Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

I wonder if anyone of you experiences the same:

particle effects and explosions, kick up and fx look great, but

smoke is not only a big column at first (then changing to JTD smoke it seems), with

yellow fire (arma 2 vanilla fx?) but... makes square shaped rims of the smoke columns.

Not easy to describe... looks like the smoke dissipates in rectangles instead of plumes.

This happens especially if watching at tank battle from some distance. vehicles are always affected by this when burning. sometimes - at a certain distance - when you zoom in with RMB pushed, those rectangles disappear and show the normal smooth columns. btw. I use ACE and JTD...

I work in the games industry man, they're basically the polygons that the alpha (transparency) texture of smoke is applied to; I think it has sorting problems, hence the poly itself becomes visible, however slight... I have this prob too but it's so slight it doesn't really bother me.

I think what your referring to is the blocky smoke problem which has been fixed in the next release.

Well ive had a pretty busy week and i think ive managed to workout most of the issues. Theres still some cleaning up work to do which wont take long and hopfuly i can start some pre-release testing to make sure everything works correctly.

Im sorry for the delay and i know you guys are very eager to get the new version which fixes alot of the problems, but i also wanna make sure that any problems which remain get fixed now rather than later. :)

Yes, good news indeed. No worries bud. I'll be here when it's ready, I'm not going nowhere. ;)

Happy to wait OS, glad that you're bug smashing :D

Will 1.4 include the shell casings from vehicles and new muzzle flashes btw?

hope so when 1.4 out i think of a proposal of marriage :756:...:D

any eta ?

When it's finished. Must people even ask? They do realize it's an impossible question to answer.

Enough with the spamming and asking for news/new versions now. Or do any of you really think by spamming the thread anything happens faster?

Sit and wait and if you have nothing constructive to add to a thread then don't post at all.

Moderators have already answered this.

Well things have come along way, ive been out the loop for a fortnight so just freshly reading up on the updates, cant wait for this to be unleashed (however long it takes obviously) :).

is there a possible releasedate ?

no, its done when its done, and you know about it when addon maker wants you to know. God.. is this another troll, or just someone who cant read? :rolleyes:

@mrcash2009, nice timing :D

.....or just someone who cant read? :rolleyes:

@mrcash2009, nice timing :D

Just doesn't bother to most likely. Nuts, isn't it?

Yeh im still hard at work on this dont worry, cant really give a release date i did that before and then found out some problems just before i was gonna release it they took a week to fix. Im just finishing off some effects now as ive had to redo some stuff which was linked to the issues i had.

Hope there wont pop up any more serious problems and release would get here soon. So, how much is performance difference between the new WarFX muzzleflashes compared to BIS ones? The Shilka/Tugnuska muzzleflashes look really cool, and was wondering if shilka begins to shoot, will there be any performance hit?

Not alot that ive noticed all though i havnt been working on the muzzleflashes recently as ive been putting all my effort into the particles mod, once thats released i can finish other projects then, atm the particles mod is #1 in my list to get done.

nice to hear you OS ...shame that still so many bugs have crept in, I think everyone here is expected in one forum inadvertent release and huge thanks for your hard works. As the saying marry offer still stands :mwah::D

Hehe i bought it is well and been playing it, its got some good effects which is good for checking out, dont worry tho i will finish off this mod its just been a very busy week for me as ive been doing alot of work in my job and also been doing work on the mod whenever i have freetime. :)

if you need beta tester i can help you , take your time , it's better when it's longer ... xD

yeah or he , do you wanna take my joystick in my chopper ? xD don't make a mistake ;)