Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Hmmm. It would appear that the bypass variable is not functional. I need a sniper (named esniper) to stay where I put him and not throw smoke grenades, the dastardly devil, however, although he has

esniper setVariable ["zeu_AIBypass", true];

in his init line, he still decides to crawl behind the object I want him in front of, and then he has the cheek to throw smoke grenades at me when I shoot him out of anger!

this is my first mod and i'm having trouble. i downloaded the latest version of the non-ACE zeus then copied the addon and server key folders to the arma 2 i did the same with the extended event handler i found here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2605

when i got errors with that i installed this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

this is my latest error: Addon 'Extended_EventHandlers' requires addon 'CAWeapons3'

this is my target line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=@zeu_OA -maxmem=2047

any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks for your work Protegimus

Hi guys,

I'm using ACE with ZEUS AI Addon. But the AI does not use smoke grenades.

My zeus addon folder looks like this:

zeu_c_ai_recognition.pbo

zeu_c_ai_recognition.pbo.ZEU.bisign

zeu_c_ai_rof.pbo

zeu_c_ai_rof.pbo.ZEU.bisign

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo.ZEU.bisign

Is that correct?

Thanks for your help!

I'm using ACE with ZEUS AI Addon. But the AI does not use smoke grenades.

My zeus addon folder looks like this:

zeu_c_ai_recognition.pbo

zeu_c_ai_recognition.pbo.ZEU.bisign

zeu_c_ai_rof.pbo

zeu_c_ai_rof.pbo.ZEU.bisign

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo.ZEU.bisign

Mine looks like this:

zeu_cfg_ammo.pbo

zeu_cfg_collision.pbo

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo

zeu_FindCover.pbo

zeu_OA_c_ai_recognition.pbo

zeu_OA_c_ai_rof.pbo

zeu_OA_c_ammo.pbo

zeu_OA_c_RocketBallistics.pbo

zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion.pbo

zeu_OA_c_wep_Recoils.pbo

zeu_sys_AI.pbo

Along with the bisigns for the ones that have them, and mine use smoke grenades just fine. So I'm guessing that that's not correct. I should have two more .pbos and bisigns, glx and netcode, but they were causing a crash for me.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

By the way, what do the pbos in the optional folder do? Should they be used?

And this has probably been answered somewhere, but too many pages to look through: if I'm using CO, do I need the files from the ArmA 2 folder inside Zeus AI when I'm playing with ArmA 2 content, or if I'm using CO I don't need them at all?

We're having trouble with our Linux server when using ACE 1.9 and Zeus AI, it just crashes without any resonable error message. Anyone else having this problem?

I started having some strange crashes when i switched to the latest 1.57 beta linux server.

I got teh config down to just ace and zeus, and also turned off the battleye client, as it was failing.

So far no further crashes -- but it hasnt been running that long, and i havent run a very stressful mission (like BE) yet.

is there info for a mod maker.. like

"accuracy = // accuracy needed to recognize type of this target

camouflage = // how dificult to spot - bigger - better spotable

sensitivity = // sensor sensitivity

"

We want to code our own snipers, riflemen to be similar, any documentation somewhere?

I think this addon is great, but....

I also think AI angage at a bit to long distance. Is it possible to tune down the engaging distance and accurazy on enemy troops.

They tend to pin point you at 6-800 meters and get you through foliage. Don't seem to be too realistic to me.

We are considering to tune down AI a bit:

skillFriendly=0.98500001;

skillEnemy=0.98500001;

to

skillFriendly=0.78500001;

skillEnemy=0.78500001;

Just to get a bit more fare and "realistic".

Getting you through foilage seems to be something that cannot be fixed easily.

When I play with my friends we usually just play on expert (skill 1) with AI skill slider also set to 1, sometimes they seem to cheat but usually they still suck and are easily picked off, especially at long ranges or CQB.

You will still get AI seeing you through foilage even with lower AI skill... Also I think skill doesn't actually affect the detection distance (at least when I tested without Zeus AI a while ago the detection distance was a rather fixed value regardless of AI skill setting), but probably mostly affects how long it takes them to realize that they were supposed to detect you.

