Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

I'm getting a error message saying,

"Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found"

anyone got any ideas? I looked and I have the file in my @ACE2 modfolder. is there more I have to do than put the files in the folder? I'm a bit of a noob at anything more complex than just adding a unit to the game.

have you gone here and followed the directions on how to add your profile to ACE?

and if you did where did you save the file at?

Is it possible to place the AP mines down in the editor?

@Pauld

Could you post the target line of your shortcut :)

where do I find the action commands at in game? like the different throwing styles for grenades and the other cool new stuff. I am looking in the controls and it is not showing anything new.

Just to be sure, I went back through for a third time. I've gotten the game to start, but its not running the ACE mod when it does. I went in and selected the mods, executed and than went to start the game. it loads, but just normal Arma 2, not ACE.

For about an hour before I came here. i'm registered at their site, but since I saw someone else having the same issues here, I posted.

Have you used any mods other than ACE before? If you have and you have used the correct loading procedure, then I am afraid I'm not sure what the problem might be. If this is the first mod that you have ever tried working with, you need to first be familar with using mods in the first place. It is NOT intuitive. In fact, I don't see how casual gamers could sort all these out themselves either. http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

have you gone here and followed the directions on how to add your profile to ACE?

and if you did where did you save the file at?

I saved it in my ACE2 modfolder. Is that not where I should save it?

mattXR i ran it though the aceshortcut supplied by the installer...its a clean install of arma2

If your using a beta, you'll need to re-add that after the -mod=

If you post your complete shortcut here it would help.

How do you get this running on a dedicated server??? Anyone?

Yes...

Care to explain how?

@Pauld

Could you post it anyways, just want to double check something which can cause this.

Post the target line and path line :)

Hi, first of all huge thanks to the ACE team for he effort. BIS+ACE=unlimited joy.

To make myself a bit usefull, here is how i got it working:

1) download and install the 6th updater, but dont launch it yet

2) download all the 7zip files floating around (@CBA,@ACE,@ACEX)

3) copy those files to the folder the 6th updater is installed

4) delete any @CBA,@ACE,@ACEX,userconfig folders in your arma2 install dir or backup them

5) download the "lazy way config for 6th updater" already linked 100 times

6) copy the config six-updater.yml to the root of 6th updater

7) start the 6th updater, wait for the dos window with choices

8) press 2

9) press enter

10) wait until the "press enter to exit" line to show up than press enter

11) enjoy ACE

PS. If this doesnt work you can stil unpack the 7zip files and then unpack all those ACExxxx.pbo.gz using winrar or total commander. Be sure to place them i the right mod/addon folder

Thank you PJ[CZ] who posted this a lot of pages ago!!

Follow these steps guys and it WILL work. One thing I would add is to use alpinestars arma2 launcher. I was getting a pixel error, but when I launched from Arma 2 launcher all worked fine...now to quit my job and play ACE2....thanks ACE team you rock!

So once we have it running what do we choose in the updater to synch with future updates, eg 1 ,2 ,3?

Edited by maj_woody

Sickboy You do Great work and I am working on down loading the Mod right know. But I have a Problem I have two servers trough a Server company and the will only up load mods for me (because I have a DSL Up loading 1 gig can take 12 or mor hours and the ftp times out all the time) if the have one or two files that I can link them too, not a Complicated installer and updater. I under stand the Reason for the updater but the problem is I know the company that I rent the servers from will not allow the updater to update. Also that I would have it running on it because I can not, only because it is a slot server so what minimum do I need on the server so that we all can use the mod on the server and so we can still update the mod on the server with one or two files. I am so lost I am using yoma to load on my computer. but with my servers I can not run this, it will not work I need help on this, please pm me With suggestions

Have you used any mods other than ACE before? If you have and you have used the correct loading procedure, then I am afraid I'm not sure what the problem might be. If this is the first mod that you have ever tried working with, you need to first be familar with using mods in the first place. It is NOT intuitive. In fact, I don't see how casual gamers could sort all these out themselves either. http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Yes, I have used a number of them, including ACE for Arma I and none of them were ever as complicated as this. I'm not trying to sound disgruntled over something that is free. But at this current time, I cannot honestly say that the info given is concise and clear as to its installation.

I saved it in my ACE2 modfolder. Is that not where I should save it?

follow the directions that are on the link that I provided. it should be saved into:

C: Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\userconfig

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA

Should be

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=Beta;@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA

add the Beta

Yes, I have used a number of them, including ACE for Arma I and none of them were ever as complicated as this. I'm not trying to sound disgruntled over something that is free. But at this current time, I cannot honestly say that the info given is concise and clear as to its installation.

brother, I understand how you feel. :( I felt the same way a few hours ago when the whole thing started...sigh... oh... do you know you need to run CBA in order for ACE to work? Did you download and enable CBA in your shortcut?

Should be

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=Beta;@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA

add the Beta

beat me to it :)

That should sort your problem Pauld :yay:

Should be

add the Beta

well that fixed that error now i got another one LOL

"Addon acex_c_men_usarmy requires addon ace_c_gear

Just to clairify, I paste this into my ace_Clientside_config correct where it ask for my Class Identity?

face="Default";

glasses="None";

speaker="Male03";

squad="http://sh2.armatechsquad.com/squad/player_-Shinobi-.xml";

pitch=0.9765783;

well that fixed that error now i got another one LOL

"Addon acex_c_men_usarmy requires addon ace_c_gear

ace_c_gear should be in your @ACE/adddons folder. Do you see it there?