Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Wow, this is an incredible mod. Great work Opticalsnare!

Well the next version is basicly alot more finetuned.

Basicly everything that was good in the prev versions that people were ok with made it in with some minor tweaks ere and there. Anything else that caused problems were either dropped or completly redone. I will say that this mod is alot more realistic not in the sense that its visually realistic. But alot of stuff is toned down like the sparks & dust is less dramatic. Other small details have been redone like smoke grenades, bullet impacts have all been worked on.

Its alot better taking a break from the modding side of things and just looking at the mod from a observer POV rather than just trying to hammer away at it, i feel my vacation has been good for the next version. I might possibly release a version prior to OA But were have to wait and see how things goes... :P

can't wait till 1.41 stable is out (and signed) so I can use it on my server.

Glad to hear the pause helped! Always nice to come back with a rested mind, having had time to absorb and process and work at it in a new light. Sometimes it happens conciously, sometimes subconciously, but as long as it works! :yay:

current version is a beta

Well yeah, I haven't seen a problem with it serverside.

Could do with one temporarily.

Thx goose i will use your ver till we get a key for orig. Might be wise also let the beta ver get tested on mp..

Edit

hmm downloaded the zip - i dont find any server-key in it ???

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Dorph;1638669']Thx goose i will use your ver till we get a key for orig. Might be wise also let the beta ver get tested on mp..

Edit

hmm downloaded the zip - i dont find any server-key in it ???

Its signed for testing on SES servers.

Im not sure its the right thing to do, to publish a key on someone elses work, im sure thats what goose meant too. In fact im not even sure i can make a key, but ill start reading some stuff on how to. Lets just hope OS will have some time to make one soon.

Can someone show me where I can download v1.3 so I can use it in the AAS servers

Edited by RogueBlade

Do you think someone could sign the newest beta for me? WE would like to use it on our server that will be up tomorrow, we just have absolutely no clue how to do such a thing. I am sure this has been asked before, there are just way too many pages to look through.

Congratulations on 100th page. Maybe some info about muzzleflashes to celebrate this achievement? :p

well some are bright, and some are not so bright

Well theres some more work needs doing to the muzzleflashes. They all work ok on vehicles and look pretty awesome buts its a heavy task of removing the old muzzleflashes which are based on the weapon models and stuff, but hopfully they should be ready for the release.

The particles mod is coming along nicely, some new effects are being rolled out along with tweaks here and there. Theres new smoke grenade effects which looks pretty good imo and explosions have been improved alot since using a new method.

The sounds mod is going pretty well, i dont wanna go into too much detail about it tbh as i might ruin the surprize but i think its gonna to be a breakthru and i feel is def alot differnt than any soundmod made on so far, and will hopfully set the new example to be based from.

Atm i really cant give a eta on the mod hopfully sometime alround OA expansion relases i hope

Anyway thats my monthly/weekly update for now might have some videos to showcase soon. :)

The sounds mod is going pretty well, i dont wanna go into too much detail about it tbh as i might ruin the surprize but i think its gonna to be a breakthru and i feel is def alot differnt than any soundmod made on so far, and will hopfully set the new example to be based from.

Sounds very interesting. Highly awaiting the new version. ;)

There shoudnt be any conflicting with additional addons anymore. However i should state that i cannot guarantee that future releases from me will not conflict with other addons. I will say they are NOT in my top list of priorities.

JTD fire & smoke should be fine tho.