Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

CW001 quoted me from another forum, then you brought it up again. You are the two discussing it here, not me

ok, so what is your purpose here? I've gone back through every post you have made, and not one single post you have made has anything to do with Dragon Rising. All I see is whining, trolling and you defending yourself. Not once do you discuss the merits or deficiencies of Dragon Rising. Not a single post. I found it laughable that somebody would have the audacity to create an average mission (by arma2 standards) then try and sell it to "your DR community." OR entice CM to release it as another pay for content addon to the already been screwed console community. A community that is bailing ship, that is looking for content to play DR for another couple hours. I'm not sure of your intentions for posting polls asking what people would be willing to pay for content that I feel the majority of this community sees as whoring. I'm not speaking for the whole community obviously, but I feel a majority of this community probably would agree with me.

So it's either you're trying to

A) Personally make money and capitalizing on the community that you supposedly love.

B) Trying to entice CM to see the monetary benefits of releasing it to consoles. That already paid for a crippled game.

C) Stroke your EGO. (Pun intended)

I pick "C"

So in any of the above options, as a mission maker I view this sort of activity as loathsome because of all the missions created for Arma1 and Arma2 and probably for OFP, nobody had the loss of mentality to even consider "selling" their work for any reason. Either for personal monetary gain or to benefit BIS.

So personally I find that absurd. You pop back in and attempt to somehow change the attitudes of many. I also feel that you get some sort of negative attention satisfaction stirring up people that find your actions already and continuously appalling and immature.

Again, you offer nothing what so ever to this community. Nothing.

Here's some advice. You want to get our attention? You want some respect? Get over your petty hang ups of the release state of Arma2. Learn the editor. Make some killer missions, and then see how the community accepts you.

Otherwise, quit your whining, because nothing you say is going to make not a single one of us, uninstall Arma2 and embrace the blinding brilliance of DR.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

I'd rather have a game that has great potential but with bugs that will need time to iron-out, rather than a shallow, unremarkable game that has little or no bugs in order to run it on a piece of inferiour hardware. Bugs can be ironed out in a free patch, BIS is renowned for supporting it's games with patches for years after release, missing features are rather unlikely to be put in through a patch, but rather through paid DLC. CM could have chosen to just put everything into the core game, but instead they chose to take (unremarkable imo) stuff out and milk it's customers some more.

This is exactly why I prefer BIS and their software. I bought ARMA I & II and I knew what I was getting into. It is too bad the games aren't bug free on the initial release. This is an area that BIS needs improvement on, but no denying their commitment and involvement in the getting the software up to snuff. ARMA II ver 1.05 has addressed a lot of issues. CM have proved one thing, they are not cut out to make this kind of software. I was hoping for DR to be something special like the original. CM got my money on the marketing of DR and I did choose to buy it, sadly it was my mistake.

This is exactly why I prefer BIS and their software. I bought ARMA I & II and I knew what I was getting into. It is too bad the games aren't bug free on the initial release. This is an area that BIS needs improvement on, but no denying their commitment and involvement in the getting the software up to snuff. ARMA II ver 1.05 has addressed a lot of issues. CM have proved one thing, they are not cut out to make this kind of software. I was hoping for DR to be something special like the original. CM got my money on the marketing of DR and I did choose to buy it, sadly it was my mistake.

+1

I've actually enjoyed the ride! With every beta release I'm like "oh boy it's just getting better!" Yeah the release state was buggy but I didn't care... I'm running all over and getting immersed in warfare. Then with every patch and release then couple that with Ace2, it's like getting a new game every week.

I still don't see all these "mountains of bugs" people keep going on about. Yes ArmA 1 was pretty damn buggy and slapped together half heartedly (BIS even admitted this and then made up for it with some stellar patches that added a bunch of new content and missions). I haven't really seen them with ArmA 2 though. There's some quirkyness here and there and the AI can still spaz out and be monumentally stupid, but that goes with any true AI rather than scripted stuff.

