Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

This should get interesting

OP: " paid good money on OFDR. im just asking: is it just me why i feel so down or are the guys over at Arma2 just better off?"

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/403888-i-feel-sick.html

lol, this is another reason (reasons for me are far too many)why DR & CM blundered huge on this. DR is a console FPS and that is it. The only justified comparison to ARMA II is the name Operation Flashpoint. CM's claim of being a sequel and failing on this front has lost their creditability. The one thing one cannot deny about ARMA II is that it keeps evolving long after the purchase. Hell, I still play ARMA I user content and I bought that 4+ years ago and have not spent another dime on it. This guys comment on finding a cracked copy pisses me off. These are the same weasels that criticize the most.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

For those of you who had asked for it, I have now posted the video I recorded explaining how I control AI squad mates in ArmA II. You can find it here.

Awesome videos Zipper5. I've followed this post and was wondering whether you would back up your words. That you've done sir totally cool!

Managing the AI enhances the game experience and when done correctly can be a lot of fun. The AI pathfinding for vehicles have been much improved since initial release. Accepting the imperfections of AI technology will help the experience. It's never been game breaking. Maybe some day a programming guru will develop and perfect the "Do What I Mean Key".... LOL

Omg the guy in the linked thread is so ... *enter a bad word* ...

when this thread gets closed ima gonna go lookin for an ARMA 2 torrent + crack...

@Ingönyama:

Say hello to the lawyers of Morphicon :rolleyes:

Post #16 in the thread linked above is priceless:

I believe in OFP: DR.

It could be a -much- better game than Arma2.[...]

More awesomeness to follow...

He's had a full 2 days playing Arma2 ( "I purchased ARMA2 played that for about 2 days before shelfing it too for various reasons" ) AND he's made a mission for OPFDR, of course he's a guru. :rolleyes:

so he makes a mission. One mission and DR people are supposed to bow down. On the other hand, there are dozens if not hundreds of people making superiour missions and mods for Arma2 and they don't jump up and down saying "look at me! I made a mission!" Get's frustrated when the Arma2 people go "meh".

Although the mission on DR is far superior to anything else out there for DR, it's not even average for Arma2 recognition.

I equate his mission to "The worlds most perfect toothpick."

Luhgnut;1540627']

I equate his mission to "The worlds most perfect toothpick."

LOL nice comparing :p

I´m kinda surprised that this templarwtf kid is still around, as his clear intentions are only to get banned in here so he can go back to the other forum linking "hey i got banned there because i was tellin da true about their shitty game". Make his wish come true please.

On-topic I´m actually not surprised that DR is passing away at record-breaking time, because even when all comparison left out, the game is totally bad, well, for trying to be a game. I mean no CD-Key (some people think fade sux lol, but its still better than nothing), P2P connection for a large scale "simulator"? lol. LOD issues, bugged controls that stop responding, 30 entities for war, exactly 3 tree models + 2 house models for a huge island, brainwashed AI, hardcoded parkinson´s disease instead of weapon sway, 5 hours of singleplayer + laggy multiplayer... I could go on and on with that, the actual problem is that you cant find one single thing that DR does so good in comparison with any other game. Thats why most people after trying DR just think "oh whats the point" and move to game x, which ussually is at least a proper playable game.

i've been looking at this closely...maybe someone can answer me this question. Are the PLA and US troops in DR using the same model? If not then it is certainly a very similar base. Seems kinda lazy to me.

You're even admitting to deliberately trolling. That would get you shadow-banned on the "other" forum. :rolleyes:

Actually I was admitting that you all consider anything I post as being a troll post..

TROLL POSTS

Luhgnut;1540627']so he makes a mission. One mission and DR people are supposed to bow down. On the other hand' date=' there are dozens if not hundreds of people making superiour missions and mods for Arma2 and they don't jump up and down saying "look at me! I made a mission!" Get's frustrated when the Arma2 people go "meh".

Although the mission on DR is far superior to anything else out there for DR, it's not even average for Arma2 recognition.

I equate his mission to "The worlds most perfect toothpick."[/quote']

He's had a full 2 days playing Arma2 ( "I purchased ARMA2 played that for about 2 days before shelfing it too for various reasons" ) AND he's made a mission for OPFDR, of course he's a guru. :rolleyes:
He couldnt properly give orders to the AI, of course he is a guru. Maybe he took CS III

your all just as bad, and in many cases worse than I am.

