Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

I just completed the campaign and saw the credits rolling by. It may not be a fantastic game, but they are not completely humourless.

091014sion.JPG

Anyone recognise Sion's desktop background? :)

Hell yeah! :p ... he's about to bleed badly witihin seconds! :D

Wow... Just... Wow...

I kinda chuckled. :eek:

Gotta love you're signature :P

Cheers

Please, anyone who knows the guy in the picture, tell him that it's just a game, a bad one we agree but just a game. There is no need to go to that extreme...:eek:

@CzingerX

Plus this game is highly optimized. The frame rate is silky smooth even for low end pc's.

It's not that the game is optimized, it's just the low poly count and the non existent color palette. Even Arma would give you 100 fps if they had that kind of graphics.

Cheers

if they ever release some SDK tools, i will try to remove the ghey PP effects, see how the game would look without those ;) i guess "dusty" would be the word (not it looks really strange and still....brownish)

Thats a fair review :)

Yet the still managed to say OFP:DR is a "true sequels":rolleyes:, which is like saying "I am your farther", while the fact is in no chance he is:p

Thats a very British form of humor, I love it.

AliMag: its the same guy who showed of hes AR-15 and pistol in the last trailer :p

B7StgOG3UPM

Edited by sparks50

What lock down?, if you mean the forum downtime due to too much network access to both forum and patch download then I really dont think this is due to anger, at one point they even ask fan site like armedassault.info to handle the excess traffic, oh and the forum is back up a few days later, and we dont lock/delete nor ban people complain post unless he break forum rules...

I remember what Second remembers:

I think i recall wave of bannings and locked threads, but that's nothing unusual when hordes of n00bz and ex-fanboiz-current-whinerz with broken dreams storms gaming forums, when something gets released.

I really wish I could dig up a couple examples of the threads I remember getting deleted. They were all of the format:

:mad:OMGWTFBBQ THIS GAME SUXORS MY BULLOCKS. WTF BIS SUXS!:mad:

Frankly, they deserved to be deleted, and their authors banned. Some of the posts that are getting deleted by Codemasters right now are actually decent, while scathing criticisms.

I just saw a post in the CM forums from -Sion Lenton (Exec Producer)-OPDR that to me says it all.

Here is a quote from his message:

"The team have been eagerly reading the reviews and all your feedback on the forums and we’ve been very pleased with how the games been received, especially by console users. One of my main goals on this project was to introduce console gamers to this genre and get them excited about the possibilities of actually having to think about their actions in combat."

Thats a fair review :)

Except for the 'first true sequel' comment.

I just saw a post in the CM forums from -Sion Lenton (Exec Producer)-OPDR that to me says it all.

Here is a quote from his message:

"The team have been eagerly reading the reviews and all your feedback on the forums and we’ve been very pleased with how the games been received, especially by console users. One of my main goals on this project was to introduce console gamers to this genre and get them excited about the possibilities of actually having to think about their actions in combat."

These CM guys really do think pretty highly of themselves huh?

First, Clive Lindrop espousing how he has (re)invented AI unlikes any the world has witnessed. Now Sir Lenton is a modern day Moses who will tame the console masses and teach them a thing or two about repercussions and consequential thinking - good luck with that (think teaching zombies yoga)

Edited by froggyluv

Yet the still managed to say OFP:DR is a "true sequels":rolleyes:, which is like saying "I am your farther", while the fact is in no chance he is:p
Except for the 'first true sequel' comment.

I think what he meant was that ArmA was what people took as the sequel but that DR is the real sequel.

First, Clive Lindrop espousing how he has (re)invented AI unlikes any the world has witnessed. Now Sir Lenton is a modern day Moses who will tame the console masses and teach them a thing or two about repercussions and consequential thinking - good luck with that (think teaching zombies yoga)

I've said this multiple times now, but I'm going to say it again; this game being on console has nothing to do with how it came out. The fact that the developers walked in and said "we're going to make this game accessible to as many gamers as possible" is what took it out of the niche genre that the original Operation Flashpoint and the ArmA series fill. Operation Flashpoint: Elite, made by BIS, is proof of this.

As for the AI. Its junk; they kept touting (even in the manual) how the AI will become surpressed and your AI may disobey orders because of that, but that's a load of crap if you ask me. I have, on multiple occasions, ordered everyone into a building to take cover, only to have them decide after a minute or so that they are under fire too much so they walk outside and go to the nearest fence, which is usually where the gunner who's pinning us down is. I now avoid buildings like the plague. The original OFP had better AI than this, and that was released in 2001.

Well, I wouldnt blame them for making a fun game in a big open world, just dont call it OFP, marketing as if it is OFP, and stop talking crap for being the first, we have OFP:E already took the claim

I actually just got a chance to play the Xbox version with a friend in Multiplayer. OFP Rocks. Come on you can't tell me if you guys actually played it.... Because its great. Just enough complexity for the Xbox crowd. What a great game.

