Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Genpatton043 & Spike 21: The answer to that is one page behind you.

OK, I created the USERCONFIG file and that error goes away. Arma 2 does start, however, ACE is not loaded. So where does one go from there?

OK, I created the USERCONFIG file and that error goes away. Arma 2 does start, however, ACE is not loaded. So where does one go from there?

Please post your entire shortcut line

Might want to start another thread for stuff not related to the installation. :D

But that said it's truly brilliant work. I install mods for almost everything I play and the ACE project and the team delivering it are as good as it gets. You guys isolate what the game needs and add it, and do so to the highest standard that I've seen for user generated content. Kudos. :D

I just tried following that to the letter. (Minus the launcher)I actually thought I had it for a second. I go through Option 2 and all looks good. Everything is downloaded. When its finished and I exit and than go back and hit 23 start game, it begins loadeding and than it stops with the "Cannot find clientside config.hpp" file again.

I really thought this might do the trick, but it doesn't look like it now/

GENPATTON,

you shouldnt need to create a user config file, a user config folder will get created for you-you have to move any user config folder you have inthere untill after the ACE install

4 things -1)be sure to wait for the whole process-it takes a while and seems to be finished, but then does some more unpacking etc. 2) try starting the mode with the shortcut thats in your ARM2 folder "Play ArmA2 with beta;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX" 3. make sure you downloaded the correct yml file (lazy way link) there is one if your using vanilla and one if your using beta 4) be sure to delete any @CBA and user config folder (i moved these out and then after all was done put back the user configs into the new one that was created. 5) try the launcher!

Edited by maj_woody

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where to put the userconfig file that came with the @ACE.7z file.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where to put the userconfig file that came with the @ACE.7z file.

put it in a file you make called userconfig, with a folder in THAT called ace. all in all it should be:

arma2/userconfig/ace/(userconfig file)

Please post your entire shortcut line

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=Beta;@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA

And actually, heres the thing. I'm going around in circles now. I saw that shortcut line a few pages back and changed it. However, now I am getting the "Error compiling Pixel Shader PSTTreeADV" message

Aussie Server up with Zeus AI

b_560x95.png

Error compiling Pixel Shader PSTTreeADV"

dude, i think your really close. I had the same error, but when i launched from ARM2 launcher I was good

Ok, I figured out how to install it. I LOVE the sniping gameplay. It is satistifying to land a shot from the new M107 from over a kilometer away. For those of you with Namalsk island, that's a shot from the tower at Seraja into Norinsk.

I can't figure out how to turn on the scope adjustment feature and weapon resting. Any tips?

GENPATTON,

you shouldnt need to create a user config file, a user config folder will get created for you-you have to move any user config folder you have inthere untill after the ACE install

4 things -1)be sure to wait for the whole process-it takes a while and seems to be finished, but then does some more unpacking etc. 2) try starting the mode with the shortcut thats in your ARM2 folder "Play ArmA2 with beta;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX" 3. make sure you downloaded the correct yml file (lazy way link) there is one if your using vanilla and one if your using beta 4) be sure to delete any @CBA and user config folder (i moved these out and then after all was done put back the user configs into the new one that was created. 5) try the launcher!

I've been waiting until the updater tells me to "Press enter to exit". As I mentioned above, this time when I went through and used the lazy configg, I saw the up[dater installing more option and files than before. I figured that was a success and I waited until I got the exit message.

I am trying the Beta config now to see if that works.

@skooma: Shift + space (weaponrest); Shift + V (Optics I believe); you might want to remap these in your userconfig/keys

@Genpatton043: Don't know man, it looks good to me. I'm using my standard Beta Launch Icon rather then the new ones created by ACE but I'm not sure whats going on with yours :confused:

Edit -wait you weren't using the Beta config? Than you shouldn't have Beta anywhere in your shortcuts and it should work.

dude, i think your really close. I had the same error, but when i launched from ARM2 launcher I was good

LMAO

I thought so too. I did as you suggested. I used my original Arma 2 shortcut, changed the path to "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=Beta;@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA

and now, when I start it, guess what I get?

The "Cannot find clientside config.hpp"

Talk about going in circles. lmao

Edited by Genpatton043

Where do I go to report bugs?

Dumping them here for now. :)

1. Dropped backpack and VHF sinks appears sunk into concrete floor. Apparently detecting the ground below, not the concrete.

2. A10 GAU firing sound is a single semi auto shot from a regular gun.

3. Can hardly stack sandbags on top of each other since the thing seems to stick too close along the top of the screen, making moving it around quite clumsy.

4. FPS was over 40 but ammo casing didn't remain rezzed on the ground. Simply disappeared.

5. Backpack stacked over existing stock backpack looks a bit wierd but I guess there's nothing you guys can do about that either.

6. Shift-Space for weapon resting activates the command box as well. didn't happen in ACE1.

7. No noticable difference in weapon switching speed.

8. Didn't see option for buckshot rounds when using shotgun

So far so good. Very well done like you guys did back in ACE1, of course, there are still few more areas that can be improved like the reload sounds (all weapons seem to use the same sound except for MGs. ) and environmental sounds. Stamina system is also MUCH better! A rifleman with nothing but a rifle can run endlessly (ok, almost. a few klicks isn't a problem) as in real life while one that is loaded up 70kg didn't even last 100m before collapsing. That's just about my stamina range too in RL! hahahaha. Recoil dust looks GORGEOUS and explosion effects are much much better although it would be better with some variations. a series of explosions going off exactly the same way looks a bit wierd but nothing serious. Well done, better than ACE1 in these aspects.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Just tried using the Beta shortcut that you mentioned. For another second I thought that might work. I actually got a conflict message regarding an addon in ACE,

"ACEX_c_men_usarmy requires Ace_c_gear"

but than it quickly closed that window and brought up a new one with a new error message that I had yet to see.

"Error compiling pixel shader PSSSSMSpecular Alpha :1"

And than it all shuts down.

Edited by Genpatton043

Just tried using the Beta shortcut that you mentioned. For another second I thought that might work. I actually got a conflict message regarding an addon in ACE,

"ACEX_c_men_usarmy requires Ace_c_gear"

but than it quickly closed that window and brought up a new one with a new error message that I had yet to see.

"Error compiling pixel shader PSSSSMSpecular Alpha :1"

And than it all shuts down.

Seems there's some problem with your ACEX download. Why don't you try with just @ACE without ACEX and see if it starts in the first place?

Seems there's some problem with your ACEX download. Why don't you try with just @ACE without ACEX and see if it starts in the first place?

By not using ACEX you mean removing it from the shortcut correct? If so, I just tried that and I still get the same message.

Works like a charm, no problems here. Love the little bird! :)

By not using ACEX you mean removing it from the shortcut correct? If so, I just tried that and I still get the same message.

Ok, are you able to launch OTHER mods other than ACE?

can someone upload ACEX to a normal download?

because Six Updater doesn't download it, i get stuck at trying rsync