Stop insulting/flaming me and I'll stop posting plain and simple

templargfx - why you simply cannot f*** Dragon Rice and play Arma2 ?

We have a nice saying here in the Czech Republic. Rough translation to English would be: "What you can't see doesn't hurt you."

"All" is an over generalisation.

You are just as bad as them, because rather than ignoring it, you're fanning the flames.

Not saying they're any better. They have every right to be upset with CodeMasters for what they've done, but personal attacks on anyone aren't needed.

you know what happened last time I left this forum with the intention of not returning? some of your oh-so-nice members followed me back to the CM forum and starting posting there, they then started flooding all my youtube videos with ARMA posts, and sending me PM's here. All to continue there trolling.

you know what happened last time I left this forum with the intention of not returning? some of your oh-so-nice members followed me back to the CM forum and starting posting there, they then started flooding all my youtube videos with ARMA posts, and sending me PM's here. All to continue there trolling.

I'm not sure if sticking your finger right in the middle of the hornet's nest is the best strategy though.

your all just as bad, and in many cases worse than I am.

You asked for it really as soon as you lost your objectivity and let your ego grow out of control and now it looks like you've been exposed before your peers over on the CM forums...

Sad really as you seem like someone with a bit of talent for mission design and scripting which if you applied to Arma2 I think you could come up with something quite good, but you let your judgement be clouded by your 15 minutes of fame.

And circumventing copy protection. It'll be interesting to see how mods will handle this one.

Will it be "one rule to bind them all" or "some folks are more equal than others"?

Word to the wise Templar. People in this industry **** in the same pot and memories are long. It's considered very bad form for industry professionals to be discussing or suggesting ( in your case allegedly how easy it is ) to circumvent another companies copy protection system.

Careful you don't permanently damage your chances of a possible career in this industry and CM's reputation for the sake of your epeen.

Edited by Janxy

templargfx - but CM cheated customers saying "sequel" "unique never seen before level of military realism" etc.

why you (person who have Arma and can compare) still with them ?

it is for me hard to understand

if i am cheated by someone (person for example) i am cutting all contacts till that person will not say sorry and do something good for me

why you with them ?

or maybe their community is so not-creative, that there is easy to do anything in DR and be known ?

in Arma2 it takes a lot of patience and skills

but why you for example not do missions for us in Arma2 ?

what makes you keep their "game community" ?

templargfx - but CM cheated customers saying "sequel" "unique never seen before level of military realism" etc.

if i am cheated by someone (person for example) i am cutting all contacts till that person will not say sorry and do something good for me

why you with them ?

or maybe their community is so not-creative, that there is easy to do anything in DR and be known ?

I think him having contact with Codemasters staff inflated his ego, which is totally understandable, I'm not having a go at him for that. But, somewhere along the line he just seems to have turned from objective to "I hate ArmA 2" and "I LOVE DR", more or less since that contact with CM. It's clouded his judgement so he's defending something because it seems more personal to him now.

That's what I gather from it anyway. Just let him do as he wants. One bit of advice I'd give him (that others also gave him) is not to poke the hornets nest. Coming to this forum and bashing BIS games is one sure way to cause people to be hostile towards you.

why you with them ?

I didnt feel cheated by CM, because I ignored all the bullshit they spouted before they released the game, just like I do for all games, becuase they all lie. hell BIS made it out like ARMA2 was gods gift to gamers, but when it came out, it had all the bugs ARMA had plus many more, and was basically unplayable from a singleplayer standpoint.

I dont understand why you feel cheated, what did they cheat you out of exactly?

i've been looking at this closely...maybe someone can answer me this question. Are the PLA and US troops in DR using the same model? If not then it is certainly a very similar base. Seems kinda lazy to me.

Yes they are, the heads are different though, but not much. There used to be a large discussion on the DR forums (not arma peoples bashing) but people stating that they team kill constantly because the models are identical. I think there is some variation though, but not much when you are 100 meters away. What's also sad, is that the friendly and opposing force tracers are multi-colored (which is far from reality) you don't inter-disperse red and green tracers. Also I believe Nato Forces shoot Red tracers by default unless loaded onto a gunship (not totally certain here) but I know they don't randomize them. They shoot red/green/white phosphor in DR. Looks like Christmas. (I guess that slipped by their military testers) So you really don't know who's shooting whom. That coupled with the fact that the Asians are all 250lbs and on steroids, the uniforms nearly identical, you have to wait to see if they shoot in your direction. Which is perfectly safe, cause they can't hit you.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Two flaws there. I finished the campaign, in German, before the first patch. And BIS didn't advertise ArmA 2. They just showed some gameplay at several conferences and didn't spout anything there other than what the game was about.