This is actually pretty spot on.

One of the major complaints is that the AI in the campaign couldn't hit you if you were standing a meter away from them. There's also the problem that you can rush the AI and take them out with a knife before they hit you.

This seems stupid to PC players, but imagine an XBOX player who somehow missed out of years of Halo multiplayer. Those new fps console players couldn't handle any AI half as tough as ArmA's.

So, CM catered to the masses, and this is what annoys PC players so much.

Here's links to my video's.

I'm done making them. It's so openly pathetic how they developed this. So shoddy, it's hysterical. The Dragon Rising Fanboyz have tried and tried to explain to me how I don't know the editor, that I've set the AI to "Green" when I've left it set at default. The reason, I didn't want people to accuse me of changing the AI settings. Then I made two videos showing them set at Veteran status.

Then one guy told me that I had to set a placeholder for AI Danger Alert so I couldn't walk up on them. Basically saying I was an idiot, because you have to set a trigger for the AI to engage you. Are you serious? Isn't that the dumbest thing? The sorry part, is I really don't alter anything when making these. Not one single bit.

The TRULY sad part, is that by messing with this and showing the total lack of the AI to detect, engage, shoot, hit, ANYthing, my Arma2 skills have dropped off. In A2 I found myself just now habitually walking into the open like a Dragon Rising idiot, and getting shot to hell. So I'm done, it's screwing up my Arma2 Skills.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy. They were fun, at the same time totally pathetic.

Luhgnut's Dragon Rising Failure Video Library Start on second from bottom in Uploads. The bottom was a test I did for a bug turn in for Arma2

Luhgnut;1463157']Here's links to my video's.

I'm done making them. It's so openly pathetic how they developed this. So shoddy' date=' it's hysterical. The Dragon Rising Fanboyz have tried and tried to explain to me how I don't know the editor, that I've set the AI to "Green" when I've left it set at default. The reason, I didn't want people to accuse me of changing the AI settings. Then I made two videos showing them set at Veteran status.

Then one guy told me that I had to set a placeholder for AI Danger Alert so I couldn't walk up on them. Basically saying I was an idiot, because you have to set a trigger for the AI to engage you. Are you serious? Isn't that the dumbest thing? The sorry part, is I really don't alter anything when making these. Not one single bit.

The TRULY sad part, is that by messing with this and showing the total lack of the AI to detect, engage, shoot, hit, ANYthing, my Arma2 skills have dropped off. In A2 I found myself just now habitually walking into the open like a Dragon Rising idiot, and getting shot to hell. So I'm done, it's screwing up my Arma2 Skills.

Luhgnut's Dragon Rising Failure Video Library Start on second from bottom in Uploads. The bottom was a test I did for a bug turn in for Arma2

dont waste your time my friend this game aint worth the mentioning its pathetic.

I saw the AI do something very similar to what happened to you at the end, Luhgnut. I thought it was just a one off thing, like some of the quirks in ArmA II's AI, but apparently not. It's hilarious how you actually moved him that little bit and he still didn't notice you. :D

I've had AI in Arma 2 miss me terribly while I strafed (albeit at five times that range), and occasionally they will charge me suicidally without attempting to shoot, but it's a fluke and it feels like it. Your videos make it look like it's a consistent result, which is pretty sad.

Anyways, cue hysterical accusations that the guy you knifed in the back was targeting something in the distance.

And strangely, the PC average score is higher than the console score.

This is actually pretty spot on.

One of the major complaints is that the AI in the campaign couldn't hit you if you were standing a meter away from them. There's also the problem that you can rush the AI and take them out with a knife before they hit you.

This seems stupid to PC players, but imagine an XBOX player who somehow missed out of years of Halo multiplayer. Those new fps console players couldn't handle any AI half as tough as ArmA's.

So, CM catered to the masses, and this is what annoys PC players so much.

I've been playing the PC version and I'm getting shot right and left... I'm not playing on the easy setting, but not hardcore or whatever it's called in this game either. I'm only at mission 3 but so far it runs like a dream for me and I have yet to see anything that makes me dislike the game other than no lean and drab PP. I have to turn ARMA and ARMAII down so much to play that OFPDR looks much better by comparison. I'm enjoying it enough to make a post anyway. It's not better by any means but at least it's something new and I can run it well with 0 work and I don't do MP so this game isn't horrible for me atm.

Luhgnut;1463157']Here's links to my video's.

I'm done making them. It's so openly pathetic how they developed this. So shoddy' date=' it's hysterical. The Dragon Rising Fanboyz have tried and tried to explain to me how I don't know the editor, that I've set the AI to "Green" when I've left it set at default. The reason, I didn't want people to accuse me of changing the AI settings. Then I made two videos showing them set at Veteran status.

I really want to see AI at elite :p