Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Would have been nice if BI had your work ethics..ie don't release it until it's finished..:p

Would have been nice if BI had your work ethics..ie don't release it until it's finished..:p

buh-dum-ching!

:p

It's a good ethic OS.

Well they got some pretty big funds from Arma 2 sold really well on Steam, So i would think BIS will spend more time with OA and polish it real good before releasing that will also help them with reviews and so forth, since A2 was littered with bad reviews solely due to performance and glicthes in the campaign.

It's been said 5 billion times, it's not BI that decide when to release.... jeez.

It's been said 5 billion times, it's not BI that decide when to release.... jeez.

Sarcasm my friend...:) .. and words of encouragement to Opticalsnare. :)

FYI I never did encounter any problems out of the box that weren't computer related (low end system at the time) . Many did though. :rolleyes: but we digress.

Love these effects mod, Can´t you make one pbo with the sparkels and one pbo with the dust from big explosion. I love the sparkelse effects and so. But with all the dust from like an artillary the game lag like shit. so i will only use the sparkels effect but no i cant use the effects =( sorry for bad english =)

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Love this mod, But would love to see if there will be two PBO files. One with the sparkels effects and one with all the dust. I love the sparkels but I can´t use the effects becuse the explosion dust like from artillary or GBU lag my game so hard :P or if it will be optimize so it don´t like so much =) sorry for my bad english. keep up the good work

Funny enough i just uploaded a beta of the mod to some people on the forums ie friends for some testing, hopfully all will go well this time as i had some major problems with this version but all should be ok now i think. If no big problems are found i will release the beta to the community only and then we can have a bit more of extensive testing and if that goes ok, then release the rest of the mods. Which are the differnt versions and lite version which basicly all run from the same core which is this one being tested. Which as is said some issues were present in the main mod which meant that all the other versions the muddy, snow & lite version were also affected.

Anyway hopfully this small test should come back ok, i proberly expect a few minor issues which ive overlooked but nothing major as before. :)

Excellent news OS !

I wish I was one of those friends.... ;)

Edited by Mark XIII
typing fail...

Excellent news! Thanks for the update OS!

We all wish we were beta testers I think, Mark ;)

Good news!!

Started using your work this week and i am loving it!! Great job Opticalsnare :D

Not yet no i wanna get this main particles mod sorted first, the muzzleflashes will come later on along with the sounds and textures mod.

what sounds will you be changing? I would say priority over sounds would be tracers and (i guess) textures seeing as we have 4 or 5 sound mods already

man waiting for the full release is killing me OS.

Can you perhaps ask those testers to put out 2 vids showing off the mod?

Thanks and glad to hear the news. :)

Hey, awesome mod, just installed this one.

One observation though, using the Zeus AI mod in engagements out to a kilometer and more, the 5.56 rounds are making dust splashes that are visually the same size as the dust the enemy rounds are kicking up at my mans feet.

Rendering error on my GPU's part perhaps but I thought I might mention it.

Awesome addon, nonetheless.

is in the new beta version the mud effect intigrated???

Not yet no, the snow and muddy version will be after. They both are made from the main version which is the dusty version but obv with differnt effects like removed dust etc. Once this version is sorted and theres no problems and i can simply start porting over the effects and working on the other 2 versions, but it wont take long once the main version has been tried and tested and nothing goes wrong again.

Judging by the quality of the particles mod , give us a sound and environment and what else would we need???? :D

Judging by the quality of the particles mod , give us a sound and environment and what else would we need???? :D

He's already working on my main graphical complaints, muzzleflashes, particle effects and textures in cockpits etc, (the really low res ones)

Much appreciation for your work OS. :D

One thing I dunno if its being worked on by anyone is the Jet engine exaust etc, in third person looking at the engine of a F35B is just abysmal its a semi transparent orange texture, no detail or anything.

No fire effects or smoke. It would be awesome if that was touched up. That and new decals for certain materials like wood and stone/concrete.

Highly looking forward to the full release OS, dont forget to relax once in awhile bud, dont want them grey hairs showing up soon. ;)

I use ACE, but at WarFX Particles connection there are graphic errors. Please, correct it somewhat quicker!

I use ACE, but at WarFX Particles connection there are graphic errors. Please, correct it somewhat quicker!

You must be important!

You must be important!

I was hoping someone would say something so I could avoid an infraction.