But Templar is right. Patches made Arma 2 better. So we should wait a couple of months for CM to release patches that add massive scale battles, that add all those detailed animations, that add the brilliant graphics, that add a more functional netcode, that add dedicated server support, that add everything Sion mentioned.... it could happen.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Luhgnut;1540804']Yes they are' date=' the heads are different though, but not much. There used to be a large discussion on the forums (not arma peoples bashing) but people stating that they team kill constantly because the models are identical. I think there is some variation though, but not much when you are 100 meters away.[/quote']

That's also because with the LOD problems, over 100m is very hard to distinguish.

@templar

hey where did I troll post you? You don't even know the definition of trolling is! I said your mission was good, for DR, but I equate it to the worlds most perfect toothpick.

That's not trolling. You popping in here, insulting people, then getting upset because you get flamed! Oh this is good. Wait... let's see. You say you'll quit posting when you stop getting flamed. But you come in here, and post crap.

Personally, your constant trolling, your criticizing of how the forum is moderated, and discussing your knowledge of how to beat FADE. Warrants a ban in my book. Does anybody else here see a ban? What I'm more confused about is why W0llie or Placebo haven't banned you already?

you offer nothing. not a single thing except your constant whining.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

[/color]

That's also because with the LOD problems, over 100m is very hard to distinguish.

also need to couple the fact that the graphics are so washed out, to me, they just look like multi-shaded brown on brown, with flecks of black.

Luhgnut;1540810']@templar

What I'm more confused about is why W0llie or Placebo haven't banned you already?

Maybe they are waiting to see how deep the hole will get that he is digging for himself. Edited by Janxy

I didnt feel cheated by CM, because I ignored all the bullshit they spouted before they released the game, just like I do for all games, becuase they all lie. hell BIS made it out like ARMA2 was gods gift to gamers, but when it came out, it had all the bugs ARMA had plus many more, and was basically unplayable from a singleplayer standpoint.

There is a very distinct difference here. What CM did was talk about a type of gameplay that never made it into the game, with features that are nowhere to be found (free roaming map to name just one), and features that are clearly not wanted if you develop the most realistic wargame ever (dispersion shield).

BIS didn't really leave out anything that they had promised prior to release. What was missing from ArmA2 was the stability that extensive testing and fixing brings, which you keep mentioning. Bugs are to be expected in any complex software application.

The deficiencies of these two games are therefore totally different, namely buggy features vs non-implemented ones, but heavily talked about ones as if they were in. That's the only reason DR is so much more stable than ArmA2 besides the barren island, all of the features that could have caused problems (though I'd prefer to consider them positively, as improving the game, bugs or no bugs) were ripped out or never developed in the first place.

I'd rather have a game that has great potential but with bugs that will need time to iron-out, rather than a shallow, unremarkable game that has little or no bugs in order to run it on a piece of inferiour hardware. Bugs can be ironed out in a free patch, BIS is renowned for supporting it's games with patches for years after release, missing features are rather unlikely to be put in through a patch, but rather through paid DLC. CM could have chosen to just put everything into the core game, but instead they chose to take (unremarkable imo) stuff out and milk it's customers some more.

discussing your knowledge of how to beat FADE. Warrants a ban in my book.

He did not say these things on these forums, someone else brought them over from the CM forums, therefore he cannot be banned for them here (putting bets on whether or not they will ban him there would be silly since we all know the outcome already, the topic starter will be banned for the bogus reason of talking about warez (real reason: not praising CM), and Templar will not even be mentioned, or a slap on the wrist at most). So let's not suggest to the Moderators that they make this place as bad as those hypocritically moderated CM forums ;)

Edited by JdB

Everyone's gotta stop looking for reasons to flame each other. Instead just flame CM.

Everyone's gotta stop looking for reasons to flame each other. Instead just flame CM.

There's not much of a challenge in that really ;)

Luhgnut;1540810']Personally' date=' your constant trolling, your criticizing of how the forum is moderated, and discussing your knowledge of how to beat FADE. Warrants a ban in my book. Does anybody else here see a ban? What I'm more confused about is why W0llie or Placebo haven't banned you already?[/quote']

CW001 quoted me from another forum, then you brought it up again. You are the two discussing it here, not me