that'll makes it universal to everyone in the community's copy of ArmA2. The possibilities it creates for us addon makers with armoured vehicles in progress is phenominal. Finally tanks can be immune to bullets!

I still think BIS need to work a little bit on the balancing of minimalhit though; since some vehicles that should be invulnerable to .50 cal aren't (T-90) and some of the medium/light armoured vehicles that should probably be invulnerable to 7.62 aren't either. Personally I reckon it MBTs should be immune to lower-powered RPG warheads as well - but I dare say it should be up to community initiatives so that players can choose where the balance lies between realism and gameplay with AT weapons and armour as it can be a decisive factor in the way you play.

Apache looks better than I expected from the early OA screens. Really glad we have that machine back in the official BIS arsenal.

I voted great, though i had hoped issues like...

AI medics takes forever to give medical attention when in combat or an enemy's position is known.

AI still attacks armor with small arms which often gets you killed.

AI still attack footsoldiers with AT weapons so when you need them you got none left.

AI sometimes hit friendlies which are in line of fire. This also happens when AI fire at the same time they do an animation like going from prone to stand or the other way around.

...would have been fixed before releasing the patch :)

But all in all i'm very happy with the patch :cool:

LOL I JUST SAW THE FUNNIEST SHIT! I just saw an AI run, do a flip & dive for cover while playing the EW campaign omg that was funny as hell. Is this a new feature?

LOL I JUST SAW THE FUNNIEST SHIT! I just saw an AI run, do a flip & dive for cover while playing the EW campaign omg that was funny as hell. Is this a new feature?

Hehe, I saw that as well, but I thought it was just my eyes screwing with me. Also I noticed the sidestep animation being used once. But I guess they are only scripted moves. Haven't gone too deep into the mission files yet.

The patch is overall really cool, loving the mini campaign and the apache ..

But we wanted car horns being broadcasted in MP :SpiningDemon:

So i´m going with the second poll option, still satisfied, but hoped for more.

M1A1 suffers no damage to mobility or gun from M2 Machine Gun, T-90 can be taken out by a suprise flank attack from a HUMVEE. I assume it hasn't been fixed for T-72 either... which means OPFOR has no serious armor in the entire game, you're better off using a BMP3.

This bug has massive influence on any kind of WARFARE type game, especially playing against humans. If my entire 12000 Rubels worth Platoon of T-90 can be taken out by a few lucky Humvees costing 400 each, what's the point of using tanks?

I'm also disappointed that this was not fixed. Fundamental problems like this should be fixed ASAP, not wait around on the backburner. It ruins any mission with soviet tanks, which is the vast majority of them!

The patch did in fact improve performance for me, but there are some other issues that cropped up after installing the patch that weren't there before.

Warfare modes now lag quite a bit for me now, and sometimes it takes a couple of mouse clicks to get a structure to build. Commanding units is a little sluggish as well (this was being tested in single player).

I voted the patch as, "Good."

I am very pleased with the new campaign, improved performance in large cities, and the streamlining of warfare mode as well as the new (tweaked) warfare interfaces and a host of new options.

I can't even get mine installed as it keeps saying my D- drive that it's installed on, is almost full when I have 1.83 gigs still left. How much HD space is needed to install it? Is it looking at my C drive instead? I should also mention that I have the horrific DVD burner bug on the damn copy protection on my legit 505 disk so maybe that has something to do with it not being able to install. I hope someone can help me with this issue.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

Edited by Miles Teg

man I wish all of red harbest had a "feeling" like EW has, the weather module + the way everything looks = so bad ass. Ashame EW couldnt have been any longer.

I'm also disappointed that this was not fixed. Fundamental problems like this should be fixed ASAP, not wait around on the backburner. It ruins any mission with soviet tanks, which is the vast majority of them!

The weird thing is that Suma was aware of this from the betas, and said the only reason it wasn't fixed in them was that they did not want to put out the large file tracked.pbo in the beta downloads. By all means he expected this to be fixed with full 1.05 but it seems totally unchanged.

From his explanation the MinimalHit value had a default setting which worked for some vehicles (M1A1) right out of the box but not for others, so they needed to set specific values for T-90 and deploy them via tracked.pbo in the patch.

