Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

I've got question related to gas mask feature. Dunno if there was anything about it before. Anyways, I tried to change that config file (maybe I did something wrong) but gas mask just wont work...

Also I've noticed that AA gun (turret) on Vulcan is not rotating when shooting (in case you didn't notice that...)

guys, unless you learn the updater and use it , you won't get any future updates.

Not entirely true, you can use Yomas addon sync & wait for updates from KH :P

guys, unless you learn the updater and use it , you won't get any future updates. you will still need to go through the whole process and do the download from scratch even if you had downloaded it before as a .7z, so, might as well get over it once and for all, sort it out and end of problems. These guys work for free so let's not play customer and demand things like we paid for it. These guys made it this way for a good reason and although it took me whole night to sort it out, I know I need to accept it if I want to enjoy its pleasures. Necessary evil.

Those of you feeling strongly that they are doing wrong then you should check out other mods elsewhere, you didn't pay for ACE mod anyways.

Than please, if you don't mind, share your knowledge on how exactly you got it to work.I followed the method listed. I installed the updater. Ran it and it now also tells me that a clientside config file is missing. Yet, both Ace folders are in the Six-Updater folder. I also deleted the previous CBA file I had and downloaded and reinstalled it again and nothing changes. I continue to receive the clientside config error.

Funny about that comment on "poor documentation". People keep repeating the same answers here again and again - no one bothers to read those or the wiki.

EASA module - you have to GET OUT OF THE PLANE, GO TO THE TRAILER, AND PICK YOUR WEAPONS LOAD-OUT - wait a few moments for the armaments to be added to the pylons. Use a tow vehicle to move your plane close to and away from the trailer if needed.

Interaction and the right windows button. US and German keyboards have a different notion of what that keycode is - left or right, so you can't win documenting what the default is. Don't have a windows button? Remap it using the instructions in the lousy FAQ.

Loading CSW - works like a charm if you have the correct ammo and treat the CSW the same way you'd interact with an ammo crate ( stand back a bit and look at it ).

How to use goggles - read that poorly written FAQ again.

Sight adjustments - keys binds are listed in that poorly written "Features of ACE2" wiki page and again in the even worse key bindings table. Surprisingly - the keys actually work if you press them while holding a weapon with adjustable sights in zoom mode.

Wind measurement - works great. I can routinely rapid-fire a M-24 at 5 men 500m away in stormy conditions and drop all five after gauging the wind.

Why custom updater vs SVN? Sickboy tried that angle and it did not scale well for large binary files - that's why.

Why are we using the windows keys in the first place? Because the game is running out of free keys, trying to access critical functions via a long action menu does not work well, and we are trying to improve the ergonomics with a radial menu UI. But you can't please everyone all the time, sorry to say.

Than please, if you don't mind, share your knowledge on how exactly you got it to work.I followed the method listed. I installed the updater. Ran it and it now also tells me that a clientside config file is missing. Yet, both Ace folders are in the Six-Updater folder. I also deleted the previous CBA file I had and downloaded and reinstalled it again and nothing changes. I continue to receive the clientside config error.

Brother, all I did was follow the instructions on the wiki. nothing more. startup, hit 1, go to some weird website, hit config, hit beta, hit edit, put in ace and acex and then save and go to main, select update and install and then execute and then the program starts downloading a ton of things into my computer. No hiccups.

Did you read and follow the instructions on their wiki in the first place? Be warned, this program is NOT intuitive! You CANNOT run it like a normal program and hope it sort itself out. Not going to happen. You need to follow the steps STRICTLY.

have you moved your userconfig folder from \ArmA2\@ACE into \ArmA2\?

you need to create a new folder inside the moved userconig called ACE, and drop all the .hpp files in there

final path for those hpp files should be:

\ArmA2\userconfig\ACE\

IE:

F:\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp

F:\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_keys.hpp

F:\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ACE_serverconfig.hpp

F:\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ACE_Tracking.hpp

No i had not. But funny enough they where still there when i looked. And still, Nothing works.

Not entirely true, you can use Yomas addon sync & wait for updates from KH :P

Your CSC stats ROCK! (sorry for irrelevant post but I AM impressed! :) )

You guys did a Great job on the mod and still are doing a good job updating it.

However just plan out a much more easy way to download install then play/test concept a little more easier for you fans. Most people have problems trying to install it. Just like me. Your guys 6 Updater method was way to much for me to understand. Lucky thanks to Yoma's Addon Sync 2009 and help form kellys-heroes. I was able to get it started.

Quots from Armed Assault .org users found in the comments of the news

Ruhisu: I don't know how to install this :(
dkennedy: Updater realy sux. In what century created this? :))

My Conclusion. You guys are great and all, just plan out an easier if not much more detailed installation instructions. The only thing you guys gave us was how to updated it.

Where can we report bugs and make suggestions?:

When you are wearing the gasmask and look at the map, you still get the overlay (constrained view) thing, so coords, objectives etc are unreadable.

Your CSC stats ROCK! (sorry for irrelevant post but I AM impressed! :) )

haha little off topic :P but thanks none the less ;) I really wish they would add a ranking system like this to Arma 2 some how :(

can any one help, i downloaded all the files there in my six updater and they are installed there and on the website link you go to but i press 23 to start the game and it says

starting the game with -nosplash -nofilepatching -mod@Cba;@Ace;@Acex

Warning: somthing went wrong starting app: beta/arma.exe

how can i sort this out ?

Damm, ACE is awesome, but its gonna be hard to make campaigns and missions compatible with it. Just tested a mission in my new Seal Team Six campaign where you have to infiltrate an airfield undetected. Without ACE everything works fine. With ACE the enemy can spot you hundreds of feet away without night vision goggles in the dark. Sadly it's lookin like it wont be compatible with my new campaigns. I read somewhere that ACE is primarily a multi player mod. Is this true?

