Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

I personally dont care on such things in games like ArmA2 or DR as long as its no fundamental stuff.

I personally dont care on such things in games like ArmA2 or DR as long as its no fundamental stuff.

I agree on that.

THey have a super Rambo bug? OMFG this is getting better with every new Patch^^

THey have a super Rambo bug? OMFG this is getting better with every new Patch^^

DR is a super rambo bug :p

you mean AH-6J right? thats whats in the game.

youre quote talks about navy seals. isnt it marines and marine force recon in DR?

In September 2009 two AH-6 helicopters were used in an operation in Somalia by U.S. Navy SEALs to kill wanted terrorist Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan.[5].

According to public sources, Google will give plenty of them, those particular choppers were flown by 160th SOAR crews as normal. The Navy doesn't operate them nor does USMC.

you mean AH-6J right? thats whats in the game.

AH-6 and MH-6 are the same basic airframe, they get different prefixes according to their mission equipment. I.e. you can make an MH-6 into an AH-6 by removing the benches and attaching the weapons "planks" (I kid you not, thats what they're called), the opposite is also true.

Regardless of semantics, the H-6J (and M) are US Army assests, flown ONLY by 160th SOAR. As part of SOCOM they can ferry around whoever, but it is usually [OMG] Delta, and Rangers, since they are also Army units. SEALs and MSOR could certainly be transported, but usually only if co-deployed with Army units.

As such, their inclusion in a USMC based game is wrong, BIS is also at fault here, but they can be blamed for re-using existing art assests. CM have no excuse, as they had no existing artwork, and their extensive team of researchers should have identified that the aircraft is incorrect for the deployment.

Its funny, if you look at the list of assets, DR is almost a clone of ArmA2, in terms of vehicles, weapons and so on......

The inclusion of that is something I have never understood...

Since when do USMC Force Recon typically use silenced M16A4s? :confused:

putting a silencer on a M16 is sort of useless. You really need a subsonic round to really reduce the ballistic crack. Since the M16 and light assault rifles rely on hyper speeds for the bullet effectiveness, putting a silencer on one is really quite silly. On an M16 or variant, you're only minimizing the hyper expanding gasses at the muzzle which are going faster than the speed of sound. When the bullet drops back down out of speed of sound it makes another crack. (Which you hear in Arma2 constantly as they pass and are slowing down.

That's why you don't push the bullet past the speed of sound in the first place, then since you don't have a sonic boom (crack) the suppressor muffles the supersonic gases at the muzzle. And then the silencer/suppressor is effective.

To make the M16 effective you would have to slow the bullet down so much as to not exceed the sound barrier, which would make the light bullet useless.

In RL, you would never see a silenced recon team with M16's. They would opt for the 9mm Parabelum slowed down for close work. Tests show that firing an M16 with current silencer technology puts out 180db's. A chainsaw puts out 160dbs for example.

But I also didn't have access to real military experts such as CM did to make sure of accuracy in their weapon loadouts. I just had google. and a few minutes to read up on it.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Its funny, if you look at the list of assets, DR is almost a clone of ArmA2, in terms of vehicles, weapons and so on......

not quite.... compare this video to what's in DR. This is before the beloved 1.05 patch, and Ace2 vehicles. Good thing cause this little doggy would be tired running with those vehicles included in this.

Word of Caution DR Fans.... you'll see something shockingly foreign to you.... it's called an airplane. They use them in wars so I hear. Tell CM.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

LOL

FOV or LOD fix? Nope.

LOL

ACE sounds in DR?

Clearly that would make DR even more full of awesomeness...

To me, the sounds in DR sound like Airsoft Guns. Granted the default sounds in Arma2 are sorta "meh", but you put a sound mod on or Ace2 sounds on and it's like mad crazy go nuts.

oh and that post. taking the sounds from Arma2 and putting them in DR. The default sounds in Arma2 aren't that great and they say to use them and that's "Boss"? They keep trying to make DR into Arma2.

Let's polish this turd some more eh? What they SHOULD do, is take the sounds from A2, the Graphics from MW4, and the "award winning" Ego technology, then put templar's AI mod in,

They can call it "Operation Armed Dragon Warfare Enhanced". Then let Lenton loose.... he can say things like "It's so realistic that if you get shot, you literally go into a coma for 5 min."

Now you have a winner.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

LOL

FOV or LOD fix? Nope.

That is just so lame it's beyond reasoning...

They can't alter FOV because it's hardcoded... WTF?

I get the feeling that CM honestly don't want to help the proud PC owners out there. They're not offering up anything on anything slightly resembling whats considered important to tweak/fix.

The 63 entity limit was slightly enhanced by the fricken purchasers of the game, why wouldn't CM at least help push that number up? If they can't improve FOV they ain't ever going to add freelook...man, F*ck those guys.

