Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

I think ACE has those kinda effects tho?

What im gonna do now is mostly work on improving the effects and also add in support for differnt environments like snow and mud. I want to also add in support for the differnt muntions being used so a TOW rocket will have a slightly differnt effect to that of a FFAR for example and so on. After some quick messy about ive already started work on the differnt environments and this is looking rather good so far so. :)

I had the smoke problems (with arma2 obvious) ,squares with granates ecc.. i tried to dont run @gl4 while is running warfx and it works perfectly . If can helps ..:)

Hey OpticalSnare, what about the things I wrote?

I agree on most points you made except the fire i like it the way it is, i made it that way to represent a extremly hot fire, but i may tone it down slightly.

Awsome Stuff OS!! But is there any chance you could make the fire in a different module?

Hi,

Do you also create some more random / different effects? I play it together with fire&smoke and there are different smoke variations. Whats about different kind of fires (smaler / bigger, a bit different colors) the same for the spreadeffect and other things.

Tino

Edited by TBuck

some good effects, sparks should fall faster to the ground (ones from metals) which are different than flying sparks coming off burning wood for example.

Already asked for GL4 mod, but if possible add burning debris.

Something else i didn't see yet is burning spot after being hit by tracers (would be random, something like 5% of tracers keeping burning after impact for some seconds).

Well ive succesfully been able to add my own texture animations now which i will be using for effects they are looking awesome. Heres a sneak preview of one ive been working on.

warfx01.jpg

That's really good work OS - did a double take at first, it looks very striking. Thanks for your work so far, DA

BTW - The fire effects are great as they stand I think. Yellow fire looks much better than the default BIS orange/reds.

Sweet Zombie Jesus. That looks amazing.

Holy schmoly! Lovely, OS! What is it that goes boom? A vehicle exploding?

It's an MLRS shooting onto a runway.

OMG! I'm creaming my pants, keep up the good work. I can hardly control my self, i'm so excited!

tried this out last nite...made a quick night mission in the desert with my danes assault an afghan town and wow that is some cool stuff. Combined with the jtd fire and smoke mod you get some awesome results! great work keep it up!

Holy wa, ay!?! O.S. you are now knighted "Lord of Explosions"! I mean hell, if CM CEO can get an honor for what he did, how much more should YOU get? My jeans are getting small.