Maybe one of the Devs will look into this, it's a known problem and has already a solution framework implemented.

hmm looks like iam only 1 who comments and say its bad:(, i get no fps lift nothing changes rly and the the apache (thats the only thing that made me come back to arma 2 when i heard about it) model is good and pilot controls BUT the gunners optics or what is that is completly wrong its cobras sight not apache, u can see apaches sights everywhere on utube:confused: how is it possible that u .......argggghhh:mad:, oh well back to A1.

I loved the campaign, finally one that sucked me in like OFP did.... until the PC restarted (think it overheated, its summer in Australia and ArmA does force the PC to work hard :P)

Good performance but there's an audio issue:

Config:

Creative labs sound blaster audigy 2 value (last drivers) + logitec x530 5.1 speakers

Windows 7 64-bit

AMD Athlon 4800+ X2

4GB RAM

Radeon 3870 512MIB (last drivers)

If I set 24-bit audio and 96KHz (I use those settings as default) the audio is horrible: it's like a jumbo with a microphone in a britney spears concert (I thing all u guys can understand me in this way, notwithstanding mi crappy English). .---.

Setting 16-bit 48KHz everything runs fine.

I've done many test and I see that the problem is the "24-bit audio", I don't no why ArmA 2 doesn't like it, every game I have has non audio problems if i set 24-bit audio (and if an application has a 16-bit audio there are no problem because the audio driver run 16 audio trace, doesn't care if it is 24-bit sets-up). With 16-bit and 96-KHz there are no problems.

I try use the same settings (24-bit 96KHz) for the integrate audio card, it's an ALC 880 HD Audio, last drivers, and I don't have this 24-bit issue.

So it seems it's a issue only with 24-bit audio settings and the creative audio cards (maybe only with Audigy 2, I don't know with X-FIs..)

Another problem: sometimes I get mouse lagging in the main menu...

Edited by DarkRadeon

When using Windows 7 thru Boot Camp on a 2.26GHz MacBook Pro, I saw significant frame rate increases.

Thanks BIS.

I like the improved driving and the mini-campaign,also I got some extra fps in towns.I've noticed that choppers will actually now go where you tell them instead of hovering for miles and stop when ordered to.

Didn't yet test their survival rate against the sniper machinegunners or if Hinds actually target armor(without the help of mods) but for now I'm satisfied with the patch.

Performance increase seems minimal if at all to me. Maybe a bit smoother but hardly noticeable. On the other hand the AI is far better and EW is awesome. Hoped for more regarding performance but overall I'm impressed.

Great news, I've been looking forward to the new official patch ever since I heard the Apache and the new Warfare game mode would be included. I always play with the latest beta so I'm already used to the performace increase. I'm at work now and ready to go home, can't wait to try out the Apache campaign.

In the beta patches I noticed a huge performance increase regarding stuttering while in towns and while flying. Somebody in this thread complained about the 1.05 patch performing worse than the beta. I can hardly believe it and hope it's not true. I was already very happy about the accomplishments in the beta patches and although I haven't tested the 1.05 patch yet, I'm sure it'll be a very successful release if it includes all the fixes from the beta.

Thanks for the patch BIS and have a very merry Christmas, you've deserved it!

Edited by King Haggis
typo

Overall I'm pleased with the patch. Although I would really like to see performance issues addressed. As a sandbox environment for making missions I am reasonably happy with the performance but the Harvest Red campaign turns into a slide show. I'm guessing this is down to the number of AI units and excessive scripting, but I would love to be able to play it with a decent frame rate. I had good performance playing EW so it just goes to show that A2 missions/campaigns can be can be fun and provide immersion without bringing a mid range PC to its knees.

Edited by stun

Let's get some voting for 1.05 going on :)

1.04 poll is here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89018

Well done , the game is more "smooth" / "fluid" , nice improvement !!

Textures appears more faster when you respawn in the middle of Chernogorsk , same when you fly low over the city .

The grass is better to , I've got less grass poping up and out !

For the AI I can't tell , i play with ACE 2 and it looks like it they might have done some change on it , but I'm not fully sure of that !

Just maybe one thing with AI , it's impossible to back-up and hide once you have shot ( with or without SD ) . They always know where you are and they S&D like sentry's , I've been shoot by tanks true houses many times :confused:

Anyway , that patch has bring some good improvement for my game , congratz !!

(P.S: My english is poor sorry , hope you can understand)

For some reason I get terrible performance in certain parts of Eagle Wing, I'm talking FPS in the teens. Other than that I guess performance feels a little better, now BIS should work on making trees not cause such a performance hit.