Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

Another happy customer!!!!

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/403867-its-okay.html

And some wise words from the supporters have a look at entry No 7 just put a smile on me dial.

I don’t think they will release the SDK any time in the near future. Polis and his motley crew I think you will find that the 2 mods were part of the heroes group and we know who they look after.

2/4

Luhgnut;1541697']I particularly enjoyed the post from temp saying he didn't troll forums. I got a little chuckle from that. What's also amusing that over there' date=' if you say something negative about DR, you get pounced on with smart ass comments. Same guy that posts those smart ass comments over there, hates it when he does the same here, and get's stomped.

From Temp: "No I did not, but you also dont see me feeling so ripped off that I need to troll a forum." - Oh rehea-lly.

Again, I say, they are eating their young over there.

His hypocrisy holds no bounds.[/quote']

This thread is not here for people to bash each other, this thread is not here for people's over inflated egos, this thread is not here to copy and paste comments from people from other forums, this thread is here solely to discuss the game in its title, the personal bickering must stop, the trolling must stop else further infractions will be given out. This message is for everyone.

you all need to learn to listen to your moderators.

and luhgnut, you obviously cant read, I said I dont feel ripped off enough to troll a forum. firstly, I was talking about DR, and secondly. if you call my posts troll posts, then my "trolling" here has nothing to do with feeling ripped off. but you knew that, you just want to continue your personal bash session, despite the VERY clear warning above

You need to deflate your big head.

I can't believe how many pages of posts have been piled on here in so short a time. I wondered if there was a surprise patch, new content, domestic terrorist activity at CM headquarters.. But no, just a bunch of arguing. Most of which isn't even about DR.

Surprisingly this OT bickering is much more interesting and involving than DR itself. Sad to say, but true to many. Thanks all for the laughs.

Regardless of whatever, Temp is right about one thing, there shouldn't be anymore of this junk. Back to on topic.

Its seems there are a few people that never visited that other forum from June 2008 to August 2009, CM hyped this game to the max and most of you know the rest of the other crap they carried on with. It’s a pity they didn’t warn the potential buyer back then about how this game was nothing like the original.

My last post still stands it pointed out another happy customer and I am sure if I have broken a rule I will be notified.

2/4

Funny I was quoted a few times from the CM forums on here, the crappy LOD scaling in the game, my Alt-tab bug hotfix request that was blantly Smitted down, telling me to go to Customer Service, like they're gonna be able to do a god damn thing!

CM is so full of themselves and patch 2 if it doesnt bring change like what Obama is doing now, then I will never buy another thing ever related to Consolemasters again, numerous times I kindly asked to talk with a developer on a certain subject, maybe put some common sense into em. Anyways CM's management is dirt poor atm.

Anyways enough talk about CM as a conpany, I believe this "class one bug" is a P.O.S excuse to allow them to have way more time on this patch, seeing how they still probably havent did a damn thing expect made colored smoke gamemode which is possible with the editor!

Probably only 3 people working on the patch everyone else is probably working on some other project.

SDK lie

No Dedicated servers

Huge pings online

hardly anyone online

LOD mess, worse than arma 2 honestly

jack up gameplay mechanics, like switching your weapons, delays on hell everything, physics that are totally FUBAR

Even the smallest things like a proper working interface and ALT-TAB dont even work!

Shows how much Quality Assurance went into Dragon Rice.

It's interesting I've been keeping an eye on the thread that was started which was promoting the IP theft of BIS products by downloading torrents etc.

Seems CM are more than happy to leave it up as long as no one mentions DR torrents.

Yet if you mention Arma2 you'll be banned, strange how things work out sometimes, surely CM would be just as worried as any other publisher having a forum with threads promoting theft?

No, no new updates for DR have been released for the PC. Apparently, the DLC that came with the consoles already will be included in the second patch for DR. I wonder if it'll ever see the light of day. One thing's for sure - if they release the second patch, it'll be the last one for DR.

if you will see the light ?

in case of DR it must be train rolling at the end of your tunnel :D

and luhgnut, you obviously cant read, I said I dont feel ripped off enough to troll a forum. firstly, I was talking about DR, and secondly. if you call my posts troll posts, then my "trolling" here has nothing to do with feeling ripped off. but you knew that, you just want to continue your personal bash session, despite the VERY clear warning above

ah, yup you're correct, didn't see that from Placebo, so I'll take an Infraction point if it's distributed. Haven't had one in a while anyway.

Sorry to hurt your feelings. I've been told I need to be more sympathetic to others.

This more or less cracks it down to the point. The funny this is: OFP/ArmA/ArmA2's predication is no innovation.

This has already been done in Duke Nukem 3D (1996). DR however takes a step back into the 8-bit era.

@luhgnut

Is that also true for AI units in an echelon?

@Andi

How is it that Duke had predication? The bullets in that thing had infinite speed. They don't need to lead targets.

Exactly and theres a part for you too in your quote!!

@luhgnut

I thought echelons didn´t do anything to the individual AIs means of aquiring targets and shooting them, but rather their reaction speeds, coordination and group tactics?

Unless I´m mistaken, that would mean that an Echelon doesn´t do anything to their predication/precision, but only to how long they take to spot, target and move on you.