Also, if you think the AI is too hard, try playing against real humans for the sake of comparison. Most of the time it'll probably make you realize that AI is still much inferior to humans, even with all its cheats.

We're having trouble with our Linux server when using ACE 1.9 and Zeus AI, it just crashes without any resonable error message. Anyone else having this problem?

http://ace.armastack.info/index.php/109/why-does-my-linux-server-crash-show-problems-when-ace-loaded

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

Also, if you think the AI is too hard, try playing against real humans for the sake of comparison. Most of the time it'll probably make you realize that AI is still much inferior to humans, even with all its cheats.
AI is very much reliant on their orders, especially when human lead.

E.g the GUARD waypoint is said to majorly improve the AI's behaviour.

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

is there info for a mod maker.. like

"accuracy = // accuracy needed to recognize type of this target

camouflage = // how dificult to spot - bigger - better spotable

sensitivity = // sensor sensitivity

"

We want to code our own snipers, riflemen to be similar, any documentation somewhere?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference#accuracy

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference#camouflage

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference#sensitivity

- otherwise I suppose looking at Zeu AI, ACE AI, TrueAI etc configs could give some more insight.

We were talking about detection, not movement. Commands/scripts can't control much about how well they detect. That's what Zeus AI is for, but even Zeus AI has its limitations. It makes AI move around a bit smarter (usually, not always. Sometimes, especially in open fields, it'll make them start running for non-existing or too-distant cover isntead of just lifting their weapons up and shooting you), but the AI's precision at long range is still quite lower than that of human players, especially when using more powerful weapons (on both sides), and still most humans will usually see the AI before the AI sees them, only exceptions being the cases where AI "cheats" and sees through foliage.

What does zeus_sys_ai do?

I'm experimenting without findcover for performance and mission reasons.

AnimalMother93 I was on your site a while ago to check for new ZeusAI, you dont keep it up to date anymore are you?

AnimalMother93 I was on your site a while ago to check for new ZeusAI, you dont keep it up to date anymore are you?

The Zeus AI files on my Dev-Heaven are the latest that I am aware of. Haven't seen Pro announce any new builds.

What does zeus_sys_ai do?

I'm experimenting without findcover for performance and mission reasons.

For one it allows AIs to use smoke grenades. However it also messes some stuff - I don't remember clearly now but one of the reasons why I don't use it anymore was that AT gunners were taking way too long to engage the tank (when they saw one they were just running around as if trying to get into a better position even though the tank was there right in front of them - and as a result getting wiped out fast). So I thought the lack of smoke grenade spam was a fair price for AIs not dying en masse when they see some vehicle.

Current problems I've noticed with Zeus AI that break the most stuff:

- AI engaging will run to cover before shooting even when running to cover means guaranteed death before they get to cover, which in the world of Arma happens a lot since cover is usually either (very) far away or ineffective. That includes the above mentioned problem with AT gunner.

- No way for mission makers to keep AI in a more defensive mode. They will just leave their positions and attack, resulting in most/all objectives being empty of enemy once you actually reach those objectives.

Other than those critical issues, Zeus AI is great, but those issues seem to break a lot of missions/concepts...

It would be nice if certain waypoint types would get the AI to not run around constantly. I place troops in careful covered positions, but they will run into enemy fire if they hear artillery going off. When you're getting shelled, you're supposed to hit the dirt, not cover your sectors.

AFAIK they run off "into cover". Which often works very nicely, but sometimes, as you say, does make them run into enemy fire.

The Zeus AI files on my Dev-Heaven are the latest that I am aware of. Haven't seen Pro announce any new builds.

Ah, okay... Thanks for the info! :)

Thanks for this life saving addon. Unfortunately, we in CiA stopped using it a long time ago since we identified that the AIs are moving very very slowly between waypoints when using Zeus AI. Can you tell if this is corrected by now?

Thanks for this life saving addon. Unfortunately, we in CiA stopped using it a long time ago since we identified that the AIs are moving very very slowly between waypoints when using Zeus AI. Can you tell if this is corrected by now?

I haven't actually noticed this specific problem you're mentioning... But I did notice the other problems I mentioned earlier which is (I think) why Zeus is no longer running it on their server.