Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

I spied a reference to the "End of the World" video in there, Luhgnut. Funny shiz!

I spied a reference to the "End of the World" video in there, Luhgnut. Funny shiz!

Australia is going "WTF Mate?"

damn this topic is still going on......i thought everyone forgot about this game already....i had forgotten about it until i noticed this topic was still running and gained another 100 pages

And every 100 or so pages, there's people telling us to stop talking about it. It's a perpetual cycle. :p

Beating DR to the ground has reminded me of an episode from The Simpsons where Scratchy chops Itchy into chunks and the chunks come back as several little Itchys and then Scratchy chops all those little Itchys into a pulp and that pulp gets chopped so much that it becomes nothing but a pile of mush and then starts to steam...lol....when will the beating stop....LOL...I think DR has tapped out already.

And every 100 or so pages, there's people telling us to stop talking about it. It's a perpetual cycle. :p

Damn it, YES!

You guys were beating a dead horse 200 pages ago, it was already a pulp back then, now there's no horse left.

Just let it go ffs.

"Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."

And so the term 'Enough has been said!' seems to never get applied here. I mean sometimes I've got the feeling that every single bit of DR was discussed, actually, but then I get happily surprised with a new topic from the guys of 'how to beat a dead horse best in the longer term'-club. Funny? In parts! ;)

If [RIP] Luhgnut is gunna keep writing DR scripts like that, This thread can keep going. [RIP] Luhgnut you should paste your transcript over on CM forums in the LOD/FOV thread.

Beating DR to the ground has reminded me of an episode from The Simpsons where Scratchy chops Itchy into chunks and the chunks come back as several little Itchys and then Scratchy chops all those little Itchys into a pulp and that pulp gets chopped so much that it becomes nothing but a pile of mush and then starts to steam...lol....when will the beating stop....LOL...I think DR has tapped out already.

Then each microscopic piece forms into its own tiny itchy and scratchy inhales some of them... and millions of tiny itchies start chopping scratchy apart at the cellular level.

Just remember that.

Luhgnut;1545870']already been done.

What have you done? Mentioned Arma2? ^^

And a couple of links to the 'Classic' DR video, I believe.

for their contest, I posted my links showing how moronic DR is as an entry for their contest.

guess they didn't appreciate it.

Luhgnut;1545550']The Rock-tank from the above firefight.

CLICK

To be fair, ArmA II's LOD's of vehicles and units aren't perfect too sometimes :( A few minutes ago I had some unarmed marines ejecting from a Huey and they had no heads :pet5: I was standing about 30 metres away ... it was horrible ... I've got a video of it so I can extract a screenshot of it, if anyone is interested.

To be fair to ArmA II, it's only happening with a certain FOV, a certain distance from the unit, it's only happening to some unit types and they have to be damaged (at least they were in my test).

arma22010011621463734.th.jpgarma22010011621474525.th.jpg

That's one bad issue where ArmA II is as bad as DR :( I hope not for long.

Ive never seen the headless guys in Arma2, I sometimes get slow texture loading, but that is milliseconds of bad LOD. Since ive been using a ramdisk and PROPER game tweaks i rarely even see bad LODs.

To be fair to ArmA II, it's only happening with a certain FOV, a certain distance from the unit, it's only happening to some unit types and they have to be damaged (at least they were in my test).

arma22010011621463734.th.jpgarma22010011621474525.th.jpg

That's one bad issue where ArmA II is as bad as DR :( I hope not for long.

Try increase your objects detail setting, having it on very low, low or normal can cause headless units :)

Try increase your objects detail setting, having it on very low, low or normal can cause headless units :)

I actually reported this to the BIS bug reporting and it was assigned to be worked on. If you have your object LOD to low or normal, they are headless sometimes.

it's being worked on.

Thanks for the hint, object details were indeed on normal settings. I'll have a look into it again. However it shouldn't happen in the first place.

Now let's get on with ... 'the other game' :D When do we start 'guess time' and try to guess the exact release date of the sequel?