Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Just wanted to say thanks for helping to improve the visual appeal of the game. :)

I've been using your mod since i first installed ArmA 2 and now i can't imagine playing it without.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next update.

Hi,

I found out a workaround, if anyone wishes to marry GL4 and WarFX without the pixel/square effects you have to edit WarFXPE.pbo in WarFX

config.cpp

Replace this line :

class CfgCloudletShapes {

cloudletUniversal = "\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal.p3d" ;

};

That fix it for good.

I think those two addons get along nicely.

Hi,

I found out a workaround, if anyone wishes to marry GL4 and WarFX without the pixel/square effects you have to edit WarFXPE.pbo in WarFX

config.cpp

Replace this line :

};

That fix it for good.

finally! thanks nikoteen i hope this fix will be release in next version!:yay:

Hi,

config.cpp

Replace this line :

};

That fix it for good.

Thanks bud! Excellent find.

@Opticalsnare i have this 2 errors in .rpt file

warfxpe\particleeffects\config.cpp/WeaponFireGun.size: Cannot update non array from array

warfxpe\particleeffects\config.cpp/WeaponCloudsGun.size: Cannot update non array from array

Im working on something special atm i wanna say it but i dont wanna spoil the suprize but you guys can have a quess, whats one of the most ugliest parts of arma2 effects?

il give you guys a clue they happen when weapons are fired and atm they are very ugly, begins with M....oops letting a bit too much out, hehe il upload a video tomorrow after work and you guys are gonna love it. :P

Muzzle flash! i love arma2 but i will admit that arma2 has the worst muzzle flashes i have ever seen in the history of gaming!

And also the most realistic non flashy blingy ones ...

anyways , i really love your mod , although i think the brightness and size of the sparks should be reduced. also the color is more like gold than yellow.

other than that outstanding work. keep it up. i wish we had an effects scripter *snf*

Im working on something special atm i wanna say it but i dont wanna spoil the suprize but you guys can have a quess, whats one of the most ugliest parts of arma2 effects?

il give you guys a clue they happen when weapons are fired and atm they are very ugly, begins with M....oops letting a bit too much out, hehe il upload a video tomorrow after work and you guys are gonna love it. :P

Man i can give u a hug now!!! ( not a gay one ) :).

oh man, if you give the game pretty muzzle flashes i will worship you for life...

Epic news on the Muzzle flash rennovations they were long overdue. :)

Love the mod now going to love it even more, especially with Chammies sound mod combined. *passes out* :yay:

Muzzle flash! i love arma2 but i will admit that arma2 has the worst muzzle flashes i have ever seen in the history of gaming!

Amen to that.... Hahaha, I've tried to erase the picture of the muzzleflashes in my head only not to get frustrated when everything else is soo good. :D

Go O.S. and show BI howto make this game real. :)

Edited by -=anders=-

Can someone point how I can fix the error message wehn starting the game? It says I am missing an event handler.

But I was still able to play with teh particles working!! Yayeee!

Beautiful work Optical!!!

Edited by Chammy

Can someone point how I can fix the error message wehn starting the game? It says I am missing an event handler.

Most likely because it requires CBA (Community Base Addons)

Extended Event Handler? You need CBA Addon for the Extended Event Handler.pbo

Anyway heres a rough video with the muzzleflashes i said about its still very WIP and needs some work but its getting there, the postions need fixing, and im also working on differnt styles and all that. Differnt Weapons can have differnt flashes and sizes etc and varations are looking good, im also gonna work on the smoke, and hopfully i want to have weapons that have smoking barrels after they been fired and other effects to the weapons is well. And yeh im also working on other aspects of the mod is well and addressing this and that.. :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ZkPGA-idA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ZkPGA-idA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Awesome work - muzzle flashes look loads better than the default. I wish BIS would fix the tracer bug (can't see incoming within a set angle), voted for it over on the Community Issue Tracker.

What's the overhead for running the muzzle flashes? It looks pretty heavy duty to render if there's a lot of shooters letting fly. Good work though :)

Edited by Das Attorney

Looking great especially if theres variety in them like you said, keep up the awesome work Optical.

Hopefully they wont be completely annoying when using NVG's like the BIS ones. :)

Looks nice, any chance of seeing some 125mm muzzle flashes? Or 120mm if you want to show an Abrams, but a T-90 is preferable. :p

Looking much better than BIS static image they call a muzzle flash :D could you post a video of how they look at night? :D good work so far!

Are you going to finetune the explosion orbs/sparks - they look imho a bit too much like real fireworks?

Nice work on muzzleflashes! But will all weapons use the same muzzleflash effect, or do you plan to add more for different weapons?