Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Thanks for this addon Opticalsnare. I use it all the time now, it looks great. Keep up the good work!

no way dude :j:

You should see what an impact looks like in water from 2000 meters up in the AC130 Script using WarFX. Ridiculous, but OpticalSnare already voiced the nature of the problem, that this seems to be something in the engine.

hey man, i see you fixed the dust "fleeing the scene of the crime at high speeds". It looks great now, just like real life. I really don't know now whether it is possible for this mod to get any better under the arma2 engine, but i sure hope i am wrong. Good work mate, brilliant mod :eek: it is a keeper for sure.

You should see what an impact looks like in water from 2000 meters up in the AC130 Script using WarFX. Ridiculous, but OpticalSnare already voiced the nature of the problem, that this seems to be something in the engine.
Originally Posted by stephsen View Post

no way dude

Yes i know that problem ...mh but WarFx is the new reference for Arma2

the bohemia team need a better particle engine i think ...maybe in arma3 :D

I really like this addon, I use it all the time. So thank you Opticalsnare. :)

Well il might be able to do something about the server keys soon, tbh i havnt been working much recently ive taken a bit of a break from the modding stuff and been msotly doing stuff at home and going out as the weather has started to get nicer and just been working alot in job but il try and sort out those keys soon.

OS is there an ETA when the full version will be out?

with the new sound effects, shell ejections,muzzle flashes?

I cant wait for some good muzzle flashes in this game!

with 1.7, the smoke goes to fast alot of the time with destroyed objects and theres a few particle bugs here and there.

The filefront link for the new beta (1.41) isn't working; anyone got a mirror?

edit: n/m; found them on Armaholic

Edited by No Use For A Name

Great mod.

But the hit on fps when smoke grenades are fired is really too high on my pc (Intel quadcore X9650 @3.8 Ati HD 4870 x 2)

Any tip to tweak this issue?

Thanks

Too many pages to go through but was the bug with the error message "blabla\fuelcan_blabla.paa is missing" reported?

I get it when some tanks blow up.

It wasn't happening with 1.3

Thanks for making this great mod Opticalsnare!

I've been checking back to this thread every now and then to see whether you've updated past 1.41, fingers crossed you'll have addressed some of the glaring issues.

@fideco

Try looking at artillery smoke with this mod on, everytime a shell hits the ground the initial emmission of smoke from each shell causes problems; its a complete slideshow for the complete duration (of the artillery type).

Smoke grenades have the same issue but it only goes slideshow for a second, then it's back to butter smooth frames. I used this mod for about a week and really liked it, but i've had to ditch it because of these reasons.

Also, i'd like to add that i was willing to live with the "fuel_can.pbo" error, though i think that issue should be addressed in the next update.

Edited by rscarrab

Any update you could share with us OS we are all waiting for this fantastic mod! ;)

Has anyone encountered an error with the a10 while running v1.41? When I load the plane in the editor and preview the mission it says that there's no entry for "a10_damage". "Jet_dust" seems to be missing too. No other mods loaded.

I'll try redownloading and reinstalling the mod.

Apart from this I have never encountered any bug, great mod!

Thanks in advance,

Nicolai

Hi guys, just a message about whats going on at the moment as ive been away from modding for a bit now and havnt updated or released anything new.

I still have plans to release the mods ive been working on, but everything is on hold for the time being until the new expansion pack is released "Operation Arrowhead" Not only does this allow me to finish the mods off completly but will also make the mods currently in development to the highest quality possible ie in terms of audio & visual.

I know you guys want it all now, but i think it would be best to release my mods along side the expansion pack to make it even more sexy. :)

good to hear that..looking forward till then! Havne't had any troubles with your latest version..so its enjoyable much right now

Same here, latest version looks and feels great, I owe you for being able to play with even more enjoyment. Thanks OS, take your time and do as you wish to do. You sound like you definitely have a plan :)

Any chance of just the Keys to tie us over :P

No problems OS.

You got a life to live we can wait a few more weeks, game is going to be alot different with actually nice looking muzzleflashes and good sound effects. :)

At least fix that fuelcan.pbo stuff for the ArmA2

It's really annoying

My sincere apologies,

when I reported the missing a10_damage I thaught I had disabled all mods, but I just looked in my arma2/dta folder and there I found some .pbo's from previous warfx versions. I removed them and everything works fine now.

Again, my apologies.

Nicolai

At least fix that fuelcan.pbo stuff for the ArmA2

It's really annoying

Optical Snare doesn't owe you anything. Be glad that you have the awesome effects that you do. ;)