Helios mentioned in one of the threads that he talked to the Dev's and they said there is no way of changing the LOD scaling (which I can understand) and there's no way to change the FOV as it's hard coded (which is kindof a really bad implimentation).... which have already been mentioned in this thread, anyways... moving on

Well, isn't that what patches are for, to fix hardcoded stuff? The devs cannot fix their own code because... it's in code?

I get the feeling that CM honestly don't want to help the proud PC owners out there.

Maybe it's that they don't want to introduce a code branch into the EGO engine specifically for DR?

This just in....... top secret communications intercepted between Dragon Rising AI Soldiers...

<static>

Leader: "Shh quiet, there's a tank up ahead."

#1 : "Sir that's a pile of rocks."

Leader: "It is? #2, look through your toilet paper tube and tell me what it is."

#2 "It's a baby wolf"

Leader: "No no next to the baby wolf. That big pile of dirt, is that a tank or a pile of rocks."

#2: "no joy sir, don't see what you're talking about."

Leader: "Turn 3 degrees to your left.... no... you're other left."

#2: "Sir, I can confirm that it's a baby wolf. Or a machine gunner."

Leader: "Turn more."

#2: "Sir yes it's a BTR"

#1: "It's a tank"

#2: "oh next to the BTR is a pile of rocks, and a baby wolf machine gunner."

Leader: "Ok, #1, waddle up 100 meters and see what it is. Then come back."

#1: "But what if it shoots at me?"

Leader: "Turn on your invisi-shield"

#1: "Roger"

< twenty minutes later>

#1: "Well it's a tank"

Leader: "All fire on that pile of rocks!"

^^ hahahahahahha like it.

What were CM thinking when they were porting it over to PC..

luhgnut;1544978']

they can call it "operation armed dragon warfare enhanced". Then let lenton loose.... He can say things like "it's so realistic that if you get shot' date=' you literally go into a coma for 5 min."

now you have a winner.[/quote']pmsl :D

Now, my biggest hope for DR was that with the 3nd Patch the LOD and the FOV will be fixed.... :(

Maybe i have to give ArmA2 SP another chance !

Luhgnut;1545002']

Leader: "Shh quiet' date=' there's a tank up ahead."

#1 : "Sir that's a pile of rocks."

Leader: "It is? #2, look through your toilet paper tube and tell me what it is."

#2 "It's a baby wolf"

Leader: "No no next to the baby wolf. That big pile of dirt, is that a tank or a pile of rocks."

#2: "no joy sir, don't see what you're talking about."

Leader: "Turn 3 degrees to your left.... no... you're other left."

#2: "Sir, I can confirm that it's a baby wolf. Or a machine gunner."

Leader: "Turn more."

#2: "Sir yes it's a BTR"

#1: "It's a tank"

#2: "oh next to the BTR is a pile of rocks, and a baby wolf machine gunner."

Leader: "Ok, #1, waddle up 100 meters and see what it is. Then come back."

#1: "But what if it shoots at me?"

Leader: "Turn on your invisi-shield, [b']how copy?[/b]"

#1: "Roger" "Solid copy, Oscar Mike"

< twenty minutes later>

Leader: "All fire on that pile of rocks!"

Fixed it up for you :)

You forgot to put this

Luhgnut;1545002']This just in....... top secret communications intercepted between Dragon Rising AI Soldiers...

< twenty minutes later>

Leader: "All fire on that pile of rocks! and don't forget to activate the "super AI" from Templar !"

You forgot to put this

continuing....

#1: "Sir it's been 2 hours and we've hit the pile of rocks twice!"

Leader: "It's ok we have unlimited ammo."

#2: "Sir, there's some sort of thing coming around the rock-tank."

Leader: "I don't see it."

#2 "step forward two feet."

<vehicle pops>

Leader "Ah, I see it now." the rest of you guys keep shooting at the rock-tank"

#1 "But I'm tired."

Leader: "Well take a nap, then fire at the rock-tank"

#2 "Sir, we should do something about that other thing."

Leader "#2, flank left, wait, here's your tether so you don't die."

#2, "Whew, nearly forgot. Thanks Sir."

<#2 takes off to flank the "other thing">

<Radio from #2>

#2 Sir - bad news. A minute ago, the field was clear, but suddenly there are a bunch of enemy - well I think they're enemy, when did Chinese look like Americans?"

Leader: "wait for a patch."

#1 "Sir, we've hit the rock-tank again!"

Leader: "Excellent work men."

I take it the poor baby wolf was collateral damage? Good thing DR can't be modded or the frikkin PETA addon would be on your ass splashing red paint.

Great sense of humor Luhgnut. ROFLOL'ed

OMFG Luhgnut you are the best. I´m laughing my ass off. Good Sense of Humor:p

Luhgnut;1544978']

They can call it "Operation Armed Dragon Warfare Enhanced". Then let Lenton loose.... he can say things like "It's so realistic that if you get shot' date=' you literally go into a coma for 5 min."

Now you have a winner.[/quote']

And then they can milk it with sequels, and call them Operation Armed Dragon Warfare Enhanced IN VEGAS."