Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

:eek:

More than likely there's a conflict in there somewhere. Good luck trying to find it. :p

Try not using some of those other mods and add them one at a time to see which one creates the conflict.

its warFX not my other mods, they all work without it if you read the post.

the warVEH PBO is responsible for this error thanks to patch 1.05 any alterations made to AH64D or UH1Y pertain to this error and CTD.

:(

It is very good 1.4 but I think is too large for the dust whipped by vehicles.

Yeh i can confirm theres a problem with the UH1. Ive fixed it and i will upload a updated version tonight along with some other fixes.

It is very good 1.4 but I think is too large for the dust whipped by vehicles.

I dunno, like the amount of dust, especially in maps like Isla Duala.

my vote, I think a bit less dust whipped by vehicles would be better.

OK i found a little bug when bullet hit dusk on the ground(from a rifle) then comes only with everybody third impact bullet hit dusk animation...the hit dusk on the wall is ok and comes always

and the intense on bullet hit dusk on the ground (from a rifle)is little bit to small,one can hardly see it but the colors and intense of the hit dusk on the walls is ok

When a M203 HE round explodes there is a yellowish orange smoke to it. Beautiful add on though. Thanks for the hard work. You make Arma2 so much better dude!

Cool effects OS. Good work. :)

Just reporting what came up during an A-10 attack. Sorry but i dont know what weapon was used but error msg was: "Cannot open object warfxpe\cl_fired.p3d"

Hope it tells you anything.

I'm not sure I can think about it as an issue, but when firing Jevelin (and other rockets with optics I believe), added particles looks ugly, just unreal.

Thanx for really impressive work.

I didn't really notice a difference. :(

I just tested out GBU and some Heuy rockets.

Did I install it wrong, I removed my old WarFX_Particles folder and replaced it with the new WarFX_Particles_beta1.4(Renamed it to WarFX_Particles)...

I don't think that's wrong.

Ok guys im gonna hold off the update till tomorrow everything so far mentioned has been fixed, but its a bit late and il finish off the rest off tomorrow after work.. Keep playing and finding those problems, its a big help.

Thanks

Ok guys im gonna hold off the update till tomorrow everything so far mentioned has been fixed, but its a bit late and il finish off the rest off tomorrow after work.. Keep playing and finding those problems, its a big help.

Roger that! We'll be holding the line 'till you come back! ;)

My enjoyment of ArmA 2 has skyrocketed since 1.4. The rocket trails are mesmerizing (until I die) :D

Looking forward to the update!

The effects are incredible, though I can't wait for the "lite" version as it saps FPS like some kind of monstrous sponge, not very nice seeing smoke-trails disappear either.

But amazing effects nonetheless :D

I'm not sure I can think about it as an issue, but when firing Jevelin (and other rockets with optics I believe), added particles looks ugly, just unreal.

Thanx for really impressive work.

Would you care to elaborate? Not really helpful or nice to just say it looks "ugly" and "unreal".

really nice beta 1.4...

...but please no smoke trails on rpg´s its simply "unreal" and the smokeless powder mixture is not at least for tactical reasons, cause if it isn´t smokeless the first is your last rocket ; )

I'm sorry guys, but I can't leave you with your "wow!" and "ah!" and I have to say that almost all effects look "ugly" and "unreal". They have nothing to real world effects and particle textures are so bad (their colors and details). The speed of different particles is not correct. Where dust should grow fast there it grows slow and vice versa. Explosion from GRAD missile has a huge size. And shape of explosion is not plausible. Since start of AT missile has a very dense smoke there is no way to control AT missile during the flight and it seams useless. IMHO.

Would you care to elaborate? Not really helpful or nice to just say it looks "ugly" and "unreal".

I believe he is referring to the sparks that have been added to the rocket + missile trail's.

I got the start up bug that says something (I can't remember now!), which basically doesn't let ArmA2 start; someone else had it a few posts back. This was remidied by me moving the

WarFXVeh.pbo to a holding file somewhere.

It's all good but the only thing I don't really like is all that black smoke on vehicles that goes up REALLY quickly when hit. JTDs smoke and fire does that really well alone. The hit on FPS is also a bummer. I know there's a LITE version coming out though so I'll hold off. Either way, great work OS and it's appreciated here, I really like the new little yellow particles on hits that are dynamic..!!! They're very good indeed!

I'm sorry guys, but I can't leave you with your "wow!" and "ah!" and I have to say that almost all effects look "ugly" and "unreal". They have nothing to real world effects and particle textures are so bad (their colors and details). The speed of different particles is not correct. Where dust should grow fast there it grows slow and vice versa. Explosion from GRAD missile has a huge size. And shape of explosion is not plausible. Since start of AT missile has a very dense smoke there is no way to control AT missile during the flight and it seams useless. IMHO.

In some areas yeah, but for the vast majority of the time I think "wow" is an accurate description :D

The only things I don't really like are the FPS (some effects could maybe have a few less particles perhaps and instead make them thicker ... like instead of having 50 particles have only 25 and have them thicker so it sorta looks like 50 ...). The other thing is just personal opinion really, I'd love to see the dust billow upwards after some of the bigger explosions, like in here:

Well this mod is more about hollywood than realism, thats what people want. If you don't like that then simply don't use the mod ;)