Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Can you lower the casing from the Tunguska?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUUeqSseERo&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUUeqSseERo&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yeh i found out where the ejection ports are for the tunka. But could do with some help on the rest of the vehicles like lav25, bmp3, bmp2, btr etc etc.

Hmm..shouldnt they be close to the canon?

around 1:35

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymJhvU0Iz1M&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymJhvU0Iz1M&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Are you going to make the tracers more like dots? Think that most selfmade videos cant show such things correctly.

@Simon C

They still have a trail thats too long that looks like from camera recording. Imho only in OFP there was one tracer effect which was close to real tracers.. hmm cant find them anymore. :icon_sad:

Well the 100mm shell is in and working all good. I think ive located the 30mm ejection port from here

http://www.armyrecognition.com/magazine/sample_photos/BMP-3F_russia_armyrecognition_Copyright_079.JPG

I think it must be the small sorta flap next to the 30mm cannon on the left slightly, behind that swing rod or whatever.

Ok thats the BMP3 and Tunka done need BTR,BMP2,LAV25,Bradley,Shelka... lol

Yeah. Looks you are right on the ejection port of the 30mm.Only opening I can see as well.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Found this link: http://www.atk.com/customer_solutions_armamentsystems/cs_as_gs_m242_25mm_b.asp

Says the M242 Bushmaster has forward ejection, which I assume is the ventilated pipe below the barrel as seen in the picture, and since both the LAV-25 and Bradley uses that gun you got two more vehicles nailed :)

Cool thanks guys i should be good now ive got most of the vehicles sorted now and yeh il only add the shell casings to helicopters and not to jets. :)

Great work O.S. You are bringing more grit, oomph, and 'Hell yea!' to this game. Don't know how else to say it.

Eagerly awaiting your update.

Hehe thanks guys, well it be some time before i release 1.4 im sure il be able to get it done by the end of the month but still its going to be quite a improvement as it will contain 2 differnt environments (Snow & Muddy) and also the muzzleflashes, shellcasings, improved sparks, explosions animations & bulletimpacts etc etc. This also might be the last release/update for this mod is well, so im trying my best for this final version if it is that but im pretty sure it will be the last big update to this mod, i want it to be the best. I dont know what else i can do ive sorta reached the limit of what myself and this engine can offer in terms of effects and all that. :)

Edited by Opticalsnare

Hehe thanks guys, well it be some time before i release 1.4 im sure il be able to get it done by the end of the month but still its going to be quite a improvement as it will contain 2 differnt environments (Snow & Muddy) and also the muzzleflashes, shellcasings, improved sparks, explosions animations & bulletimpacts etc etc. This also might be the last release/update for this mod is well, so im trying my best for this final version if it is that but im pretty sure it will be the last big update to this mod, i want it to be the best. I dont know what else i can do ive sorta reached the limit of what myself and this engine can offer in terms of effects and all that. :)

Oh noes, why the last? Why not make smal updates? :) Are u tired of modding now for Arma2? :D

I refuse to accept this soldier. Your work is not done, i want huge explosions and flying corpses. Don't give up!!!!! We need you, MOAR EFFECTS!!!

If you've reached the limits of the engine for FX, that is impressive. It already is something I won't play without, can't wait to see what hits the limit. Thank you.

Well i gotta find a way to disable the old weapon based muzzleflash, anyone got a idea on how to do that without editing all the weapon models and stuff.

I don't really know how doable that is, but if it's not doable, couldn't your fancy muzzle flash be layered on top of it (like the 6-finger muzzle flash from the M16 for example, getting a pretty particle effect over each finger)?

Well daytime it dont really matter as the older ones dont show up really, but night time the olds one show up more and it looks bad lol. I could just edit the weapons .p3d paths and make the textures full transparant by editing the alpha layer.

Edit well actually it seems it be a big task as theres also the vehicles to take into account damn it there must be a way to do it

Edited by Opticalsnare