The biggest issue for me was performance, but then I don't blame the game or BIS for it, I blame my PC. I built this thing just before ArmA 1 came out so expecting awesome things in ArmA 2 is a bit shortsighted, but I've stuck a newer shiny GPU in the thing and all's good in the world lol.

BIS have a great track record of actually supporting their games for a long time as you say. Sadly with the complexity of the games they make it's pretty damn hard, time consuming and VERY expensive to test it as well as maybe we'd like them to, but most of us know to expect a great solid foundation, lots of brilliant features and awesome detail, but lacking that last bit of polish on some implementation that gradually becomes polished gold with patches.

BIS have a great track record of actually supporting their games for a long time as you say. Sadly with the complexity of the games they make it's pretty damn hard, time consuming and VERY expensive to test it as well as maybe we'd like them to, but most of us know to expect a great solid foundation, lots of brilliant features and awesome detail, but lacking that last bit of polish on some implementation that gradually becomes polished gold with patches.

+1

BIS should hold there heads up high

I can't think of any other game made by someone else with the support BIS provide.

And OFP and ARMA series of games would naturally have the most bugs because of the open world environment and the possiblities in the game.

How many much larger companies with much larger budget have dared to try make a game like this???

People wine but they have no idea about the difference between OFP/ARMA/ARMA2 and other games they compare it with

Dragon rising on the other hand is a big dissapointment in all areas

Edited by vasmkd
added text

Luhgnut;1540847']I found it laughable that somebody would have the audacity to create an average mission (by arma2 standards) then try and sell it to "your DR community." OR entice CM to release it as another pay for content addon to the already been screwed console community. A community that is bailing ship' date=' that is looking for content to play DR for another couple hours. I'm not sure of your intentions for posting polls asking what people would be willing to pay for content that I feel the majority of this community sees as whoring. I'm not speaking for the whole community obviously, but I feel a majority of this community[i'] probably[/i] would agree with me.

So it's either you're trying to

A) Personally make money and capitalizing on the community that you supposedly love.

B) Trying to entice CM to see the monetary benefits of releasing it to consoles. That already paid for a crippled game.

C) Stroke your EGO. (Pun intended)

I pick "C"

So in any of the above options, as a mission maker I view this sort of activity as loathsome because of all the missions created for Arma1 and Arma2 and probably for OFP, nobody had the loss of mentality to even consider "selling" their work for any reason. Either for personal monetary gain or to benefit BIS.

I created the mission for the PC, and had no intention of doing anything in regards to consoles with it. then the console community started harassing CM for it to be ported to the consoles (via threads, pms and emails). As i am in contact with the community manager over there, he made me aware of this. I asked what is the most likely way to get CM to actually port it to the consoles. the answer, to show that CM can make money. So I created that poll. And I can't believe I'm having to say this to YOU again, right SMACK in the first post of that poll I state VERY CLEARLY I do not want any money for myself. Take your blinders off FFS

Luhgnut;1540847']Again' date=' you offer nothing what so ever to this community. Nothing.[/quote']

Its annoying when someone from another community comes over to yours are offers nothing positive at all, yet continues to post and post and post. At least I dont make thread after thread in the general forum unlike alot of the people who post in this thread do at the CM forums

Luhgnut;1540847']Here's some advice. You want to get our attention? You want some respect? Get over your petty hang ups of the release state of Arma2. Learn the editor. Make some killer missions' date=' and then see how the community accepts you.[/quote']

I dont want your attention, infact I've said quite a few times I want the opposite, I want you all to stop flaming me for no reason other than I like DR, and have made a very popular mission for it

I certainly dont want any respect from 90% of the people posting here

Why would I bother spending all that time and effort making missions/mods for a game I do not enjoy?

Its annoying when someone from another community comes over to yours are offers nothing positive at all, yet continues to post and post and post. At least I dont make thread after thread in the general forum unlike alot of the people who post in this thread do at the CM forums

Is it now???

And what do u think u are doing over at this community?

Hang on a second ur the guy that pretended to buy ARMA2. U said u would only buy it from steam and bought it from steam. Then u complained about some silly bug problems and it sounded like u had fade. Then u showed a photoshopped job of a pic of u holding a hard copy.

