Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

i'm sure, i've tried anywhere, even in open ground with: this setVariable["NoHangar", 1] no trailer :(

Isn't it?:

this setVariable["NoHangar", true]

Can someone make a video of the B61 nuke? i was trying to get EASA to work but it's doesn't for me, please i would like to see cherna on fire :D

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Isn't it?:

this setVariable["NoHangar", true]

It's the same boolean 1=true

Can you say exactly which binds aren't working, and if you've rebound those keys in the ace_keys file?

I have the Userconfig files that came with the download in both the @ACE folder as well as opened in Arma2's Userconfig mostly due to confusion - so I played it safe and put them in both.

Yes, the binds that do work I have changed around and they work so it must be the right file. As I've mentioned previously, even when they work, the Shift+Whatever combination always fires the whatever key's inherent command alongside the new Ace feature. The Shift is not shutting down the base feature for that key.

That being said, Shift+F only changes my weapon or rate of fire -no CQB(changed to shift+C;no effect).

Shift+Space brings up the Command as well as weapon rests (changed to Shift+L).

Shift+H works fine with my grenades.

Window key works to talk to somebody but does not bring up that cool MG weapon crew interface.

The only thing I can think is that the @ACE did not open itself properly (although @acex did) with the installer so un-rar'ed them manually. Is it possible that there are files within these files that did not open properly? When I check the six-updater, it says alot of my @ACE files are "Not in Remote".

I think you might have to use true instead of 1 for the nohangar variable.

Try it, see if it works.

doing all the updater stuff

all i get after going through everyone ten pence worth of how to use is

'Returned Message:

The program seems to be already running. Please wait/close the other application first.

If you believe this is in error, please delete C:/Program Files/Six-Updater/six-updater.pid '

whats that all about?? no program is running....and as for the

please delete C:/Program Files/Six-Updater/six-updater.pid.. ehh! ive looked for that bugger, dont even have it as far as i can tell

so any help would be appreciated...although i dont want another link to yet another how to install via updater, as im doing that and its not working...oh and my anti virus is disabled

thanks

I think you might have to use true instead of 1 for the nohangar variable.

Try it, see if it works.

Like I said to him last page. I tried 1 and it doesn't work, true and it does. Booleen or not, I'm not lying to him.

If you log onto our server and select "Ace Training Grounds 2.00" that version has the EASA Module in and the Nuke! is awesome hehe

When I use 1. Nothing appears. When I use true it does.

Indeed :eek: The damn trailer is there :eek: i love you man :o

Wow!! I am so stoked about ACE2! Took sometime but got the updater working great and you guys are rockin on fixing some bugs!!! Keep it up and you guys rock!

A very interesting step-by-step guide in italian to get ACE 2 installed is available at:

http://sr5web.selfip.net - in the ArmA 2 section.

I hope this is of some help for my italian friends!

--

C'e' una guida in italiano ben fatta per installare ACE 2, su:

http://sr5web.selfip.net - nella sezione ArmA 2.

Spero questo possa aiutare qualcuno dei miei compaesani!

Indeed :eek: The damn trailer is there :eek: i love you man :o

No worries. I did the same thing at first. I still can't get the FARP to spawn though.

i am using arma luncher i've extracted all files from both core ace and acex into same addon folder is that good decision and is there soldier for other factions i only got blufor side with this HU HA HA realese is kinda little bit confusing??!!!

This is frustrating :(

Ok, here's what I have:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Six-Updater"

____\.rsync

________\addons

________\keys

________\mpmissions

________\userconfig

Which is just the extracted 7z files (ace, acex, cba).

In my arma folder I have nothing at all.

I followed the instructions listed, synced etc, then added the mods (ace, acex, cba) using the web method, I then selected startgame from the menu (using normal not beta, since that's what I have the mods attached to), the game starts normally. The dos window says it's loading mods @ACE, @ACEX, @CBA, is this right? There is no such thing so I think it must be wrong somehow or other. My game is stock standard ArmA2, no mods in sight.

What have I done wrong?

Edit: I'm trying to extract them into sixupdator but put them in the modfolders named after the 7z folders, hopefully this will work since it's looking for "@ACE" and x and cba.

Edited by LJF

Got the EASA module to work in the first try.

Just placed de module inside the hangar, AV-8 or A-10 in the hangar door and synched the module to me. In the A-10 works fine. In the Harrier, some weapons suffers from a little offset.

The team mean to take a time to reload the loadout (somekind of simulation) or thats a problem\bug\whatever?

EDIT:Errrnn.. No Russian weapons to load?

EDIT2: Diferent loadouts affects the fly-model of the plane? Couldn´t take off with the Frogfoot+6 MK82.

I dont managed to make IR Strobes work. Did it 1 time, but the "flash" was so weak that i could barely see. Anyone more?

Edited by Smurf

I keep getting the error message (userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found) any Ideas how to fix it cause I have found the file in my folder but it's still not loading. Is there a specific folder it needs to be in?

To the ACE team: Thank you. Your talent, time and effort are appreciated.

Outstanding work. Very well done. Again, thank you very much!

I just sincerely hope with this mod it doesn't take a full clip of ammunition to take down an enemy at 100m, like that SLX POS mod.

My 2 cents are that this mod pack should have been put as one simple .7zip file all packed up along with a simple readme file that tells you whether you need to move the user config files anywhere else and what order you need to have the folders loaded in your desktop icon launch properties. THEN...after that, Yomma's ArmA Addon Sync 2009 should have been used once several servers were established to distribute updates to the pack. Yomma's Addon Sync 2009 program is very easy to use as long as the servers with the updated files are setup properly.

That would have avoided what has been an insanely frustrating experience. You guys are brilliant in what you do, but really ya should have thought out further some of the common sense issues on distributing rather then focusing solely on beta testing and technical issues. The fact of the matter is that EVERY player has been waiting for this beta but not all of us are as technically sophisticated as you guys. So what might have made sense for your team, might be like another language for the average player. For example, I can't even find a simple readme or anything on the Wiki or other links explaining how it should be installed and run. I only found some info on installing it from the SIX updater (I used Yomma's updater instead so those instructions don't help). But that is it. Nothing about the order that the folders must be put in the desktop launch icon If anyone has a link to that info, I'd be massively appreciative.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

My thoughts exactly

I am very excited about this add-on but that installer needs some real work on the interface end if you want it to be the easy option.

I have gone with this "Yoma Tools" thing to install it.

I used too play with my german version and a trad patch but ACE's texts are in german.

Is there a possibility to have them in English ?

Thanks again for this awesome mod, like ACE for ArmA was.

@Njayjay - the ACE mod team has survived from OFP to ArmA1 and now to ArmA2 for a reason... because their mod rocks... that's really not a concern at all.

Ok now the EASA trailer is there, but when i use the action with any aircraft near it says, xxx has no weapon slot, even tried to unload all the weapons in the sea and try again, no luck :( why EASA hate me so much? :D