Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Is anybody else experiencing heavy FPS loss during for example tank explosinon? My FPS drops from 55 to 20 During explosions :(

The only time I really lose FPS with this is when some non-vanilla helicopters sit on the ground engines on. The dust just creates a big ball around the heli and explodes outward some times then piles back up. MAJOR FPS loss. Into the single digits from 20-30.

Dust/explosions/burning stuff all kill my FPS. But I'm hopelessly addicted to the sparks and rocket effects =/

I love them, they can't be beat. Not much FPS hit, other than the dustclumpspam from some helicopters.

smoke after explosions (t72 hit by Ah64) are timelapsed. Tried newest beta and without beta.

Edited by JumpingHubert

smoke after explosions (t72 hit by Ah64) are timelapsed. Tried newest beta and without beta.

I can confirm this as I too have witnessed it. Also I think it occures when ammo boxes are burning (can't remember if that's ACE related or if ammo boxes burned in Vanilla"

Not much FPS drops here apart from some vehicle explosions when being close and seeing all debris, smoke & fire all at the same time. But its just for a second or two. Some other things though:

1. Distant muzzle smoke and other smoke effects far away seem to be in front of where they should be. Something happens to the effect at a distance. Heli downwash dust seen in front of the heli from far away (binos).

2. Bullet impacts on metal/wood give no smoke (i know, not realistic, but a small little puff to show that you hit would be nice - immersion kinda).

3. Vehicle dust is a bit too much wich cancels itself if a couple of vehicles drive around. Dust disapears suddenly. Slightly less dust and perfect.

A few tweaks more and its perfect - imo. :)

Great addon. Thanks.

The only time I really lose FPS with this is when some non-vanilla helicopters sit on the ground engines on. The dust just creates a big ball around the heli and explodes outward some times then piles back up. MAJOR FPS loss. Into the single digits from 20-30.

I never seem to have this or any other issue with the mod.

I love them, they can't be beat. Not much FPS hit, other than the dustclumpspam from some helicopters.

I have also suffered from this problem, But run the mod as much as possible :-)

Well just a heads up that im still here and a small update from me on whats been going on.

Alot has been worked for the particles mod which reduces some of the effects ie sparks from explosions and smoke effects, theres also been some considerable performance gains from some new effects ive been currently working on, this of course is good for keeping FPS stable and also reducing the chances of the cutoff of particles but also imo looks better visually.

Rest of the mods are currently on standby to be finished, and i still have plans to release everything alround the same time as OA

Thanks for the support guys, will post regular updates soon. :)

Edited by Opticalsnare

Thankyou, for a great mod bringing joy to many people. :D

Thanks Optical, tbh this is a mod which adds another spectrum to what me and others are looking for, as for FPS wise, possibly doing two versions, medium for low to other versions & high for upper end pc's? either iether, thank you for the effort your putting into this.

You contribute great work to this community.

Particles look great, new muzzle flashes will make night time fighting much easier and your sound mod is no doubt going to be win aswell.

Good day to you OS.

A quick question, probably asked before.. are we going to have new GBU/bomb effects? They just don't feel right.. it's too rounded imo.. it should explode a bit more "up" and less outwards. Maybe like the WP grenade/artillery effects, except with dirt

Looking forward to the next release OS. Still no keys for the beta's right?

A quick question, probably asked before.. are we going to have new GBU/bomb effects? They just don't feel right.. it's too rounded imo.. it should explode a bit more "up" and less outwards. Maybe like the WP grenade/artillery effects, except with dirt

Yup most of the effects have been worked on extensivly for better perf and visual.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Arrowhead is gonna look OUTSTANDING with this mod never mind a even newer one!

Testing this for the first time now. :)

- Add different effects to any possible future muntions (JDAM, MOAB, Cluster, Napalm, Bunker Buster)

Here's hoping!!