Then u said u gave up on the game

Everyone here knew what u were up2 lol

I think DR might have a surpise for us....

I was interested in the CSP mod team for DR and they went very quiet after the game launch and confirmation no SDK would be released.

Also recently it seems the mods on the CM forums promoting so sort of resurgence for Sir Polis and his buddies.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-mess-hall-1168/401548-old-guard-dr-check-here.html

Being bored at work I did a bit of digging, seems the CSP team is all but saying they have something in the works and Sir Polis and co and asking 'old timers' to get in touch with the help of the CM mods?

Please do this guys if your old guard OFP DR.

It maybe advantagous

was posted by one of the mods in the thread.

Anyway who knows maybe CM have been working behind the scenes with the CSP mod and they might release something?

Maybe patch two will have addons in the DLC and a mission from templargfx?

smells a bit of a beta test of sorts who knows :)

Is it now???

And what do u think u are doing over at this community?

Hang on a second ur the guy that pretended to buy ARMA2. U said u would only buy it from steam and bought it from steam. Then u complained about some silly bug problems and it sounded like u had fade. Then u showed a photoshopped job of a pic of u holding a hard copy.

Then u said u gave up on the game

Everyone here knew what u were up2 lol

yeah I said I'd buy it on steam, then I was in EB and it was special for half price, cheaper than steam so I bought it. You greatly over estimate my photoshopping abilities. If you knew anything about photo manipulation you would be able to tell straight away that the webcam shot of me holding the game has not been altered in any way.

And as the problems I was having had nothing to do with my ability to shoot people, or me turning into a bird. no, the problems I had did not sound fade related (as many people said after that idiot accused me of having an illegal copy)

Show me how that picture is photoshopped, Mr Photo Manipulator Professional. oh wait you cant, because its not edited in any way....

the answer, to show that CM can make money. So I created that poll.

And that's exactly the wrong way I guess. CM wants money? Then they have to deliver quality + content. Imagine users here would make BI thinking to get money with community content. It'll be the end of the free modding community. As for me I'm not going to pay for community content. I'd rather try it myself (for free).

On the other side ... supply and demand define the price, right? Now if the price is high there is a low supply and I high demand, right? Now exchange "low supply" with "few content" and you'll what most people see in DR. If DR players are satisfied with the content, fine. Most players here are not.

believe me, if I could release my mission for the console people for free I would. My mission is free on the PC, which is the only comparison you can make to this game and its community, as there is no ARMA2 for consoles. If there was, I can almost guarentee you BIS would charge for DLC, because it does cost money for a company to put stuff up for console users to download.

What would you rather as a console user, pay for community content, or no community content at all? Honestly?

yeah I said I'd buy it on steam, then I was in EB and it was special for half price, cheaper than steam so I bought it. You greatly over estimate my photoshopping abilities. If you knew anything about photo manipulation you would be able to tell straight away that the webcam shot of me holding the game has not been altered in any way.

And as the problems I was having had nothing to do with my ability to shoot people, or me turning into a bird. no, the problems I had did not sound fade related (as many people said after that idiot accused me of having an illegal copy)

Show me how that picture is photoshopped, Mr Photo Manipulator Professional. oh wait you cant, because its not edited in any way....

Well u said u were not getting a hard copy and u were getting it from steam and also look at ur or who ever's hair on the left hand side of the the pic.

To straight angles coming to a point and funny how its blue there.

Then the black outline on the right hand side cheek and ear. Not saying it's 100% sure but looks pretty dodgy to me. I could photoshop myself very easily and it will look way more legit than that.

A pic like that with someone holding a game can be very easily photoshopped and there is no way u could tell when the pic is shrunk

Can u prove it's not photoshopped?

Here is the pic

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=90454&page=4

Edited by vasmkd
spelling

Can u prove it's not photoshopped?

