Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

I also start to feel sorry for the Modders at CM Forums. There obviously won´t be any kind of modding in that game.

Edited by Tonci87

Just take a look at the posters on the "other forum". CM keeps dropping these massive "we scammed you all" posts, and they seem to act like nothing's happened, or that what has happened is relatively minor.

To me it seems more like they committed to something, threw all other options overboard, and are now stuck on the sinking ship (although a comparison with Titanic is more accurate, greatest thing ever, cannot fail, sank just after being launched, 98 years on the bottom and counting).

I also start to feel sorry for the Modders at CM Forums. There obviously won´t be any kind of modding in that game.

Don't buy into the obvious lies and slander of the ArmA2 fanbois ;)

:j:

That an SDK would not be released was pretty clear right after release, I mean even a simple mission needs the involvement of Codemasters' coders to get anywhere. So if a simple mission requires that much inside knowledge, God/Darwin only knows what assets an actual modification/total conversion would require.

What modders? It is only one cracker (or hacker) there. :o

fsscr035.jpg

Here are the kinds of exciting things happening over in the DR modding forum.

Oh, by the way, CM. Origin Systems called. Strike Commander wants its sidewinder missile model back.

Here are the kinds of exciting things happening over in the DR modding forum.

Oh, by the way, CM. Origin Systems called. Strike Commander wants its sidewinder missile model back.

LOL.... all i can say is LOL & attachTo :p

Edited by JW Custom

That's an insult to Strike Commander *sigh* (loved that game, even the manual)

They need to attach a MP5 for close quarter approaches and a soldier with more grenades in his pockets and everything will be perfect for DR.

maybe thats the idea of "armed to the teeth" over there:D

look at this rocket model and textures, i know why CM says about sequel :D

they have the same polycount and 256*256 textures as in OFP :D

Another piece of news from CM:

Oooo-kaaaay...

I really feel sorry for those guys on CM forums in the modding section (whatever CM staff thinks "modding" means) devoting their time to creating models in hope that it may be possible to import it...

Well, I'm pretty sure there is a good reason why CM didn't announce this sooner :)

($$$)

Ok, how long have peoples been asking about SDK and modding?? since like Release day + 10 seconds? It's been how long? Now suddenly "Oh we're sorry there won't be that ability." It took Helios several attempts to get a response from CM about this. Stating that he's been trying for a long time to get an official answer, so months after release, he posts that because of the massive amounts of data in the data streams and the compiler, you can't mod.

They don't even listen to their paid employees!

Luhgnuts Version of Myth Busters:

- Statement: "Runs great on anytype of pc hardware!"

- Reason: It's created for a system that is 10% the power of the lowliest PC.

- Statement: "This is a great game can't wait until they add planes."

- Reasons they won't:

1) The LOD is so low that you couldn't pick out a tank 200ft above it.

2) You're moving so fast relatively that the AI can't lock on you to detect your 3D position. At jet speeds, by the time they sample and fire, they would have to spread their spray pattern thousands of feet in all directions.

- Statement: "The AI in DR is deadly accurate"

- Reason: "Three member Echelon will fire 3 rounds each every 1.5 seconds. With over-spray, that's approx 21 rounds fired every cycle. If you're standing in the sweet spot of 75Meters (their optimal spray pattern) and not moving, 21 rounds every cycle will be concentrated in your general direction. Basically your being fired at by a shotgun. You'll prolly get hit. By something. Once you are hit, a random roll is done and if you're in the percentile, it's a one shot kill. You can die instantly by being hit in the finger.

Don't engage the enemy in their focal point (move further away to "hide" in the spray dispersion, or move closer at an angle out of their firing arc.

-Statement" the enemy are really accurate with a missile against a helo in DR. Much smarter than Arma2"

- Reason "Of course they are: The players position is "sampled" when the missile is fired as point B, you are moving so slow that the missile flies from point A directly to point B (actually the animation makes it look like somethings flying). you can't avoid, the missile animation knows exactly where you are. The animation of the missile fires in the general direction for "shock and awe", but the actual detonation is instant at your position. The animation and detonation are two separate things. You'll notice that the missile animation vanishes within 50 feet of the helo, then there is the explosion. They just create the explosion where you are. duh.

a) rocket is "fired" - Sample shooters position, sample players position

b) create a trail of 2D graphics from point A) to point B)

c) player has moved but we really don't know where he is.

d) on next sample cycle, sample player position,create explosion on player position

accuracy my butt.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

I have to announce that BIS will not now be releasing an SDK either......

OMFG that's me like so totally outta here, you should of gone done gotten y'all some PROPER devs ConsoleMAsters, EPIC FAIL Lol, srsly this game is the epic FAIL of all time!!! C ya soon hangin out wit ma buddies on the l33t (insert run'n'gun shooter title here) forums, gamertag: CONSOLMASTRS R EPIC FAIL LOL!!!! c ya peace out.

Or something like that, anyway...

Placebo = Helios:rolleyes:

lol

Can u imagine the BIS forums

Placebo, Will SDK be released?

Placebo, are there plans for SDK?

Placebo, why no SDK?

:D:D:D

And what about them dedicated servers?? :eek:

We want this game to be balanced for lean!! :mad:

Well thats it. You've made my mind up. I've been following this thread for quite some time now and to hear there will be no tools released for arma2 well thats the straw that broke the camels back. If I have to choose between ofp2 and arma2 then its ofp2 then. It runs soooo much better than arma2 on my machine and if both games dont support modding well I might as well go buy the true sequel then. I'm gonna go buy OFP2 now:D

With no tools I'll just have to spend my time scripting all out war missions with that can only display 64 entities at a time. That should take a while.

Edited by Max Power

*choke* Humor *hack* so dry *gasp* throat caked up.. can't laugh. Ohh, it hurts. :D

Good one

As i stated before, this Thread is getting more and more epic. A true history of FAIL^^

Wow, Polaris actually has a point. :eek:

There is, after all, only 49 votes in that poll, and the majority think it still has a chance. That's because the only people still around to vote in said polls are people who are going to stick with the game even when Codemasters announce that they are cutting all ties to it and moving on to develop different games. :rolleyes:

are people who are going to stick with the game even when Codemasters announce that they are cutting all ties to it and moving on to develop different games. :rolleyes:

And even more painfully, will continue to state with firm belief that CM will come to the rescue out of nowhere by bringing them a patch that will make DR into the perfect game. DR2 should be named ""Dragon Rising 2: Plunge Into The Nile" (phonetic pun on the last 2 words).