Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

okay for all the ACE's not working.

When you downloaded ACE, DO NOT extract it. but the .7z archived file into the six updater folder directly (so path will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Six-Updater\@ACE.7z)

THEN run the six pack, add the mod's to the preset, install and update, add @CBA to the command line (so your arma launcher for STEAM would be like "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA) and start arma.

New problem now :(

"Returned Message:

The program seems to be already running. Please wait/close the other application first.

If you believe this is in error, please delete C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/six-updater.pid"

No matter what I try I get that error. I can't even test it now.

I've only had a little time to fool around with ACE but it looks freaking awesome from what I've seen, especially for a first release. Can't wait for MP to finally be worth playing!

With the A10 it actually appears the green dialog, but when i try to click one of the scroll menus it closes and say that A10 has no weapons slot

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

638930kb/1022MB :(

Have you tried another mirror? with the italian one i got everything in 20 minutes

"Returned Message:

The program seems to be already running. Please wait/close the other application first.

If you believe this is in error, please delete C:/Program Files (x86)/Six-Updater/six-updater.pid"

How about actually trying to do what it says?

Close all the command prompt windows then delete the pid file it mentions.

It's not rocket science.

I just sincerely hope with this mod it doesn't take a full clip of ammunition to take down an enemy at 100m, like that SLX POS mod.

GTFO with your bullshit! POS? What the hell have you ever done but go around and complain about other people's work :rolleyes:

"Returned Message:

Do you have a previously installed CBA folder? delete it

My 2 cents are that this mod pack should have been put as one simple .7zip file all packed up along with a simple readme file that tells you whether you need to move the user config files anywhere else and what order you need to have the folders loaded in your desktop icon launch properties. THEN...after that, Yomma's ArmA Addon Sync 2009 should have been used once several servers were established to distribute updates to the pack. Yomma's Addon Sync 2009 program is very easy to use as long as the servers with the updated files are setup properly.

That would have avoided what has been an insanely frustrating experience. You guys are brilliant in what you do, but really ya should have thought out further some of the common sense issues on distributing rather then focusing solely on beta testing and technical issues. The fact of the matter is that EVERY player has been waiting for this beta but not all of us are as technically sophisticated as you guys. So what might have made sense for your team, might be like another language for the average player. For example, I can't even find a simple readme or anything on the Wiki or other links explaining how it should be installed and run. I only found some info on installing it from the SIX updater (I used Yomma's updater instead so those instructions don't help). But that is it. Nothing about the order that the folders must be put in the desktop launch icon If anyone has a link to that info, I'd be massively appreciative.

That.

The current method is much too difficult.

Edit:

How about actually trying to do what it says?

Close all the command prompt windows then delete the pid file it mentions.

It's not rocket science.

I did, repeatedly, I even restarted but it still gave me the message. But you know what is rocket science? This install method.

Edited by LJF

With the A10 it actually appears the green dialog, but when i try to click one of the scroll menus it closes and say that A10 has no weapons slot

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Have you tried another mirror? with the italian one i got everything in 20 minutes

how do I stop it and look? Im useing Yoma's Addon Sync, with Kellys Heroes server to download. Im afriad that if I stop it ill end up corrupting one of the files

nvidia 295GTX lol

lol that blows if thats the case than :(, it looks like your graphics card took a shit on you :(

how do I stop it and look? Im useing Yoma's Addon Sync, with Kellys Heroes server to download. Im afriad that if I stop it ill end up corrupting one of the files

Just look where Yomas is instaling the different PBOs at, then download high-speed from FTP, and place it where Yomas was placing them.

Recheck files in Yomas and you should be all done.

yeah but where do these FTP's come from...I had to manually add the KH in the server list.

bug,With acex,without acex only ace it works fine,

14ijub7.jpg2w74pcg.jpgin4lqx.jpg

Only ace,withot ACEX

2lo3o2a.jpg2a4wq47.jpg

Thumbnails didnt worked sorry,

Edited by snakedoctor34

Do you have a previously installed CBA folder? delete it

I just tried that, it didn't work.

I deleted the file it was talking about and it now starts up, but still no acemod :(

yeah but where do these FTP's come from...I had to manually add the KH in the server list.
the mirror i put up on page 5 post 41 has changed IP due to the masses of people connecting to it and its BW usage

please use

ftp://92.48.82.196

user - ace

pass - blank (i.e. leave it empty)

all 3 7z ready for DL, those connected to the first listed IP will be allowed to finish their DL's, sorry for any problems with those early DLers wasn't quite expecting 12MB/s solid outgoing traffic

Esco

Here, quoted.

bah thats no good for me, I triedt hat earlier was only getting 65 kB a sec, Ill just continue downloading from KH, its almost done :)

I keep getting the error message (userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found) any Ideas how to fix it cause I have found the file in my folder but it's still not loading. Is there a specific folder it needs to be in?

also I download the self install one if that helps at all, because I don't understand the updater :rolleyes:

After some time to get the mod installed i have played around with some of the things for a couple of hours now.

My first thoughts are that most of the features are way to hard to get to work. Some if not a lot of if comes to poor documentation atm. But here are some of my problems.

CSW: I cant get any ammo loaded!! i havent been able to get the menu up even one time and i tried i dont know how many times and from different angles.

I read the documentation on it and it says the menu should pop up when i get close to it. But is also mentions "right windows" button, which i dont have since im using a lap top.

So my thougt is why dont just use the normal menu to load the weapon like you use it to asembly the weapon???

Gasmask/Hood/Glasses:

Havent found any documentation on how to use these??

Sight adjustments:

Again cant really get it to work. The only place i got it to work was CWS and there it was in the normal menu, but there i didnt have any ammo :confused: see above.

EASA:

This made a lot of trouble for me. Havent been able to reload one single time with it. I have parked my empty planes almost above the module and nothing happends. I tried sync to and not.

Also why have it as standard to be inside a hangar?? I know you can turn it off, Although i disaapears when i do, but whats the deal with having a "generator" in the middle o a hangar ( the only place it apparently sees the hangar). When doing that you cant park a plane inside the hangar.

I must say im a bit disappointed about the mod at moment. I was really looking forward to it and i still see a lot of nice features in it that im gonna explore more. But most features are way to complicated to use in gameplay to be effective at the moment. At least thats the feeling i have after i have been playing with them a couple of hours.