I have no need to prove its not photoshopped, it is you who is accusing me of creating a fake image to trick people into thinking I own the game. it is you who has to PROVE its photoshopped. not the other way around.

could I prove it tho? sure, I could take a video of me opening the box, taking out the discs and manual and holding them up to my webcam. but why should I. the picture is real, and anyone with image expertise could tell you so straight away

I have no need to prove its not photoshopped, it is you who is accusing me of creating a fake image to trick people into thinking I own the game. it is you who has to PROVE its photoshopped. not the other way around.

could I prove it tho? sure, I could take a video of me opening the box, taking out the discs and manual and holding them up to my webcam. but why should I. the picture is real, and anyone with image expertise could tell you so straight away

obviously ur reading skills are not too crash hot

I told u why i thought it was photoshopped, read again

obviously ur reading skills are not too crash hot

I told u why i thought it was photoshopped, read again

they were such noob reasons I ignored them. First you say its hard to tell because its shrunk, they you give straight edges as evidence to photoshopping. which is an extremely common occurance when shrinking with bicubic filters, then you talk about the "black outline" which is my HAIR.

You guys know how to waste time, arguing over ... what again? Time better spent playing Arma2!

I have no idea why people keep bringing my old thread up.

an honest question, I know its off topic, but its not worth making a whole thread just for an answer. How come all the youtube videos of really large battles in ARMA2 are all at night time? I cant find any that are done during the day. is there a reason? or did I just miss them?

1 reason i can think of is you wouldnt see much in the daytime. Theres so many trees and ground clutter, units are camouflaged. At night you are able to see the tracers easier.

Would you like me to make a 1500 AI battle in daytime right now?

up to you. Its just something that I have always wondered about. Your reason is the reason I thought myself. but you know, curiosity..

It should look just as awesome in the daytime though, and I'd figure you would see more as, although units are camouflaged, you should be able to see them moving around (providing the camera isnt moving too much)

If you install Arma2 patch 1.05 theres 2 new benchmarks that give largish battles,1 day and night.

believe me, if I could release my mission for the console people for free I would. My mission is free on the PC, which is the only comparison you can make to this game and its community, as there is no ARMA2 for consoles. If there was, I can almost guarentee you BIS would charge for DLC, because it does cost money for a company to put stuff up for console users to download.

What would you rather as a console user, pay for community content, or no community content at all? Honestly?

True ... basicly that's one of many reasons why I don't play any console games. I wouldn't play ArmA II on console either no matter how good or bad it is. When playing console games, isn't the player accepting certain limitations by default (like not using community content)?

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/5976016-post13.html

See you've modified your original post to save your own skin, but I'm not sure how welcome Templar should be around these parts anymore... .

Also, is it only me who's annoyed by the fact that all their remaining mods have XBox avatars in their sigs (the ones with the ridiculous, babyish engorged heads)?

Edited by Richey79

they were such noob reasons I ignored them. First you say its hard to tell because its shrunk, they you give straight edges as evidence to photoshopping. which is an extremely common occurance when shrinking with bicubic filters, then you talk about the "black outline" which is my HAIR.

Once again u misread the post

No i said it's harder to tell if an image is manipulated after shrinking in photoshop.

Just to keep u happy i'll come to the conclusion that u just have hairy ears or a bad webcam.

it was obvious to everyone u were just posting to try steer ppl away from ARMA2 so u can get on CM good side

you know what happened last time I left this forum with the intention of not returning? some of your oh-so-nice members followed me back to the CM forum and starting posting there, they then started flooding all my youtube videos with ARMA posts, and sending me PM's here. All to continue there trolling.

Yes we are all following YOU :rolleyes:

Personally i visit the CM forums for a quick laugh :yay:

Yes we are all following YOU :rolleyes:

Personally i visit the CM forums for a quick laugh :yay:

those who came to the CM forums and posted in unrelated threads in which I was active, attempting to continue flaming me once they realised I had stopped reading my first thread were certainly following ME

See you've modified your original post to save your own skin, but I'm not sure how welcome Templar should be around these parts anymore... .

I modified my post, because as someone stated its against the rules to talk about that.

I love the fact that a heap you seem to have nothing more to do than search the CM forums for my posts to comment on them here