@luhgnut

@Andi

How is it that Duke had predication? The bullets in that thing had infinite speed. They don't need to lead targets.

Echelon simply over sprays each others cone as well as: hmmm trying to figure out a way of doing it textually. I'll take a crack at it.

Echelon

Troop A samples

Troop B samples

Troop C samples

Player position SHOULD be where Troop C saw him (give or take the distance he could have run), since he saw him last. Everybody focus on where Troop C saw him cause he saw him last and overspray at the last position.

that's about right.

In essence they are playing "Marco Polo".

I don't recall Duke having predication, what they did though, is have a high rate of fire, gang attack you, and sample very very fast. So no matter where you were, and with the mass attack going on, something somewhere was shooting at you, or where you were at last sample. But because they sampled so damn fast, they had a pretty good idea of your position constantly. oh duh, Duke Nukem.... I'm thinking his brother Serious Sam. lol. need more coffee. Yes, Duke had predication but not every toon had it if I recall. I know the pigs with rockets had some but it was pretty rough because if you heard a rocket fire, and suddenly stopped, the rocket would hit the wall pretty damn close to where you should have been. Yeah I think you're right.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

[/color]

I thought echelons didn´t do anything to the individual AIs means of aquiring targets and shooting them, but rather their reaction speeds, coordination and group tactics?

Unless I´m mistaken, that would mean that an Echelon doesn´t do anything to their predication/precision, but only to how long they take to spot, target and move on you.

this is correct.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

heh

kicking dead horse pleases us :D

i get to one Polish forum about gaming in forum Dragon Rising

a lot of posts - before demo released

end of November 2009... dead , even no single post since end of November, hugh :D

it is forum full of OFP CWC players and some MP clans

why people moan on A2 and praise DR (in past or lamers) ?

cut from Arma:

- AI

- graphical effect (smokes 3d)

- multiple complicated buildings, objects, multiple units models, multiple trees

you will get for sure FPS better than DR

Edited by vilas

Luhgnut;1542099']I put together a little diagram showing the Arma/Arma2 Predication vs. the Dragon Rising "Predication" or lack thereof.

CLICK!

Interesting stuff Luhgnut' date=' now i would like to hear Templars opinion to that because he really knows the AI system of DR.

But the "deadly accurate" AI in ArmA2 is one of my main points of critique, and iam not alone...

See here:

[url']http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1540924&postcount=565[/url]

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1541655&postcount=566

Interesting stuff Luhgnut, now i would like to hear Templars opinion to that because he really knows the AI system of DR.

But the "deadly accurate" AI in ArmA2 is one of my main points of critique, and iam not alone...

Indeed Luhgnut, it's nice to see some info from someone who clearly knows what he's talking about. I would however like to hear Templars take on this too.

As for the deadly AI, arn't there mods out there that tone the AI down?

Based on my own experience as Army Soldier (Swiss army, you may google for it) i've never had the feeling that AI was over-accurate, just as accurate as i would expect a trained soldier.And a fairly well trained soldier (speaking about simple regular soldiers, not special units or similar) is pretty deadly up to 300m with ironsights, not speaking about scoped weapons.

heh, once you know how Arma2 works, you can get around that as well. Well sorta. you can't really "cheat" your way out of Arma2 AI like DR. The way out trouble with Arma2 AI is not to be the priority target of the moment. Like a tank will prioritize a missile soldier first. As it should. Same with officers. If you're an officer with a rocket launcher, you win the award for "shoot that sucker first." My little cousin (if you consider 6'4" and 260lbs little) is a ranger and was watching me play over Christmas. I got pinned down and thought for sure I was toast, he said "do this and drop back and get behind this tree, now backup and sidestep." Something like that, and I did and made it out without a scratch.

Then he wanted to try it so I made up a little mission for him to get the controls down. He fumbled about for a bit and I just let him go on. About 2 hours later he came out and said "That's seriously real." He bought a beefy computer and never really played computer games, but he owns the computer and Arma2. That's it.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

AI in A1/A2 problem was not accuracy, but "how the hell he knew i am here"

Based on my own experience as Army Soldier (Swiss army, you may google for it) i've never had the feeling that AI was over-accurate, just as accurate as i would expect a trained soldier.And a fairly well trained soldier (speaking about simple regular soldiers, not special units or similar) is pretty deadly up to 300m with ironsights, not speaking about scoped weapons.

Yes, at the shooting range maybe. ;)

The point is that no game can model a humans ability to stay alive and take cover. And ArmA2 cant do it at all. The AI runs at open terrain to attack you and will not stay inside a hous to ambush you and take cover quick so you maybe dont know who is shooting from where for a long time. Now you would finde cover too and now we have the enemy in good cover/ fighting positions and you too.

Because ArmA2 cant do such things and the player/the AI will not have massive fear and stress the AI should be less accurate to compensate these limitations.

Pretty simple solution:

In your name.ArmA2Profile set:

skillEnemy=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.5;

This will give your long gunfights. You can set it lower or higher all after liking.

You can also adjust these settings from:

Game options->Difficulty->YOURDIFFICULTY->Edit->Enemy units

But this way skillEnemy & precisionEnemy goes hand in hand.

Pretty simple huh ;)