Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

il give you guys a clue they happen when weapons are fired and atm they are very ugly, begins with M....oops letting a bit too much out, hehe il upload a video tomorrow after work and you guys are gonna love it. :P

That made me smile... smileymania.at_11063.gif ... Can´t wait...

Regards Culti

Looks nice as some method to generate it randomly. But imo it should be more shaped. Check some videos/movies. muzzle flash is not a fireball.

best regards.

2 MaXyM, =(+)=TheVoodoo

"its still very WIP and needs some work but its getting there, the postions need fixing, and im also working on differnt styles and all that. Differnt Weapons can have differnt flashes and sizes etc and varations are looking good, im also gonna work on the smoke, and hopfully i want to have weapons that have smoking barrels after they been fired and other effects to the weapons is well." © Opticalsnare

for whom the developer has written this?

Is there ANY way to get this to work with JTD Smoke and Fire Effects? I CANNOT get it to work...Even when I start up the game with no addons or mods except for these two, it doesn't work!

Any suggestions?

I am not sure if this has been asked before and apologise if it has but does the dust clouds in WarFX block AI view?

Is there ANY way to get this to work with JTD Smoke and Fire Effects? I CANNOT get it to work...Even when I start up the game with no addons or mods except for these two, it doesn't work!

Any suggestions?

It does work because i have both running... have you tried changing them around in your shortcut?

this is my order....

"I:\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@WarFXParticles -mod=@CBA -mod=@SLX -mod=@JTD -mod=@BWMod -mod=@Weather -mod=@ACE -mod=@ACEX -mod=@six_aiaktalik -mod=@BMD_1 -mod=@ACEX_SM -mod=@ACEX_PLA -mod=@Oden -mod=@CSM2

Hello.

Just tried this out, explosions are cool. The bullet impacts need some work I think. There is too much slow motion smoke I think it should be a faster animation that loses that last bit with the two puffs of smoke that go into the air.

Also the same effect happens, or a very similar one on shots that hit vehicles and buildings, that should be revised I think.

Other than that it looks great.

Thanks,

Mike.

@ Cossack8559

Try this...

"I:\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@WarFXParticles;@CBA;@SLX;@JTD;@BWMod;@Weather;@ACE;@ACEX;@six_aiaktalik;@BMD_1;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@Oden;@CSM2

you only need -mod= once, after that just seperate the mods with a semicolon

B

Edited by Bushlurker

@ Cossack8559

Try this...

"I:\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@WarFXParticles;@CBA;@SLX;@JTD;@BWMod;@Weather;@ACE;@ACEX;@six_aiaktalik;@BMD_1;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA;@Oden;@CSM2

you only need -mod= once, after that just seperate the mods with a semicolon

B

Oh thanks i never knew that :o was working fine the way i had it anyway lol

@MCPXXL

Oops - sorry... Should've used the "code" formatting I guess to avoid spaces creeping in there...

I haven't really looked at ACE yet to be honest, so I'm unfamiliar with the particular shortcuts - I just copied Cossacks post and removed all the extra "-mod="'s, just to make the point...

The principle still applies tho - you only need -mod= for the first modfolder, just seperate with semicolons afterwards.... Can be handy if you don't use a launcher but do use a lot of mods, since I believe theres a Windows character limit for shortcuts - Cossack looked like he was gonna hit the limit real soon! :D

(though as he said, it'll probably still work OK )

B

Um I'll try changing my shortcut a little. I'll put @CBA in between them. But I don't see how this could change much because it didn't work even before I started using ACE..

Put CBA in front of everything, then ACE, then WarFX. Works for me. I also have @JTD mod running behind all of those and I get great results.

Well ive managed to add in shell casings so vehicles like LAV25, BMP3 and other vehicles and aircraft and other weapons like M2 machineguns and stuff all eject shell casings, its pretty awesome seeing a Tunguska M1 spew out shells all over the place, muzzleflashes are still being worked on and yeh i will adding differnt ones and differnt styles its still very early atm but these weapon effects are looking good so far also got barrel smoke its good seeing a m240 or a heavy machinegun have a smoking barrel after firing.

Other things in the mod are also coming along good like the sparks and bulletimpacts etc are all being worked on too.

Will show some updates soon.

Cheers

Well ive managed to add in shell casings so vehicles like LAV25, BMP3 and other vehicles and aircraft and other weapons like M2 machineguns and stuff all eject shell casings, its pretty awesome seeing a Tunguska M1 spew out shells all over the place, muzzleflashes are still being worked on and yeh i will adding differnt ones and differnt styles its still very early atm but these weapon effects are looking good so far also got barrel smoke its good seeing a m240 or a heavy machinegun have a smoking barrel after firing.

Other things in the mod are also coming along good like the sparks and bulletimpacts etc are all being worked on too.

Cheers

All sounds fantastic mate :D looking forward to the next update :yay::bounce3:

Cheers

Geez, all candy for my ears man! Good news, can barley wait. :)

About the muzzle flashes. They look right the way BIS did 'em, but they messed up the animation / movement. It got to light up and kind of rotate ;)

Heres a quick vid with the casings being spewed out. I gotta find out where extactly all the ejection ports are for the weapons etc. Im gonna make them a bit more random is well so dont worry about that. Sorry i dont think i can make them bounce or land on the ground.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWbC9Kor0fU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWbC9Kor0fU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well ive managed to add in shell casings so vehicles like LAV25, BMP3 and other vehicles and aircraft

Bear in mind that most western jets (I'd guess it's the same with eastern aircraft) don't eject the shells from their cannons due to the massive force required to get the shell away from the airframe to avoid damage. It gets stored in the aircraft's ammo drum and is removed on the ground. :)

Bear in mind that most western jets (I'd guess it's the same with eastern aircraft) don't eject the shells from their cannons due to the massive force required to get the shell away from the airframe to avoid damage. It gets stored in the aircraft's ammo drum and is removed on the ground. :)

Yes! Check out the Sabrina's on that! (sorry - naff Hawker Hunter joke) :)