Why are we using the windows keys in the first place? Because the game is running out of free keys, trying to access critical functions via a long action menu does not work well, and we are trying to improve the ergonomics with a radial menu UI. But you can't please everyone all the time, sorry to say.

In the spirit of outrageous demands -time for you guys to release a new ACE-style Keyboard as well!

Seriously though, this mod is amazing. It's like a giant bag of gifts in that you have fun but then keep reaching in and find something else to knock your socks off.

Love the sounds- is that gun echo new?

I have the mod working on my system and now need to get it working on our servers. I've spent the last couple of hours trolling for information on getting it to work. I need help to get this working on our dedicated servers. If anyone is able to assist and can connect to our team speak server at 203.14.173.91:8807 I would really appreciate it. I'm going nuts.

Thanks,

Tromac

I read somewhere that ACE is primarily a multi player mod. Is this true?

No. It is obviously made with MP in mind but the features in ACE are SP compatible. There may be some things for MP only but all the good stuff on the BIKI is SP.

The missions will definitely have to be tweaked for maximum benefit but hell it's worth it. I've spent all doing converting one of mine. It's actually a lot of fun to test the new features. I'm throwing as much as I can. I bet the campaign is gonna take a while to convert. Good luck!

ACE TEAM: Where do I tweak in order to enable sound mods? In ACE1, its in the config but I can't find anything related to that in the config this time round.

Fantastic work done guys! :) Since ACE1, you guys have made yourself the mod to end all mods (although I still use other sound mods as I am VERY particular about sound) and ACE2 beta is no exception. Great work!

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Just wanted to say to the whole ACE mod crew a fantastic and well done job ! Appreciate much of the new content the mod has placed in-game and i would say has made it alot more live. Am looking forward to seeing future updates for ACE !

Brother, all I did was follow the instructions on the wiki. nothing more. startup, hit 1, go to some weird website, hit config, hit beta, hit edit, put in ace and acex and then save and go to main, select update and install and then execute and then the program starts downloading a ton of things into my computer. No hiccups.

Just to be sure, I went back through for a third time. I've gotten the game to start, but its not running the ACE mod when it does. I went in and selected the mods, executed and than went to start the game. it loads, but just normal Arma 2, not ACE.

Did you read and follow the instructions on their wiki in the first place? Be warned, this program is NOT intuitive! You CANNOT run it like a normal program and hope it sort itself out. Not going to happen. You need to follow the steps STRICTLY.

For about an hour before I came here. i'm registered at their site, but since I saw someone else having the same issues here, I posted.

I'm getting a error message saying,

"Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found"

anyone got any ideas? I looked and I have the file in my @ACE2 modfolder. is there more I have to do than put the files in the folder? I'm a bit of a noob at anything more complex than just adding a unit to the game.

Funny about that comment on "poor documentation". People keep repeating the same answers here again and again - no one bothers to read those or the wiki..

I read 55 pages of this topic before posting. And also read the documentation that follows with the download and links on first post and didnt get any answers. But since people are repeating the same problems it must be because there isnt proper instructions.....

EASA module - you have to GET OUT OF THE PLANE, GO TO THE TRAILER, AND PICK YOUR WEAPONS LOAD-OUT - wait a few moments for the armaments to be added to the pylons. Use a tow vehicle to move your plane close to and away from the trailer if needed.

Which i have tried multiple times without anything happens. I have tried i dont know how many combos to get it to work. And as i said before why have it fixed to a hangar instead of having the abillity to easy access on a outside ramp spot.

The Exchangeable Armament System for Aircraft (EASA) allows a player to change the weapons loadout of planes and optionally helicopters during a mission. The mission designer places an EASA module on the game map - represented in-game as a large trailer. Normally the module must be located inside an hangar, but there is an option to lift that restriction.

The aircraft to be rearmed must be empty to simulate safety regulations. When near the EASA trailer you will be offer a reload action. EASA will display a window showing the type of aircraft and a set of pylons to place weapons on. Either select the default loadout for that vehicle or choose your weapons and select the custom load out. Weapons will be added to your vehicle at 20 second intervals.

This is the official instructions on how to get it to work. Which clearly tells , or not, that people have to get out of the plane so that it is nescesary for you to use capital letters :icon_ohmygod:

Interaction and the right windows button. US and German keyboards have a different notion of what that keycode is - left or right, so you can't win documenting what the default is. Don't have a windows button? Remap it using the instructions in the lousy FAQ.

Then why use the windows button if its know that it will make problems.

Loading CSW - works like a charm if you have the correct ammo and treat the CSW the same way you'd interact with an ammo crate ( stand back a bit and look at it ).

Again done that multiple times without anything happening. Tried walking in from different angels and looking at the gun in different ways.

And again to compare with what you say. the official documentation says to use the interact button where you say just to look. So if you use the documentaion that follows with the ammo you get wrong info.

And as i mentioned earlier. Why build the gun with one menu and load/reload with another. keep it simple instead.

Sight adjustments - keys binds are listed in that poorly written "Features of ACE2" wiki page and again in the even worse key bindings table. Surprisingly - the keys actually work if you press them while holding a weapon with adjustable sights in zoom mode.

"Features of ACE2" says shift + num 0 when its really shift + f. So how much did that work??

I think its oki to try new ways. I dont have a problem with that at all. But if you have a button which you from the start knows differs from keyboard to keyboard. Then why use it??? Its not the only one left???

And im not saying that there isnt any documentation. But apparently it has flaws and errors since many people have problems with same items.

Ok. ACE works but as soon as i start ACEX EVERYTHING breaks down so badly.